2012 Arena Tour Stage Design

Azzy_p

Hey, I've made this thread to discuss the stage design (set) for the upcoming UK/Euro Arena Tour! I don't think this thread exists at the moment, I certainly can't find it if it does.

I have a couple points about the new stage...

1) The ticket prices are especially pricey this time round, this could be due to a number of things, but what if it's to pay for a rather expensive and impressive stage setup?

2) The UK arena's that have been chosen I've noticed are (I believe) the largest arena's in the UK, do you think they just want more people or do they need extra stage space?

What do you guys think?

Absolutely agree, just throwing thoughts out there :p

Yeah, the big screen at reading worked well, especially during New Born, I remember getting goosebumps when the riff started and the background turned blue and starting flying forwards.. wow!

As long as they don't have those tall towers like last time. Everything else is fine by me.

I don't think Matt or Chris would want the towers again.. It worked reasonably okay, except for the odd guitar falling off the stage..

Wouldn't be keen for a 360 degree design tbh..

Consensus seems to be something akin to Reading/Leeds 2011, a giant screen in the background and maybe some minimalist stuff in the foreground.

Yeah, I think that would be the most solid stage setup they could come up with

Hopefully they will end up with something that both looks fucking fantastic and doesn't take away from the performance in any way, but rather compliments it

:awesome: a huge red scary robot face during Unsustainable would be amazing

Some robot visuals like in the trailer would be great!

I doubt they'll use such a simple set-up - muse always like to go one better for every succeeding tour.

For the record I thought the towers were an excellent idea. Maybe the only downside is that they seated people 'behind' the stage.

I doubt the ticket price increase has anything to do with the stage design, I can't see them doing something more expensive than the towers. More likely (hopefully) it's for longer setlists.

I'm praying they listened for once and see that people liked the fairly simplistic set-up at L/R. Hell, something like the '06 arena tour would be great. There's really no need to have any towers or eyeballs above the stage. It's the music and performance that matters most, don't put things in the way to distract us from that. Simplistic set-ups (like L/R) work so well because they enhance without distracting from the music or performance.

But, of course, we can expect huge, unnecessary stages and shiny glitter suits again, possibly even a huge robot like the one from the trailer?

ticket prices would always be higher than in 2009 if only because of inflation.

production costs are guaranteed not to be the same as they were in 2009. take salaries, for example. i doubt that people who are working for the band now earn the same they did back in 2009.

in regards to the stage, Reading was brilliant, so effective. i wouln't mind having something like that again.

I shall now respond with gifs:

tumblr_m1ggi5g1qi1r9c0lq.gif

:awesome: a huge red scary robot face during Unsustainable would be amazing

I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT.jpg

I doubt the ticket price increase has anything to do with the stage design, I can't see them doing something more expensive than the towers. More likely (hopefully) it's for longer setlists.

tumblr_lg890woJit1qdtou3.gif

But, of course, we can expect huge, unnecessary stages and shiny glitter suits again, possibly even a huge robot like the one from the trailer?

tumblr_m3s4gobcbl1qds29uo4_250.gif

I'm not sure what to expect.

I like the idea of something a bit more stripped down, kinda like the Reading/Leeds set, but I also think they have something spectacular that tops the towers and looks really good. Double points if they can combine the two - a stripped down show that turns spectacular.

Either way given the amount of time off they've given themselves over the tour they could play a longer show than we got in 09 (or even 2010 at Wembley).

I'm hoping for something akin to the hexagons/R&L.

Big screens, lots of lights, nothing too flashy/gimmicky.

Tbh, the towers setup was visually stunning. I wouldn't mind if they did that again but dropped the nonsense excuse for having such a restricted setup.

Oh, and if they're gonna play New Born, Matt better be on the piano.

Tbh, the towers setup was visually stunning. I wouldn't mind if they did that again but dropped the nonsense excuse for having such a restricted setup.

This.

Guest Batman.

This is the only thing that matters.

Guest Batman.
What if they have an orchestra and that's why the tickets cost so much.

Tim Minchin performed with an orchestra last year and he still only charged 30ish. And he had fancy lights and a fucking massive disco ball :LOL:

Archived