How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

I'm still acting like such a fanboy. I'm SO unbelievably happy with how mental this song is. It's shit, I acknowledge that, but it's shit in a good way. I don't think non-muse fans quite understand this love for the absurd and bombastic.

I'm a Muse fan and I don't understand it. Personally I think it's shit in a shit way. :(

Listening to it again....Yeah I think it was crap.

Instrumentally it was just your standard over the top bullshit that Muse tend to do all the time these days :LOL: They have the potential to produce some amazing headbanging riffage fueled rock godlike amazingness. If they just could just drop the OTT Queen stuff and revisit some OoS vibes.

Lyrically, I tend to find I enjoy the Muse songs that talk about more personal shit, because we all know his grandiose, sporadic inter-galactically themed and conspiracy theorist lyricism is shit. But then it's hard to make a song about the Olympics interesting...Personally, I think Hoodoo is the most creative thing they've ever written. It's sure as hell the only track to show a shred of poetic lyricism/genuine emotion.

Still looking forward to the album though, hopefully there will be something akin to Hoodoo/Map of the problematique on there.

This this this.

I'm looking forward to hearing the next single. I hope it's as inhibited as Matt suggests.

Hmmmmmm, want so desperately to love it....... But a bit meh at the moment to be honest, reminds me too much of stuff from "The Resistance". I'm gonna let them off with this one as they have to please the masses (ie my Mum & Dad, Granny, etc) - BUT.... I'm praying the rest of the album delivers.......I know they won't let me down!!!!! :D

I'm still acting like such a fanboy. I'm SO unbelievably happy with how mental this song is. It's shit, I acknowledge that, but it's shit in a good way. I don't think non-muse fans quite understand this love for the absurd and bombastic.

This is basically my reaction. :LOL: I'm so torn over it. I like it for what it is, but if it was an actual album track I don't think I'd like it nearly as much, y'know what I mean? :LOL:

People keep mentioning the intro being disney like but isn't that Rachmaninov?.

It sounds like Rachmaninov's 2nd concerto mashed with Chopin's Tristesse to me.

People keep mentioning the intro being disney like but isn't that Rachmaninov?.

Though I recognised it initially from the song All By Myself which is played in Bridget Jones when she thinks she will end up dying alone and being eaten by Alsatians. :LOL:

It was some Rachmaniov and some Chopin yes

Fuck all you part-time fans. Muse have been my favourite band since 2000 and they just get better. I don't want another Muscle Museum. We already have that. I want more Muse, not less Muse. I don't want them to calm it down to appease these brain-dead kids who want Muse to stick to the safe, radio friendly unit shifting boredom of uprising, starlight or undisclosed desires. GO BIG OR GO HOME. Get off the band wagon cos Twilight is over.

:yesey:

Agree with everything you said 100% Pope.

I think most of the negative feedback somehow derives from the hate for the lyrics, wich are absolutely horrendous. worst lyrics I ever heard. not just muse.

yes.

but apart from that, i think the song is just absurd brilliance, and that is something we haven't seen from Muse in a while. it's strange, bobmastic and 'wtf?' at the same time. I love it. just give me an instrumental.

no.

Archived