Which Bands Are Ruined By Their Frontmen?

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=1&title=which_bands_are_ruined_by_their_frontmen&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=frontmenblog

I mean the frontmen who invoke such white-hot fury in you that it hinders any potential enjoyment of the rest of their wares. Personally – and I’m aware some within these walls will deem it heresy – I’ve never been able to really get into The Who, and I attribute that purely down to Roger Daltrey. It matters not how good a guitarist Pete Townshend is, or that Keith Moon bangs his drums with all the might of a vengeful Norse God: as soon as I hear Daltrey’s awful howling- which, to me, is akin to a bellowed, full-frontal assault on the earlobes – my blood runs cold.

The same, too, goes for Muse: they’re so bombastic, so overblown, that I often think they’d be quite fun if they were fronted by a more flamboyant figure. But Matt Bellamy’s po-faced mewing renders them completely dull to these ears: music that’s undoubtedly grandly assembled, but lacking in anything remotely human.

Worse than Muse wanting to be Queen are those who want Matt to be Freddie. Meh.

Edited by Bells

• 2 weeks later...

Muse play 'Follow Me' with choir of people with dementia to raise awareness – listen

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/67805

:happy:

But...

Earlier this month, the trio announced that they are to headline Rock In Rio next September. Muse will be supported at the bash in Rio de Janeiro on September 14, 2013 by Alice In Chains.

No, they won't. We still don't know who will support Muse.

Edited by Bells