How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Survival, on a scale of 1-5?

• Poor - What is this shite?
    • Fair - Well, it's tolerable, but I'll skip it a lot.
    • Good - Decent song, some good parts.
    • Very good - Mostly enjoyable, some really great moments, but not perfect.
    • Excellent - Holy crap, I love it. I had to change my pants.

Fuck all you part-time fans. Muse have been my favourite band since 2000 and they just get better. I don't want another Muscle Museum. We already have that. I want more Muse, not less Muse. I don't want them to calm it down to appease these brain-dead kids who want Muse to stick to the safe, radio friendly unit shifting boredom of uprising, starlight or undisclosed desires. GO BIG OR GO HOME. Get off the band wagon cos Twilight is over.

:eek:

EDIT: Wait, wait, wait. So THIS is more Muse?

Fuck all you part-time fans. Muse have been my favourite band since 2000 and they just get better. I don't want another Muscle Museum. We already have that. I want more Muse, not less Muse. I don't want them to calm it down to appease these brain-dead kids who want Muse to stick to the safe, radio friendly unit shifting boredom of uprising, starlight or undisclosed desires. GO BIG OR GO HOME. Get off the band wagon cos Twilight is over.

What the fuck are you on about :LOL: No one wants them to do more songs like that, no one in here has said anything like that. In fact, the only main complaint people have with this song is the bit that sounds the most 'poppy' and radio-friendly (and the lyrics).

doggie.gif

When I started to listen to it...I was like this :stunned: "good lord no. NO." but around 2:30 minutes I think when he 'screams' and the guitar part starts.... I really really liked it, then the cheesy lyrics come back again..but when he goes all high again with guitars... :awesome: I wouldn't mind the rest of the album being like that

I think my hate is from the lyrics. They really are awful.

The structure seems really weird to me. Maybe someone more musically knowledgeable would disagree but it seems all over the place. Maybe I wasn't expecting such a progressive song with no real chorus/verse structure.

But the lyrics. They don't make any sense. "I will forgive, I'll have my vengeance"? what.

And they're so unimaginative. What are the Olympics about, uh, being good at things. Really good. Winning even. Let's write a song about winning. And being really good at things. And showing people that I'm winning. And that you're better than other people.

Why couldn't it have been about the struggles so many olympians and paralympians go though to get where they are? About the people who win and those who don't? They award other medals than gold, Matt. Maybe about the symbolism of the events? It just seems like a really shallow interpretation of what the happens at the olympics.

Otherwise it's alright.

Archived