I was listening to this song again and I noticed during the guitar solo that the pattern changes kind of every 4th bar.

At first I thought there were just extra faster notes added into the guitar part on those bars but after listening to it again I think there are two bars of 6/4 (or two sets of two bars of 3/4) in there! Does this seem right to everyone else?

I'm loving all the complexities of this song that I'm hearing through new listenings!

I was listening to this song again and I noticed during the guitar solo that the pattern changes kind of every 4th bar.

At first I thought there were just extra faster notes added into the guitar part on those bars but after listening to it again I think there are two bars of 6/4 (or two sets of two bars of 3/4) in there! Does this seem right to everyone else?

I'm loving all the complexities of this song that I'm hearing through new listenings!

I remember Matt saying that the song switches from 5/4 to 11/8 at one point.

Has anyone been able to completely decipher the lyrics? This is the best I could do:

Animal

You're an animal

Don't take anything less

Out of control

You're out of control

Strike those in distress

Analyze

Advertise

Expand

Add more rules

By self-(?)

Animals

We're animals

By wind, blood is on the street

Out of control

We're out of control

Crush those (who beg?) at your feet

Analyze

Franchise

Spread out

Kill the competition

By self (?)

Advertise

Downsize

Kill yourself

Come on and do us all a favor

Has anyone been able to completely decipher the lyrics? This is the best I could do:

Animal

You're an animal

Don't take anything less

Out of control

You're out of control

Strike those in distress

Analyze

Advertise

Expand

Bend more rules

Buy yourself an island

Animals

We're animals

Buy when blood is on the street

Out of control

We're out of control

Crush those who beg at your feet

Analyze

Franchise

Spread out

Kill the competition

Buy yourself an ocean

Advertise

Downsize

Lay off

Kill yourself

Come on and do us all a favor

Fixed. :)

That looks good! Not that fond on the color choice of the second artwork though :p

During the 2nd clip the colors will be randomly cycling... Those colors will be there for about a 1/5th of a second. It will be an acid trip. Yay.

Kill Yourselves lyric is killing this song for me.

I wish it weren't, because the music is fantastic.

I just don't like treating other human beings with families and loved ones and such as though they are disposable, no matter how much you disagree with their politics, etc.

I guess it's my age talking.... I've seen too much pain from losing loved ones to throw words like "kill yourself" around in any context.

the only gripe i have is the teenage lyric: "kill yourself, come on do us all a favor"

like.. really?

I don't like it because people are using it around the message board as an insult against other people. :indiff: Just because it's a lyric doesn't make it right!

I just don't like treating other human beings with families and loved ones and such as though they are disposable, no matter how much you disagree with their politics, etc.

I guess it's my age talking.... I've seen too much pain from losing loved ones to throw words like "kill yourself" around in any context.

I thought "Aim, shoot, kill your leaders" was worse, but effective in conveying the message. I don't mind it, really. They're not really asking people to kill others, but using the phrases to emphasize an emotion.

I don't like it because people are using it around the message board as an insult against other people. :indiff: Just because it's a lyric doesn't make it right!

I thought "Aim, shoot, kill your leaders" was worse, but effective in conveying the message. I don't mind it, really. They're not really asking people to kill others, but using the phrases to emphasize an emotion.

:yesey: :yesey:

For me, one of the keys to enjoying a post-Absolution Muse album is to never take Matt's lyrics seriously. :chuckle: Once you're over that hurdle everything is easier.

My knee-jerk reaction was to make Animals my fave song out of the new album, and it just gets better and better every time I hear it. I love how it reminds me of Origin, Absolution, and Black Holes all at the same time, and that guitar at the end is flawless. Loving the bass, too. :happy:

I agree, it's just a very volitile time right now in a lot of places, and I would hate for the band to find out that some ne'er do well resonsible for bad things was using their music as a soundtrack to his terror....

It's a touchy subject....

Yeah, I can see that. But people that do such things typically do not have a steady grasp on their own mindsets already. It's similar to the argument about violence in video games and other media, or even a twinkie treat causing others to kill. It's misplaced blame. Instead of addressing the importance of mental health and reducing that stigma through education, people would rather blame art and media.

What are your opinions on Assassin?

Edit: Never mind, it's been touched on.

I like this song one of the best on the album, probably next to Supremacy. Love that guitar work starting at 1:22, really beautiful. :happy: Reminds me of something out of the early 70's..

Only drawbacks for me are the same drawbacks I feel about other parts of the album. The awkward/blatant lyrics and the sound effects/sound bites in the background. The traders recorded at the end definitely sound like a pack of wild dogs! Perfectly effective in getting across the message of the song, but grating to hear after the gorgeousness of the actual music. ....but hey, that's Muse... :p To me, they just haven't pulled off their ugly lyric/beautiful music thing quite as well on this album.

Archived