Good to know it's official.

I'm not going. I've got Outside Lands and Reading/Leeds to look forward to. I'm also entertaining the possibility of going to L.A. for that Rage + Muse show.

Though I will watch Muse on a Lolla stream (if there is one). :)

Trust me, if I could go to that trio show with Muse, I wouldn't miss it for the world!

And please, if there is a Lolla stream, everybody bomb this thread with it, so its impossible for me to miss it! I wanna see it!

Damn, this trip looks like it would cost me a ton. $200 for the Lolla ticket... $230 for the hostel... Airline tickets from Tampa to Chicago just went up from $230 to $300... That's over $700, not including other expenses I'll run into. How do people afford this stuff? Is there a cheaper way I'm missing?

Damn, this trip looks like it would cost me a ton. $200 for the Lolla ticket... $230 for the hostel... Airline tickets from Tampa to Chicago just went up from $230 to $300... That's over $700, not including other expenses I'll run into. How do people afford this stuff? Is there a cheaper way I'm missing?

Sounds like hostel prices have gone up since I booked mine, but yeah, this trip is gonna cost a ton for me, too. But this is serving as a graduation gift from my parents, so I lucked out! Otherwise, there's no way I'd be able to afford it!

I'm always scratching my head asking the same thing, though. Like all the American fans who fly to the UK for gigs. Plane tickets alone are like $1000! How do people find the money for this?? :confused:

Whoa, another Florida Muser! Hi!

Sounds like hostel prices have gone up since I booked mine, but yeah, this trip is gonna cost a ton for me, too. But this is serving as a graduation gift from my parents, so I lucked out! Otherwise, there's no way I'd be able to afford it!

I'm always scratching my head asking the same thing, though. Like all the American fans who fly to the UK for gigs. Plane tickets alone are like $1000! How do people find the money for this?? :confused:

This. I considered scrapping my Lolla trip for Reading/Leeds after they announced they'd be playing OoS, but the plane ticket alone was more than my entire Chicago trip. And I'm staying for 8 days! I can only do this because I used my tax return and am trying to scrimp, and I bought my plane ticket early. It was barely $200 from Orlando to Chicago back in February. It's expensive to be a Muse fan. :p

Also, 3 days until the lineup is announced! :dance::party:

Play the air miles game. Get a travel rewards credit card that builds up points toward free flights, like Chase Sapphire or that PenFed travel rewards Amex. If you use credit cards at all and the idea of getting free flights appeals to you, it's a no-brainer; you accrue points with every purchase without having to think about it. I got a free round-trip flight to South America last year, and I might have enough points for a free flight to Lolla or Outside Lands this year. ... But I'm curious about how some of the other Musers manage to go to so many gigs across the country (and the world).

My first international trip for muse was in 09 in France I scrimped and save for months I barely had enough saved but the gig ticket and a few other things like trains from london to france were paid off so I had no choice but to go I borrowed $ from the folks but one thing was yet to be booked THE FLIGHT I was waiting for a month for my financial aid to come in and it finally did.......the day before I had to leave.

STRESSFUL! I will never do that again! If I know I won't have the funds a month before the trip I won't even try.

Last year I went to wembley and it was much better planning on my part I had a job so I started planning in january? I think so a couple months before wembley I had the majority of the trip paid for cept hostel which was due on arrival and the bus to tinmuff/exeter but no stress(well not as much stress) planning that trip.

But now I'm planning for lolla-osl-the rage/muse gig-and possibly r/l

But I'm not planning or booking anything for r/l till lolla(which is almost paid off) OSL(planning that right now) the rage gig(planning now but need the details)

And I'm doing all this with a babysitting job. It just takes lots and lots and lots of discipline(mainly saving $) and planning my wembley trip cost me about $1,100ish maybe less and I was there for a week.

I'm doing Lolla and Outside Lands for sure, and LA Rising pending details. It'll be my biggest trip for gigs yet, but I probably wouldn't be doing it if it was just Muse playing. The lineups at all three festivals are shaping up to be pretty dope! I also jumped the gun and bought a Sunday day ticket to Reading but I can't afford that trip anymore. An NYC --> LA --> Chicago --> SF --> NYC itinerary is cheaper than round-trip airfare to London!

Oh good, I'm not the only one who checks that CoS list every day. :LOL: Two more days...

Missed my chance to catch White Lies here earlier in the year, but seeing their name in that list gives a bit more spice to my rock options (so far). Along with Bright Eyes, Lykke Li, and others, I'm hoping that I won't have to miss too many great acts on Muse day (unless they play the main stage too), but I've learned and accepted the unlikelihood of seeing every band that interests you at a festival. I'll probably be free to hop around everywhere those other two days.

White Lies...A Perfect Circle...Muse...

Holy crap.

They add Florence and the Machine and anybody from The Mars Volta and it's officially all my favorites. I wonder if she'll go on Sunday. She's in Michigan on the 6th...

I can't find that date. Do you have a link? If that's true, I'd say it's very likely :D

Who does everyone want to see with the rumoured lineup so far?

For me it's Muse, Cold War Kids, The Kills, Ratatat, Sleigh Bells, White Lies, DOM, Tennis, Cage The Elephant, Lykke Li, Crystal Castles, The Smith Westerns, Arctic Monkeys, The Vaccines, Cults, The Foos, and maybe Kid Cudi.... Hopefully the scheduling all works out nicely. *fingers crossed*

Archived