2012 Arena Tour Stage Design

Azzy_p

The R&L and Resistance festival stage was great, I love stages that are a continuity of the album artwork. They're simple but have potential to still look really nice and are a constant reminder of what you're there to see. I didn't mind the towers but I don't think they had quite the same effect.

Guest Batman.

I really don't want anything that they can use as an excuse for shite setlists!

However I really am expecting something massive, considering ticket prices. Jet-packs, 6 hour sets, and sharks with lasers and shit

You know you've hit the rock big league when sharks with fricking laser beams are part of your stage show.

Anything less is now a disappointment.

but even still its the content we appreciate first, as well as the presentation..

bigger harder setlists.. and hammer that final nail in 'feeling good' ffs.. or do the drunk version of it instead :D

every time i buy a muse ticket, i secretly wish that they will play with a string orchestra. matt got a stonk on himself talking about how strings go well with piano on the making of absolution so I think one day it will happen. I know it happened at their Children in Need performance and it was awesome then! I think around that time they took a few strings on TV like Jools Holland too. Do it. Dooo it.

H2) The UK arena's that have been chosen I've noticed are (I believe) the largest arena's in the UK, do you think they just want more people or do they need extra stage space?

Stage space in what way? Height, Width? Depth?

The Resitance tour needed tall arenas, some of the smaller European arena's suffered in the early leg of the tour, but the modular stage allowed for the upper tower to be lowered/removed.

I don't mind the mind the idea of round stages with crowd's behind them, but very few arena's actually support that configuration. It was the American Hockey/Basketball arenas that took advantage of the rear seating very well. IE MSG.

In some ways it was a simpler design that the BHAR tour, which was an absolute mess of random ideas. At least it was clean.

It should be clean, visual and work to a theme, whatever world illumanti theme it may be this time around.

The cleanest visuals and theme of a Muse show I've seen was easily R&L last year. But we were all expecting that as it was the anniversary of an album. The only one slightly out-of-place was Feeling Good, but that's cos they got lazy and rehashed the blooming flowers and buzzing bees :LOL:.

No reason why they couldn't do something thematic and seamless for an album tour too, though. I think they need to tone it down a bit, but I have a feeling Matt's keen to up the ante with each tour. It'll work better at festivals and big shows, but not for general arena tours. Just a couple of screens with some funky artwork and graphics will be fine with me. No towers, pls :p.

In all honesty, though, as long as they play the songs to the same high standard I'm not fussed. The visuals are just an added bonus, it's not a requirement.

i thought the towers were pretty damn cool! tho its always nice to see a different stage setup.

i like how it has always been different like from BH&R tour, then HAARP. then they went one up with the towers, toned it down for festivals, then seeing them at Wembley with the whole 1984 stimulus, and with L/R they did it so well!

so for this, they have to be extravagant, its Muse! haha

but i hope they don't go too far, as long as its a great performance (obviously it will be), give a good view to everyone no matter where you are, big screens so you can see close ups, and cool background visuals. regardless, CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Archived