Cheers, do you know who reviewed it? Mark Beaumont by any chance? Honestly thought they would give it about 3/10.

It was Dan Martin, who I think gave Absolution 9/10. Although weirdly in parts it reads like a lower review, not least when Survival is concerned, and The Resistance gets it in the neck as an "unintentional retelling of the story of Icarus when they became victims of their own ambition".

A few quotes from a backstage interview from the Cologne gig at the front of the mag:

You didn't play New Born tonight. Why not?

Matt: It was the first gig and we were just playing a shorter set so we had to cut stuff. On the real tour I think it'll be a toss-up between Stockholm Syndrome and New Born on a nightly basis.

Were you vibing off the new stuff?

Matt: Based on tonight, I think this album will translate live better than the last album did. Last album, the biggest tracks were Resistance and Uprising but songs like Supremacy, Panic Station and Survival really adapt to the live show. We haven't been to that last realm before.

Dom: The new stuff went down well. And we were nervous of course. For the first gig back, you're like "Fucking hell, how do we do this again?" but then we just relax into it, settle in, and you look forward to the next one.

Chris, what's that weird pad on your bass guitar that you use when you play Madness?

Chris: It's a synth and it's called a kitara. It's a bit of a bitch to use, actually. My double-necked thing is custom-made, so it's a bass and a guitar together. It's a toy really, a Guitar Hero thing. It looks fucking cool, that's the main thing.

Was it scary doing the lead vocal on Save Me for the first time?

Chris: I thought it was fucking awful but everyone else keeps telling me it was great. I was chatting with Matt afterwards and saying it was weird because it's something I'd never experienced before and when you're singing you feel real detached from the other guys. I wasn't ready for that.

What new tunes did you not play tonight that you will eventually play?

Chris: Explorers is gonna be great, really cool. It's one of the chilled-out ones. And we'll do Liquid State in the arenas. I didn't want to sing that tonight though. I wanted to ease in gently. Your sixth album, when you're 33, is a weird time to decide you suddenly want to be a singer.

I guess the #askmuse thing ended?

-Muscle Museum and Falling Down considered for setlist. I would be psyched but I know it won't happen any way

#askmuse if you were to add a brass section to an existing non brass song what would it be?

@musewiki Stockholm Syndrome M #AskMuse

Oh you.

Stockholm/New Born rotation? Sad but could be worse...e.g. neither.

I never thought I'd see the day of SS being dropped from being played every gig. I feel a bit scared it won't be on my show but considering the years of complains about not enough rotation I'll hold my tongue for greater good.

I never thought I'd see the day of SS being dropped from being played every gig. I feel a bit scared it won't be on my show but considering the years of complains about not enough rotation I'll hold my tongue for greater good.

There were plenty of gigs last tour where SS wasn't played.

Also where did people get this rotation thing?

There were plenty of gigs last tour where SS wasn't played.

Also where did people get this rotation thing?

Matt answered to a guy who asked why New Born wasn't played in Cologne, saying that the gig was too short to play it and that they plan to rotate those two songs every night.

Oh :$ Well, I was kind of burned out on following the fandom/Muse news for a year or so I missed that.

It's ok, it happened a few times but it wasn't that common. The fact they rotated Stockholm Syndrome at all for headlining gigs made me afraid this was going to happen though.

(I thought this headline was strange. :LOL:)

MUSE BASSIST FEELS 'WEIRD' SINGING NEW SONGS

http://www.gigwise.com/news/76605/muse-bassist-feels-weird-singing-new-songs

Chris Wolstenholme takes up vocal duties on two of band's new tracks from The 2nd Law

Muse bassist Chris Wolstenholme has admitted that six albums in is a 'strange time' to start singing in his band.

Wolstenholme, who has been with the band since they released debut album 'Showbiz' in 1999, takes lead vocals on two songs on new album 'The 2nd Law' and has spoken about his decision as well as how it feels to play the songs live.

Chatting to NME,the bass player said: 'It was weird because it's something I've never experienced before, and when you're singing you feel really detached from the other guys. I wasn't ready for that.'

Wolstenholme sings on tracks 'Save Me' and 'Liquid State' on the new album, released next week (Oct 2). However, the group are only playing the former in their current warm up gigs.

'We'll do 'Liquid State' in the arenas. I didn't want to sing that though, I wanted to ease in gently. Your sixth album, when you're 33, is a weird time to decide you suddenly want to be a singer.'

Muse's next UK gig is at London's Roundhouse as part of the iTunes Festival this Sunday (Sept 30). Meanwhile, you can see the band perform new songs on Later... with Jools Holland here: http://www.gigwise.com/news/76583/watch-muse-perform-madness-and-panic-station-on-jools-holland

September 30 2012: Muse's Dom Howard: 'We gave Chris Wolstenholme an ultimatum to quit drinking'

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/66386

Muse potentially could have been over :'( Glad Chris got sorted, though.

In other news, shock and horror at the first NME article I've read about Muse that's entirely factually accurate :pope::LOL: