• 3 weeks later...

Couple of tidbits from Finnish music magazine Sue interview (which is mostly same old, same old):

-journalist says Save me is sung in a very Brian Wilson-esque way, Matt says Chris's biggest musical idol is probably Brian Wilson

-Animals ends with the sound of the stock market and stock brokers

-(thematically),Explorers is about how it it is to live on a planet where natural resources are about to run out, where as 2nd law, parts 1 and 2 is about the scientific reasons why these things happen

-there are "more than ever solos, including guitar solos" on the album

-Matt is embarrased to be called a good guitarist, therefore he wanted to do some interesting things on the album. His favourite [guitar-wise] are the parts of Animals done in an improvised way, with a clean sound, among the singing (weird phrasing, I know). He also likes Madness's guitar synths and there are also good parts on Supremacy.

-there's a huge Bono moment on Follow me (according to the journalist, which makes Matt laugh, confirms U2 influence, Achtung Baby in particular)

-Matt would like to do movie soundtrack music, but there isn't enough time. It would mean taking a long break from Muse. He thinks making a movie soundtrack is probably a lot harder than making a [rock] album

-Matt recently bought an electric car (which apparently cost £110 000)

-Matt was once denied entry to a plane because he made a bad joke when his bags were being inspected

-When Matt travels to the US, he is almost always pulled to special inspection in the interrigation room (which apparently has to do with him losing his passport in 2007)

-arena tour will be a lot more stripped back than the last time, with a lot of video projections. They are possibly planning a hanging upside down pyramide structure which would when inverted would convert to a kind of a Japanese temple, functioning as a video screen. Outdoor gigs would have something more spectacular.

Sue interview can be read online at their website, btw, Finns:

http://www.lehtiluukku.fi/pub?id=21279

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/66278

Good to know that 9/11 wasn't done by the Gov.

Also so excited for "Discussing the band's plans for their forthcoming tour dates, meanwhile, he revealed: "We have a symbolic upside-down pyramid suspended over us as we play. It will screen videos and images that relate to the songs. At some point, the pyramid will turn inside out and consume Dom 's drum kit. Then Dom becomes a ninja who starts battling with corrupt businessmen… I'm serious. That's not a joke."

This is awesome!

Also so excited for "Discussing the band's plans for their forthcoming tour dates, meanwhile, he revealed: "We have a symbolic upside-down pyramid suspended over us as we play. It will screen videos and images that relate to the songs. At some point, the pyramid will turn inside out and consume Dom 's drum kit. Then Dom becomes a ninja who starts battling with corrupt businessmen… I'm serious. That's not a joke."

This is awesome!

I dunno how I feel about the stage setup. I'll have to see it before I make heads or tails of it. :erm:

This is awesome!

:LOL:

Of course he would. Gotta get that citizenship Matt!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19699744

"On stage we're going to have these huge upside-down pyramid which can turn itself inside out," says Howard. "It represents the power hierarchy turned on its head."

He also promises "dancing aliens", and another swipe at bankers.

"I'm going to do some kung fu and fend off some businessmen, who are losing their minds as they realise they've lost everyone's money."

:stunned: Still not warming up to this whole idea.

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/66299

Muse want new track 'Supremacy' to be James Bond 'Skyfall' theme

Muse drummer Dom Howard has declared that their new track 'Supremacy' should be used as the theme for the next James Bond film Skyfall.

After much speculation, it was confirmed earlier this month (September 17) that Adele would be providing the official song for the next 007 flick but, in an interview with the BBC, Howard suggested that their cut from forthcoming new album 'The 2nd Law' would make an equally appropriate Bond anthem.

Discussing the song, he said:

It's got a little whisper to the Bond vibe – it all goes a bit crazy 'Live And Let Die' in the middle. My view is they should use it for the next James Bond film, but I don't know what's going on with that. I heard Adele was doing it.

Speaking about 'The 2nd Law', meanwhile, the drummer said: "We wanted to give every track its own character and touch on new ideas and break a little bit of new musical ground for the band as well,"

The 2nd Law' is released on October 1 in the UK and October 2 in the US. It includes new singles 'Madness' and 'Survival' as well as dubstep-influenced track 'The 2nd Law: Unsustainable'. The 13-track album is the follow-up to 2009's 'The Resistance' and has been recorded in London.

The Devon trio will also tour the UK in October, playing five shows. The gigs begin at Glasgow's SECC on October 24, before the band move onto London's O2 Arena for two shows on October 26 and 27. They then play Birmingham LG Arena on October 30 before finishing up at Manchester Arena on November 1.

The band will also play the iTunes Festival this month, headlining London's Roundhouse on September 30.

It's sounding more and more like a show rather than a gig.

Hoping it's just for a song or two, I'd like to see them just perform the music.

Also, sounds to me like they felt the TR arena tour was way too much so they want to scale down a little bit.