http://www.contactmusic.com/news/muse-olympic-song-about-end-of-the-world_3390744

Muse frontman Matt Bellamy was surprised their song 'Survival' was selected as the official track of the London 2012 Olympics, as its lyrics are about the end of the world.

Muse's Olympic track was about the end of the world.

The band recorded the official anthem for the London 2012 Olympics this summer, but frontman Matt Bellamy admits their song 'Survival' may not have been as appropriate for the occasion as many thought, due to its subject matter.

The singer, 34, said: ''Now it's all over, we can say that the song was really written more about survivalists. There was this TV show called '[Doomsday] Preppers', which was all about these crazy survivalists who think the world is gonna end.

''The song is basically about that. So I was just making a comment that I was as surprised as everybody else when the song got selected for the Olympics.''

I've never seen the show. Remember seeing the adverts earlier in the year.

I'm really turned off by all these "reality" shows that are completely faked (Pawn Stars, House Hunters, etc) but maybe I'll give this one a go now. :LOL:

I'm kind of going OT with this post, but I like it because it takes the plans that preppers have in place and grades their potential to survive an actual crisis. Some plans are so outrageously stupid, while others have some pretty decent ideas. And it's on NatGeo, so it's a little more informational than most other reality junk out there. I like that show, Taboo, and Idiot Abroad on the Science Channel. That about sums up my reality TV consumption. :yesey:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/doomsday-preppers

That headline is not dramatic at all! :rolleyes::LOL:

Muse Tour Canceled After Matthew Bellamy Injury

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/30/muse-tour-canceled_n_2219585.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

Muse is apologizing to fans after the band was forced to cancel several European shows following an injury to lead singer Matthew Bellamy.

The band posted a statement on its website explaining the cancellations, which affect shows in Stockholm, Malmo and Oslo reports MTV News.

"We're very sorry to have to announce that Muse's forthcoming shows in Oslo, Stockholm and Malmo have been cancelled as Matt has broken two bones in his foot," the band said in the statement. "The band have therefore made the difficult decision to cancel these gigs as they feel that they will not be able to do justice to their live show and the fans who have bought tickets with Matt performing on crutches."

Bellamy tweeted a picture of an X-ray showing his broken appendage on Thursday with the caption, "Ouch! Broke my foot." The band says it will follow Matt's progress "over the next few days."

@MattBellamy

Matt Bellamy

Ouch! Broke my foot... http://t.co/k0I5XzVP

November 29, 2012 7:13 pm via Camera on iOS Reply Retweet Favorite

In another tweet to fan OsaroZeta who inquired, "how did that happen???" Bellamy replied, "I was running barefoot and slipped - my foot broke the fall on a concrete step!"

@MattBellamy

Matt Bellamy

@OsaroZeta I was running barefoot and slipped - my foot broke the fall on a concrete step!

Refunds will be available for tickets purchased on the affected dates and the remaining shows are currently scheduled to go on as planned.

Bellamy recently grabbed headlines for speaking out to The Daily Star about his disappointment in the lack of acoustic tracks on the band's new album "The 2nd Law."

The band's "The 2nd Law Tour" was largely inspired by the 1980 Pink Floyd "The Wall" tour and kicked off on Oct. 16 in Montpellier, France.

Well shit I've been spelling it wrong all this time.

lol, i think the only ones who really care are teachers in useless little european countries who shout "US or UK, pick one and stick to it" at their students and then spell check using ms word because it's not their native language and they're shit at it. :rolleyes:

lol, i think the only ones who really care are teachers in useless little european countries who shout "US or UK, pick one and stick to it" at their students and then spell check using ms word because it's not their native language and they're shit at it. :rolleyes:

I alternate the spellings of lots of words just out of preference. I like the look of 'canceled' and I've always used 'grey' instead of 'gray.'

they didn't, canceled is the US version.

It is? I've always spelled it with 2 l's, and I'm American.

Actually there's a rule that explains how the suffixes for the past tense/gerund/etc work for verbs that end in consonant-vowel-consonant. The last consonant should be doubled in stressed syllables, and that happens in one-syllable verbs like mob, tag, dig etc and other verbs whose stressed syllable is the last one like permit, occur etc. In essence the last consonant shouldn't be doubled if the stressed syllable in multiple syllable verbs is the first one and the rule still finds it unnacceptable for some like 'listen'. Most of these verbs to which the rule of not doubling the last consonant should be applied (like cancel, travel, focus) have been given optional spellings because... I actually don't know, lol. But yeah, both canceled and cancelled are ok and the latter seems to be predominant in the uk, but they don't own that spelling. Neither of the countries does. And I'm sure no one read this.

And now back on topic:

This is silly but some of these are interesting

http://www.nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=147&title=matt_bellamy_quotes_waiting_for_credits&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Edited by Bells