2012 Arena Tour Stage Design

Azzy_p

I hope Adriatic Arena, the show I'm going to, is not too big... i wanna be in first row and I wanna see them, a few meters from me... not on top of giant towers or upside down pyramids... terrific ok, but I paid to see them, not their ego lol

anyway guys... I wasn't pretty sure of myself to open a new thread so I ask here: is it confirmed that Muse will be playing in italy (torino and rome for sure?)

If yes, I got to stay connected every second in order to get the ticket lol

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/66278#13

Discussing the band's plans for their forthcoming tour dates, meanwhile, he revealed: "We have a symbolic upside-down pyramid suspended over us as we play. It will screen videos and images that relate to the songs. At some point, the pyramid will turn inside out and consume Dom 's drum kit. Then Dom becomes a ninja who starts battling with corrupt businessmen… I'm serious. That's not a joke."

has anyone heard anything concrete about the set design? i don't have tickets for the tour but i have just noticed that there are some on sale at manchester entitled 'rear view'.. so they are totally behind the stage. i don't see how this could work unless the set is like U2's 360 thing..? what do you think?

Hi from Spain, sorry for my english

I have just purchased a pair of tickets, and they are rear seats behind the stage, maybe there will be a circular stage in the centre of the arena, but the standard map of the webpage that sell the tickets only show the classical image of a stage and the rest of arena in front of that...

has anyone heard anything concrete about the set design? i don't have tickets for the tour but i have just noticed that there are some on sale at manchester entitled 'rear view'.. so they are totally behind the stage. i don't see how this could work unless the set is like U2's 360 thing..? what do you think?

They had rear view for those arenas which could on TR tour. With the towers you were able to see through them, with visuals on all sides. They also set up a mic for Matt facing the rear.

I imagine the new stage would be something similar, a sort of circular stage to one end of the arena, with this pyramid thing above them with visuals on all sides

"On a vast sound stage in west London, a huge floating pyramid shimmering with mind-melting LED visuals inverts itself by some silent hydraulic system until it is hovering upside down over a drum kit. “It should gradually consume the band until we disappear inside,” suggests the skinny figure of guitarist Matt Bellamy, watching the first full test-run of a new stage set from the floor."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/9585030/Muse-on-The-2nd-Law-Were-not-the-full-robot.-Were-kind-of-cyborgy.html

Sounds amazing (and a bit weird, the part where the pyramid 'inverts itself'' ?). Just wondering how is the view gonna to be from the nearest block at the side of the stage. Will the pyramid somehow block the view to the other side (Matt's side in my case)?

Well, in any case, so exited to see them live again! Managed to get the tix to the o2 27th and Helsinki.

And hello everybody, btw :) I'm new to the board..

"On a vast sound stage in west London, a huge floating pyramid shimmering with mind-melting LED visuals inverts itself by some silent hydraulic system until it is hovering upside down over a drum kit. “It should gradually consume the band until we disappear inside,” suggests the skinny figure of guitarist Matt Bellamy, watching the first full test-run of a new stage set from the floor."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/9585030/Muse-on-The-2nd-Law-Were-not-the-full-robot.-Were-kind-of-cyborgy.html

Sounds amazing (and a bit weird, the part where the pyramid 'inverts itself'' ?). Just wondering how is the view gonna to be from the nearest block at the side of the stage. Will the pyramid somehow block the view to the other side (Matt's side in my case)?

Well, in any case, so exited to see them live again! Managed to get the tix to the o2 27th and Helsinki.

And hello everybody, btw :) I'm new to the board..

Sounds epic, and hello! :D

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/66278#13

Discussing the band's plans for their forthcoming tour dates, meanwhile, he revealed: "We have a symbolic upside-down pyramid suspended over us as we play. It will screen videos and images that relate to the songs. At some point, the pyramid will turn inside out and consume Dom 's drum kit. Then Dom becomes a ninja who starts battling with corrupt businessmen… I'm serious. That's not a joke."

I'm dying XD This is brilliant

Archived