Well what he's saying is that if they can sell out 50,000 in a few minutes, and they decide to play a 2,000 capacity venue, they're leaving out a bunch of fans. They'd have to play 25 nights at that venue to get the same amount of people that would go to the 50,000 capacity (stadiums are usually bigger than that too).

A 2000 seat venue for a band of Muse's stature is akin to playing a small club. :LOL: I think arenas are the better compromise.

And a fan would rather be 100 metres away from the band than outside the venue

As I've said before, I wouldn't pay $$ to "see" a band from 100+ meters if I were a casual fan. And everyone I know feels the same way.

I knew it.

I was thinking "is it those bitches killing Micro Cuts"?

And it was.

Don't bring this up again. They were just excited to hear the song.

As I've said before, I wouldn't pay $$ to "see" a band from 100+ meters if I were a casual fan. And everyone I know feels the same way.

Well they sell out the stadiums they play, so clearly a lot of people don't feel the same way. I agree I'd prefer arenas though.

Not that I know of.

See, if they were to do special shows occasionally, and release tickets in a way that loyal fans had a better chance of attending, I'd be fine with them playing stadiums. :) Doing occasional gigs like that would certainly make a statement showing they appreciate their hardcore fans.

See, if they were to do special shows occasionally, and release tickets in a way that loyal fans had a better chance of attending, I'd be fine with them playing stadiums. :) Doing occasional gigs like that would certainly make a statement showing they appreciate their hardcore fans.

That stuff tends to be kept in Europe since they have a bigger following (I guess).

The size of the US could play a problem too. We have states that could cover multiple European countries.

:LOL::LOL: You'd be fine with them playing stadiums?

I didn't know they had to meet your criteria to play in stadiums.

It's a health and safety thing. If we're to use an example that springs to mind, take Radiohead. They'd planned to play a small gig in a bar in London with a few tickets available, but the demand was SO ENORMOUS that not only did they have to change venue, but they had to turn away hundreds of people because it was just absolutely packed to capacity. Same happened with Arcade Fire I think.

Muse have a larger fanbase than Radiohead (albeit a bit younger), so it'd be the same kind of story. When you've got 5000 fans trying to cram into a 2000 capacity arena, there's going to be so many people that miss out, and the exclusivity of a small gig means that fans will be more devastated they missed intimate Muse than stadium Muse.

Obviously we'd appreciate small gigs, but it's too impractical for an enormous band like Muse. There is no way to target just the loyal fans.

That stuff tends to be kept in Europe since they have a bigger following (I guess). The size of the US could play a problem too. We have states that could cover multiple European countries.

Well, they've added second shows in the more obvious locations already (LA & NYC). Obviously, special small venue shows would make the most sense in locations on the east or west coasts.

They're missing out on a fantastic opportunity for hype by not doing special shows here! :LOL: Maybe they need to think more like those Animal businesspeople. :chuckle:

:LOL::LOL: You'd be fine with them playing stadiums?

I didn't know they had to meet your criteria to play in stadiums.

Seriously dude, WTF are you talking about? :LOL: Who was giving "stadium criteria"? My point was that, if Muse wanted to play strictly stadiums, I wouldn't be bummed out about it as much if they were to do occasional smaller, more intimate gigs.

It's a health and safety thing. If we're to use an example that springs to mind, take Radiohead. They'd planned to play a small gig in a bar in London with a few tickets available, but the demand was SO ENORMOUS that not only did they have to change venue, but they had to turn away hundreds of people because it was just absolutely packed to capacity. Same happened with Arcade Fire I think.

In a BAR? No wonder things got weird with the Radiohead thing! And it sounds to me like it was an extreme rarity. I'm talking doing occasional, not extremely rare, smaller venue appearances. Like maybe 10 a year. And of course a lot of people are going to be disappointed. But the people who DO get to see the show will remember it for a lifetime.

Obviously we'd appreciate small gigs, but it's too impractical for an enormous band like Muse. There is no way to target just the loyal fans.

I disagree that there's no way to target loyal fans. Where there's a will, there's a way. ;)

Muse is bigger than Radiohead? :eek: I find that hard to believe.

And I <3 Animals. It's the only song I bought off of T2L.

Seriously dude, WTF are you talking about? :LOL: Who was giving "stadium criteria"? My point was that, if Muse wanted to play strictly stadiums, I wouldn't be bummed out about it as much if they were to do occasional smaller, more intimate gigs.

"See, if they were to do special shows occasionally, and release tickets in a way that loyal fans had a better chance of attending, I'd be fine with them playing stadiums."

You would only be ok with them playing stadiums if they occasionally did special shows. Your words. So WTF are you talking about?

I'm talking about my personal ideas on the subject. And you care because..........????

Much different response from your last one.

My point was that it is pretty ridiculous for someone to say they would be ok if Muse did stadium shows only if they do special shows.

My point was that it is pretty ridiculous for someone to say they would be ok if Muse did stadium shows only if they do special shows.

Ummmm....... Okay. And you feel compelled to comment because.......???

Besides, your interpretation is wrong. My point is that the tradeoff would be more worth it if the DID do occasional smaller venue appearances.

Clearly you don't understand a) what the internet is or b) what a messaging board is

Besides, your interpretation is wrong. My point is that the tradeoff would be more worth it if the DID do occasional smaller venue appearances.

It isn't. You said you would be ok with them doing stadium shows if they did special shows in a way that only loyal fans could attend (which by the way isn't an easy thing to do).

I'm talking about my personal ideas on the subject. And you care because..........????

Three dots and one question mark is enough. God damn.

Clearly you don't understand a) what the internet is or b) what a messaging board is

What the Internet is has very little to do with it.

Three dots and one question mark is enough. God damn.

You can never......................ever...........................EVER...............have enough............................dots......................

.................prick.

???!?!!!??!?!?!?!

Archived