How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

I love it so much its unreal. So what if its cheesy, it couldn't be dark for the olympics! And the lyrics won't be heard often in the TV coverage just the instrumental version. So so happy. I was scared I wouldn't like it or would have to pretend to myself that I like it but I genuinly love it :happy:

And the piano person Matt mentioned in the interview who will be playing at the closing ceremony and asked him to do the song I am sure is Laing Laing :D

I'm afraid you misspelled Elton John.

I love it so much its unreal. So what if its cheesy, it couldn't be dark for the olympics! And the lyrics won't be heard often in the TV coverage just the instrumental version. So so happy. I was scared I wouldn't like it or would have to pretend to myself that I like it but I genuinly love it :happy:

And the piano person Matt mentioned in the interview who will be playing at the closing ceremony and asked him to do the song I am sure is Laing Laing :D

Holy shit, if it is...

I was thinking it was gonna be Elton John :chuckle:

Holy shit, I was not expecting that.

The prelude was beautiful, then the opening...well I was stunned. The lyrics are stinky cheese, but since it's for the Olympics, I'll let it slide.

But the instrumentals...HOLY FUCK AWESOME.

So I think I loved it.

Shmm mmmummm bllmmm sorry just eating all my words from earlier today...

THAT WAS FUCKING EPIC...

UsOE got drunk one night, went out, FUCKED Bohemian Rhapsody and Survival is the bastard love child of that encounter.....

Matt Bellamy, you're totally bonkers mental but that's why I love you!

Surely it will be Elton, he's one of the five acts with an official olympics song too.

I have a hard time coming up with a definite opinion on this. But you know it's the internet age and opinions on this song will be like so passé by tomorrow.

I do like the "epic" feel, but in the same time I'm not sure if I actually am touched by it in any way. My fave bit is actually the derailed IBTY-esque beginning.

The riffs/guitar parts I guess are cool, but you have that definite feeling of it being all being done before so many times. Someone on Muselive mentioned the slight Bulls on Parade ripping (during the final minute), I definitely hear it.

It's over the top and funny, and like I said the lyrics don't bother me one bit, but Matt's vocal styling does. Time will tell if I actually like this song.

Kudos for the guys for going bonkers though. I mean, if commercial concerns were the first thing in their mind they could have so easily gone for a more accessible track.

Holy shit, I was not expecting that.

The prelude was beautiful, then the opening...well I was stunned. The lyrics are stinky cheese, but since it's for the Olympics, I'll let it slide.

But the instrumentals...HOLY FUCK AWESOME.

So I think I loved it.

My exact reaction as well. :chuckle:

Archived