Soooo...anyone want to impart some Lolla wisdom? Or just some big outdoor music festival wisdom? I have never been to something this huge...ever...never... :eek:

Don't be stupid, bring a backpack or at least some sort of bag. Bring in two SEALED water bottles, they have refill stations for free water (lines get long though!).

Other things for your pack:

- Sunscreen

- Hat

- Sunglasses

- Towel, blanket, something to sit on (no chairs, but Crazy Creeks are fine); this will get really gross, last year I just brought hotel ones with me each day :p

- Baby wipes

- Roll of toilet paper (trust me on these last two)

- Cash along with a credit card

- Mini fans are handy, like what they have at Disney world

- SNEAKERS. You're an idiot for wearing flip flops. At least do Tevas are something.

- Poncho. It could rain, did last year.

- Digital camera (not an SLR; you may be able to get it in but it depends if it's worth it for you)

You can't bring in food, but this is the benefit of a backpack. I am always able to easily sneak in crackers and granola bars and such to last me a day at the barrier. There's food in there of course, but it's expensive and you don't always have the time (or aren't nearby)!

Keep in mind, Grant Park is HUGE. If you're planning on running to the barrier, keep in mind it's far from the gate. Will be like a 15 minute walk.

You won't be able to queue at the gate to get in early in the morning, they won't let you. Gates open at 10am I believe, though. You'll hear the Star Wars music.

Can't think of much else to say. It's a blast and I usually try to catch as many acts as possible. There's also lots of cool stuff around, like the hammock areas and the Playstation tent (they usually have free stuff like mats, sunglasses, and I won sidestage passes from them next year!). Feel free to PM me with questions. :)

EDIT: I'm going to put this on the first page.

Good advice! I've seen much of the same on the Coachella forums, although obviously they deal with the desert as well.

Is it safe to assume that

a - Muse will be playing at the southernmost stage, and

b - the best entrance for those running for barrier is the main entrance?

I'm going off the 2010 map.

2010_lolla_map_big.png

Main entrance yeah

how about the print at home pass? i know you have to take that to get your wrist band but where do you get it? how early does it open?

Not sure. Last year they had wristband pickup near the main gates and they have certain times for it. Morning before definitely, though I know I picked mine up Thursday afternoon. They'll announce that all soon enough.

Don't be stupid, bring a backpack or at least some sort of bag. Bring in two SEALED water bottles, they have refill stations for free water (lines get long though!).

Other things for your pack:

- Sunscreen

- Hat

- Sunglasses

- Towel, blanket, something to sit on (no chairs, but Crazy Creeks are fine); this will get really gross, last year I just brought hotel ones with me each day :p

- Baby wipes

- Roll of toilet paper (trust me on these last two)

- Cash along with a credit card

- Mini fans are handy, like what they have at Disney world

- SNEAKERS. You're an idiot for wearing flip flops. At least do Tevas are something.

- Poncho. It could rain, did last year.

- Digital camera (not an SLR; you may be able to get it in but it depends if it's worth it for you)

You can't bring in food, but this is the benefit of a backpack. I am always able to easily sneak in crackers and granola bars and such to last me a day at the barrier. There's food in there of course, but it's expensive and you don't always have the time (or aren't nearby)!

Keep in mind, Grant Park is HUGE. If you're planning on running to the barrier, keep in mind it's far from the gate. Will be like a 15 minute walk.

You won't be able to queue at the gate to get in early in the morning, they won't let you. Gates open at 10am I believe, though. You'll hear the Star Wars music.

Can't think of much else to say. It's a blast and I usually try to catch as many acts as possible. There's also lots of cool stuff around, like the hammock areas and the Playstation tent (they usually have free stuff like mats, sunglasses, and I won sidestage passes from them next year!). Feel free to PM me with questions. :)

EDIT: I'm going to put this on the first page.

Awesome info.. even though I'm not going! :LOL: Still, good tips for any fest. Thanks!

Why the need for baby wipes?

I'm not trying to sound rude, but there are a lot of uses for those things.

Do I really need to go into all the festival usages of baby wipes? Because I will.

- Wiping down seating in the food areas

- Wiping off portapotty seats

- Wiping your ass when the portapotties run out of toilet paper, also bring toilet paper roll doubles as tissues (my trick is to use the handicapped toilets, more spacious!)

- Cleaning your hands, no need for hand sanitizer

- Wiping mud off if it rains

- At a camping fest, sometimes these are your only option to "shower": TRUTH

I could probably continue if necessary.

It's all true. Be practical with the baggage you are bringing too. Something secure and and durable. Small back packs are usually a good idea because they won;t get too pull around, they're not easy to steal from, and you can lock them if necessary when you're in the crowd, and they respond fairly well to being crushed if you're going for barrier.

BRING PAIN KILLERS!

It's easy to get a headache or something that can ruin your enjoyment and if you can find any painkillers for sale they'll probably cost a lot. Bring paracetamol and ibuprofen in a bag.

Bring snack food if you have dietary concerns. Don't expect there to be a wide range of vegetarian or wheat free foods available for example. There probably will, but it might not always be convenient.

Do I really need to go into all the festival usages of baby wipes? Because I will.

- Wiping down seating in the food areas

- Wiping off portapotty seats

- Wiping your ass when the portapotties run out of toilet paper, also bring toilet paper roll doubles as tissues (my trick is to use the handicapped toilets, more spacious!)

- Cleaning your hands, no need for hand sanitizer

- Wiping mud off if it rains

- At a camping fest, sometimes these are your only option to "shower": TRUTH

I could probably continue if necessary.

Awesome tips! I'm already excited about the festival and now to add Outside Lands to the mix, can't wait for Thursday!

Archived