So looking through some of the threads here, I was amazed at how much flack some of my favorite songs get here. Of course, I'm no music expert or anything, but.. amazed I tell you.

First and most importantly... Falling Away with You. I think that's soft-core Muse at they're best. It's pretty catchy, great lyrics, and nice beat to it as well. Believe it or not, it's my second favorite song from Absolution (after Stockholm Syndrome), and a nice mellow continuation after Stockholm Syndrome.

Almost as important... I Belong to You (+ Mon Cœur S'ouvre À Ta Voix), especially the Mon Cœur S'ouvre À Ta Voix part. Apparently this song is heavily condemned due to the French bit.. which personally I thought was the best bit in all of TR. It's just so silly and "circus-y" and crazy a song. Is that why it's so unliked?

Next, one of my top 5 Muse songs overall. The song that reintroduced me to the awesomeness of Muse. Starlight. Reading the "Rate the tracklists in each album" thread, I have come to understand that more than half of the users on this board don't like this song. Honestly, I don't know what you're on about. It oozes greatness.

Fourthly, Guiding Light. I just love that electric guitar solo at 2:05, and as a whole, I find the song to be very entertaining. Maybe I can understand that it is not quite as epic as United States of Eurasia and Exogenesis, so maybe I'm in the minority here, but IMO, this song is a masterpiece compared to Undisclosed Desires.

Well I only have four actually, but to fill in the quota, I guess I find the new songs from The 2nd Law to be underrated as well. While I haven't quite reached a conclusion on what the general users on this board think about the songs, from what I have read on YouTube about Madness, I have gathered it doesn't quite achieve fandom acclaim. Okay sure, maybe it really doesn't sound very "Muse", but IMO that's what's so bloody brilliant about it. It doesn't sound like the kind of music Muse would do, but this song just goes to show Muse even rules in the pop department. A testament to the band's greatness indeed.

Almost as important... I Belong to You (+ Mon Cœur S'ouvre À Ta Voix), especially the Mon Cœur S'ouvre À Ta Voix part. Apparently this song is heavily condemned due to the French bit.. which personally I thought was the best bit in all of TR. It's just so silly and "circus-y" and crazy a song. Is that why it's so unliked?

IBTY is generally liked on this board, from what I've seen :erm: I also love how you think people don't like Guiding Light because it's not epic enough :LOL:

Anyway:

Hate This And I'll Love You

Soldier's Poem

Endlessly

Screenager

Exo-Politics

HTAILY (Best song on Showbiz)

Screenager (Some of Matt's most emotional vocals)

Endlessly (Haunting, I would like to see more love songs like this)

Exo-Politics (Catchy, great vocals)

Resistance (I always thought it was great, even if it got a bit boring live)

Absolution bonus (because I love that album): TIRO and FAWY

IBTY is generally liked on this board, from what I've seen :erm: I also love how you think people don't like Guiding Light because it's not epic enough :LOL:

Anyway:

Hate This And I'll Love You

Soldier's Poem

Endlessly

Screenager

Exo-Politics

I agree with 3/5 these,meaning

Endlessly

Screenager

Exo-Politics

I would add

Falling Down

The last one is a tough one, I don't think Muse has so many songs that are clearly underrated despite being great.

I'll throw a curve ball and say The House of the Rising Sun cover. It barely gets any mention at all, ever. Mainly because it has a great, passionate vocal delivery by Matt, even if all that distortion/´"buzz sounds" are annoying though and the production overall pretty terrible.

(I don't consider IBTY/Apocalypse Please underrated, they have their firm fan bases)

Falling Away With You - I find that the clean, softer parts of the song are some of the best Muse have ever done only to have them ruined by the distorted parts. I heard many say that it's boring until it gets heavier, but I think it's the complete opposite. Regardless, it's still one of my favorite songs by them.

Invincible - Gorgeous tune, great melody, and fantastic solo (it might not be the most technically brilliant thing, but I think it works so well in the context of the song).

The Gallery - One of the most awesome things Muse have produced. It's very different from anything they've made, but it stands on its own and is just absolutely brilliant. It's probably the only Muse song my brother doesn't dislike.

Starlight - The song that got me into Muse, and I still love it. I can see why others don't like it, but I think it's the band doing the best pop rock song they've done.

Exogenesis: Symphony Part 3 (Redemption) - The absolute best song ever made by Muse. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, it's fucking beautiful from start to finish and the way it crescendos to that climax is just out of this world. It highlights how Muse can do non-heavy tracks even better than their heavy ones and though Matt has churned out some awful tunes in the recent years, he still has brilliant songwriting skills. I know many like it, but I don't think anyone loves it as much as I do.

Agree with Falling Down, Host, Darkshines and HTAILY (one of my faves).

Hoodoo and Blackout I disagree with because they seem mostly to be universally loved, at least on here anyway.

CoD maybe? It's in my top 5, and while a lot of people seem to love it, just as many seem to dislike it, or not care.

Archived