Exo-Politics*

Falling Down

Darkshines

Undisclosed Desires

Endlessly

*I don't really understand the overwhelming hatred for this song. It's personally one of my favorites. The guitar solo, the vocals, the theremin (:awesome:), and the over the top lyrics about aliens/zetas/loaded satellites. I'm biased though, because I love crazy conspiracy theories Muse. It's what makes them fun and different.

Fury and Futurism are underrated and great.

Also, I've always liked Yes Please, Ashamed and TSP which seem to be disliked...

Fury and TSP actually do get quite a lot of love on here, from what I've seen. Especially Fury.

Exogenesis: Symphony Part 3 (Redemption) - The absolute best song ever made by Muse. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, it's fucking beautiful from start to finish and the way it crescendos to that climax is just out of this world. It highlights how Muse can do non-heavy tracks even better than their heavy ones and though Matt has churned out some awful tunes in the recent years, he still has brilliant songwriting skills. I know many like it, but I don't think anyone loves it as much as I do.

I agree with your description of it completely, but I've never seen it get much hate on here? I wouldn't call it underrated anyway.

Edit: just read your last sentence, but still.

HTAILY definitely. It's weird, when I signed up no one rarely ever mentioned this song, it felt like I was the only one appreciating it, but now, it seems like everyone loves it. Which is good. But it still needs more attention. IMO it's one of the best songs they have done

Darkshines is also really underestimated. And Soldiers Poem.

HTAILY definitely. It's weird, when I signed up no one rarely ever mentioned this song, it felt like I was the only one appreciating it, but now, it seems like everyone loves it. Which is good. But it still needs more attention. IMO it's one of the best songs they have done.

I think that's one that's a grower. I didn't think much of it at first, but now it's by far my favorite on the album. I feel the same way about Megalomania, although that seems to be pretty much universally loved on here!

Hate This And I'll Love You, definitely. some people have never actually heard it:eek:

oh, and Hoodoo. One of the best Muse songs ever (top 5 for me, actually) and it doesn't really get the reaction (I think) it was supposed to.

It used to be my favourite muse song for a long time and it still is my email address since the day gmail exists! It was funny going through university giving this email to teachers and then having some hot chicks coming to me intriguied asking about it and/or emailing me to prove it was real! ahah. :D

Falling Down and Blackout

They are my favourite Muse songs because they are so slow and reflective, yet they have so much pain bottled up inside.

I'd say Showbiz is the most underrated album. People always seem to forget about it because it was their debut, but I absolutely love it. I also think The Resistance is greatly unappreciated. Many fans of their early work hate it, but I love that classical music feel it has.

Falling Down and Blackout

They are my favourite Muse songs because they are so slow and reflective, yet they have so much pain bottled up inside.

I'd say Showbiz is the most underrated album. People always seem to forget about it because it was their debut, but I absolutely love it. I also think The Resistance is greatly unappreciated. Many fans of their early work hate it, but I love that classical music feel it has.

I completely agree with everything you have said.

And because of that, I would say that the following 5 are underrated:

Falling Down - beautiful song

Hate This and I'll Love You - like a lot of people on here, I think it's lovely

Sober - well I enjoy it

Resistance - love it

Guiding Light :p Don't get the hate, seriously.

Exo-Politics*

*I don't really understand the overwhelming hatred for this song. It's personally one of my favorites. The guitar solo, the vocals, the theremin (:awesome:), and the over the top lyrics about aliens/zetas/loaded satellites. I'm biased though, because I love crazy conspiracy theories Muse. It's what makes them fun and different.

I think it's mainly because of the horrible production on it. I listened to it just now, and I can't bear it after the first chorus.

I think this one is much better, and even then it's not that great:

Especially just letting the bass play the "opening tune" I think would have worked much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Screenager - Best song on OoS IMO. That's right, I like it more than Citizen Erased and Bliss.

Invincible - Don't get the hate. Uplifting, great buildup, nice solo, cool synths/organ/whatever, good drumming.

Falling Away With You - Touching lyrics, great vocals, the loud-soft-loud dynamic works well here as well.

Madness - Whole song is excellent, not just the ending.

I Belong to You - Cheesy, silly, ridiculous, random, utterly brilliant.

Archived