It isn't the production. The riff isn't played consistently enough and the beat is on the hi hat opposed to the crash. Makes it sound a lot less heavy than it should be, personally I don't have a problem with the way it sounds.

Its the production and the staccato that wasn't present in the live version as well.

That riff needs proper distortion and attack from the guitar. It feels as if it lacks size, as if the song gets smaller at that point.

I think a lot of it has to do with the mix of bankers yelling going on at the same time. It seems to go flat because of it.

Its the production and the staccato that wasn't present in the live version as well.

That riff needs proper distortion and attack from the guitar. It feels as if it lacks size, as if the song gets smaller at that point.

I think a lot of it has to do with the mix of bankers yelling going on at the same time. It seems to go flat because of it.

I just think it's the way the songs played that makes it lack heaviness.

I don't even hear a hint of Radiohead in this song.

the drums remind me alot of radiohead, as well as the guitar tone/melody(the one at the start).

I think the drums remind me of reckoner by radiohead actually. for a definite answer i would have to listen to radiohead again for real

I don't understand the overwhelming love for this track. I mean it's ok but I could have done without the voices at the end. And overall I found the instruments boring.

The only reason I like it is because Matt's voice sounds very Dracula-esque. The same for the intro to Supremacy. It's great. That should be their next concept album. :p

Why does everyone want/expect heaviness on this track? It's beautiful as it is (one of my all time favorite Muse songs, in fact), and the best part isn't even the heavier bit.

agreed, the ending is take it or leave it for me. rest of the song is so good though :happy:

Archived