But it's not.

Butterflies and Hurricanes:

How so ? They need to play it on a click because of the backing tracks (or Morgan played the strings on BHaR tour?), it's really hard on drums as well as for the whole band to play in sync etc...I play it with my friends for fun and it's definitely the hardest Muse song to put together - (I'm not counting that I sing and play the paradidle piano together, just the whole song together)...

And TiRO experimental? wut

Well the studio version is - from synth sounds and bass to piano solo, clapping etc. - pretty experimental for Muse standard and compared to the live version...And it still kicks a*se live ! The chorus and especially the 2nd verse...You just hate it because it's being played all the time and at the Roundhouse they played this and not Stockholm - that would piss me off too ! :eek:

How so ? They need to play it on a click because of the backing tracks (or Morgan played the strings on BHaR tour?), it's really hard on drums as well as for the whole band to play in sync etc...I play it with my friends for fun and it's definitely the hardest Muse song to put together - (I'm not counting that I sing and play the paradidle piano together, just the whole song together)...

Are you saying you think B&H is underrated? By whom? I am not sure what your experience of playing the song has to do with anything, or indeed how difficult Muse find it to perform live. Maybe I am missing something here, but B&H is pretty much loved by everyone on these boards as far as I can tell!

Also, there seem to be a few people saying words to the effect of 'I haven't seen anyone say they don't like it', or 'I have no idea if it's underrated or not' and then quoting a song. So how, or why do you think it is so? Seriously bemused!

Well the studio version is - from synth sounds and bass to piano solo, clapping etc. - pretty experimental for Muse standard and compared to the live version...And it still kicks a*se live ! The chorus and especially the 2nd verse...

I really like TIRO, I love the "dynamics" in the song, but

... piano solo? :unsure:

and clapping is not that experimental especially not for Muse standards.

Yeah, I 've heard that they messed around with the bass sound.

If you have problems playing the song doesn't mean the band has problems playing it :LOL:

Well the studio version is - from synth sounds and bass to piano solo, clapping etc. - pretty experimental for Muse standard and compared to the live version...And it still kicks a*se live ! The chorus and especially the 2nd verse...You just hate it because it's being played all the time and at the Roundhouse they played this and not Stockholm - that would piss me off too ! :eek:

I don't hate it, this discussion at the moment is about the song being experimental or not.

It's not.

Are you saying you think B&H is underrated? By whom? I am not sure what your experience of playing the song has to do with anything, or indeed how difficult Muse find it to perform live. Maybe I am missing something here, but B&H is pretty much loved by everyone on these boards as far as I can tell!

Also, there seem to be a few people saying words to the effect of 'I haven't seen anyone say they don't like it', or 'I have no idea if it's underrated or not' and then quoting a song. So how, or why do you think it is so? Seriously bemused!

That's why I added - UNDERRATED BY MUSE - because they don't play it anymore :( - I know fans here love it and it's my favourite song...And to the difficulty - haven't you ever noticed how focused they look playing this song (not talking about the middle section) ? It must be hard...

TiRO - clapping was there for the first time in Muse songs if I'm not mistaken and it really is the most experimental recording on abso - other songs have pretty much standard studio sound...

That's why I added - UNDERRATED BY MUSE - because they don't play it anymore :(

Oh, I didn't read back that far. I still don't actually understand your point. They DO actually slot B&H into their sets on occasion - probably more than many 'older' songs. Not every set/tour, but I am hoping this tour!! PLEASE?

Yeah because synths weren't a major part of OoS. And piano solo? Have you heard Cave or Darkshines? But yeah, I'll give you clapping.

It's like the definition of experimentation.

Do you mean that there aren't many Muse songs that work on an acoustic guitar or that there aren't many Muse songs that you, personally, enjoy playing acoustically?

Well, a bit of both. Of course you could basically play every song by just hammering some chords, but that just doesn't sound very original anymore. Many songs have too many important instrumental parts at the same time, so you can't cover them all with one single guitar.

They play every song to a click track :chuckle: Also, the song is no more difficult than something like KOC and they've played that at every gig since BHAR, so difficulty certainly isn't a reason why they don't play it.

They play every song to a click track :chuckle: Also, the song is no more difficult than something like KOC and they've played that at every gig since BHAR, so difficulty certainly isn't a reason why they don't play it.

Well the vocals are harder than the average Muse song.

True, but I doubt that sole reason alone would stop them playing it. They're probably just looking to phase it out because it's an old song.

iirc he actually did have some trouble singing it during the few times it was played in the TR tour. And I strongly believe that Matt dropped pretty much every song because of its difficulty to sing last tour.

iirc he actually did have some trouble singing it during the few times it was played in the TR tour. And I strongly believe that Matt dropped pretty much every song because of its difficulty to sing last tour.

He did sound like he had a bit of difficulty with it in the couple of versions I've heard, but not too much, nowhere near as much as Take A Bow at least. He sounded pretty good on US as well, IIRC, so I'm not sure why that'd be dropped. Anyway, it's safe to say his voice is a lot stronger at the moment so I guess we'll see if he brings some of them back or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Endlessy is underrated. So is FAWY. And for me it's also Feeling Good (despite not being a Muse song at all). Maybe Guiding Light. It's not an awesome track, but it's alright imo.

Damn I need a 5th underrated song...

Maybe something from the new album. Like Unsustainable. IIRC people love it as an opener for live shows, but not as an album track. I love it on the album.

Archived