How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Listening to it again....Yeah I think it was crap.

Instrumentally it was just your standard over the top bullshit that Muse tend to do all the time these days :LOL: They have the potential to produce some amazing headbanging riffage fueled rock godlike amazingness. If they just could just drop the OTT Queen stuff and revisit some OoS vibes.

Lyrically, I tend to find I enjoy the Muse songs that talk about more personal shit, because we all know his grandiose, sporadic inter-galactically themed and conspiracy theorist lyricism is shit. But then it's hard to make a song about the Olympics interesting...Personally, I think Hoodoo is the most creative thing they've ever written. It's sure as hell the only track to show a shred of poetic lyricism/genuine emotion.

Still looking forward to the album though, hopefully there will be something akin to Hoodoo/Map of the problematique on there.

The intro is nice enough, and then when the actual song starts it sounds like Queen meets Maroon 5, and isn't very good. The lyrics are pretty awful. I like the guitar parts following the choruses, so that's a bit more encouraging, but the whole thing is a bit of a mess to be honest. I hope it's a standalone single and not going to appear on The 2nd Law...

The intro is nice enough, and then when the actual song starts it sounds like Queen meets Maroon 5, and isn't very good. The lyrics are pretty awful. I like the guitar parts following the choruses, so that's a bit more encouraging, but the whole thing is a bit of a mess to be honest. I hope it's a standalone single and not going to appear on The 2nd Law...

They said it was on the album.

I'm still acting like such a fanboy. I'm SO unbelievably happy with how mental this song is. It's shit, I acknowledge that, but it's shit in a good way. I don't think non-muse fans quite understand this love for the absurd and bombastic.

People keep mentioning the intro being disney like but isn't that Rachmaninov?.

Though I recognised it initially from the song All By Myself which is played in Bridget Jones when she thinks she will end up dying alone and being eaten by Alsatians. :LOL:

Deleted my original post to +1 this!

Though as someone early mentioned, how freakin' awesome/surreal it would be to have Elton John on the piano for this?!

I'm still acting like such a fanboy. I'm SO unbelievably happy with how mental this song is. It's shit, I acknowledge that, but it's shit in a good way. I don't think non-muse fans quite understand this love for the absurd and bombastic.

So camp it could have it's own float at a Pride event

I think most of the negative feedback somehow derives from the hate for the lyrics, wich are absolutely horrendous. worst lyrics I ever heard. not just muse. but apart from that, i think the song is just absurd brilliance, and that is something we haven't seen from Muse in a while. it's strange, bobmastic and 'wtf?' at the same time. I love it. just give me an instrumental.

and I don't wanna see no elton john who-knows-who-the-fuck playing piano during a Muse performance:mad:

You are such a fanboy! Lol

I just want the instrumental starting after the piano. The rest is bad but not in a good way for me.

Archived