September 30 2012: Muse's Dom Howard: 'We gave Chris Wolstenholme an ultimatum to quit drinking'

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/66386

Muse potentially could have been over :'( Glad Chris got sorted, though.

In other news, shock and horror at the first NME article I've read about Muse that's entirely factually accurate :pope::LOL:

Well, they took info from the Guardian interview :LOL: it's what NME usually does.

Well, they took info from the Guardian interview :LOL: it's what NME usually does.

I have no idea! :LOL:

Yeah, that's what I was going to say: they had a great source to steal from. :yesey:

True :LOL: I was thinking it's most likely cos it was stolen from somewhere else as per usual, lol.

They said it was The Observer in the article, but that might well be the bit of factual inaccuracy I missed! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MUSE TICKET VOW

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/278551/Muse-ticket-vow/

MUSE reckon fellow stadium rockers The Rolling Stones are taking the mick with steep ticket prices for their 50th anniversary shows.

Speaking at the Q Awards, bassist Christopher Wolstenholme, 33, told me: "We've always tried to keep prices as low as we can so people can come and watch us.

"What's reasonable for one person isn't reasonable to another, but there really is only so much money a band needs."

In fact, Muse are more than willing to show their fans a good time at their own expense.

Christopher, 33, revealed: "It's important to make some money but we don't always break even because the most important thing is to go out and play live.

"We could earn more if we wanted to by cutting production costs, but it's not about that."

The Devon trio certainly haven't skimped on their latest tour, which hits the UK later this week.

Muse have pulled out all the stops with a floating triangular lighting rig that engulfs their impressive stage.

Sci-fi lover and drummer Dom Howard, 34, joked: "Now is the fun part touring.

"Last tour we got taken away by alien spacecraft on stage.

"This year we get eaten by aliens, quite literally."

Appropriately, the band picked up Best Act In The World at the Q awards.

Matt Bellamy said: "It's a massive honour to get an award from Q."

Muse kick off in Glasgow tomorrow.

Dunno if this is the right place to put it, but my mum's workmate saw Matt in my town, Borehamwood (Most people say it's Elstree- IT ISN'T!)... Which would probably mean they're filimg something, probably for the BBC. Last time a member of Muse was spotted here was when I saw Dom in Tesco buying cheese... They were filming Top Of The Pops Christmas.

So, they might be filming something like that. If anyone knows why the band (or maybe just Matt) was in Borehamwood, could you let me know please? Thanks!

:)

Dunno if this is the right place to put it, but my mum's workmate saw Matt in my town, Borehamwood (Most people say it's Elstree- IT ISN'T!)... Which would probably mean they're filimg something, probably for the BBC. Last time a member of Muse was spotted here was when I saw Dom in Tesco buying cheese... They were filming Top Of The Pops Christmas.

So, they might be filming something like that. If anyone knows why the band (or maybe just Matt) was in Borehamwood, could you let me know please? Thanks!

:)

Isn't there a BBC Radio 2 show tomorrow or something?

http://news.qthemusic.com/2012/10/qa_muses_matt_bellamy_on_the_l.html

Q&A with Matt on Q, surprised this wasn't posted if it has, sorry :p (also didn't see the point in starting a new thread for it)

This is interesting actually. I think an edited version has been posted before, but I don't remember reading some of article before. It possibly could have a separate thread.

Encouraged me to do a little bit of my own investigation into the ideas of Tesla. There appear to be quite a few conspiracy theories on the suppression of his ideas for providing free energy, because of the effect it would have on the economy, which might be what sparked Matt's interest, but it seems (from admittedly reading only one academic journal that touched on Tesla) that a method has not been found yet to provide wireless energy without danger and health issues which figures.

I'm interested in the philosophical angle though, the idea that natural resources cannot be owned, which also connects to the idea of scarce resources being political, an idea maintained to sustain capitalism, but then, I think, that conflicts with the theme of The 2nd Law.

Edited by CarrieB

• 2 weeks later...