Do I really need to go into all the festival usages of baby wipes? Because I will.

- Wiping down seating in the food areas

- Wiping off portapotty seats

- Wiping your ass when the portapotties run out of toilet paper, also bring toilet paper roll doubles as tissues (my trick is to use the handicapped toilets, more spacious!)

- Cleaning your hands, no need for hand sanitizer

- Wiping mud off if it rains

- At a camping fest, sometimes these are your only option to "shower": TRUTH

I could probably continue if necessary.

Got all of them except for the shower one... not exactly what I'd like to end up using them for...

from the Lolla site: "A limited number of Single Day tickets will be available for sale when the dates/times that each artist is playing is announced. Now that you know the what, when and where, it's time to throw down your plastic." so I guess they'll go on sale April 26th? lol I don't think ANYONE besides me is buying a 1 day ticket. :chuckle:

from the Lolla site: "A limited number of Single Day tickets will be available for sale when the dates/times that each artist is playing is announced. Now that you know the what, when and where, it's time to throw down your plastic." so I guess they'll go on sale April 26th?

Actually, I think the deal is that the lineup (that is, which bands will being playing at the festival) is announced on April 26th, but the actual schedule (that is, what day/time each band plays) isn't announced til later -- probably in June. If that's the case, and if your quote is right, that's when single day tickets would go on sale.

Actually, I think the deal is that the lineup (that is, which bands will being playing at the festival) is announced on April 26th, but the actual schedule (that is, what day/time each band plays) isn't announced til later -- probably in June. If that's the case, and if your quote is right, that's when single day tickets would go on sale.

argh! I want to secure my Lolla ticket nowwwwwww! :'( guess I'll just have to sweat it out a little longer..... I checked the Lolla site 5 FREAKING MINUTES before the 60 dollar 3 day passes went on sale. 5. freaking. minutes. :fear:

argh! I want to secure my Lolla ticket nowwwwwww! :'( guess I'll just have to sweat it out a little longer..... I checked the Lolla site 5 FREAKING MINUTES before the 60 dollar 3 day passes went on sale. 5. freaking. minutes. :fear:

:LOL: yeah i don't envy anyone who is buying a single ticket. those things are gonna FLY.

:LOL: yeah i don't envy anyone who is buying a single ticket. those things are gonna FLY.
I don't understand why they're making it a LIMITED amount of 1 day tickets. I mean, I would assume that they do it because they think that the people who don't get a single day pass will buy a 3 day pass. However that's not the case with me, I can't afford one. :(

Guys, chill. They expanded Lolla in size last year and neither the 3-days or the single days sold out. It'll be fine... Coachella always sells out, Lolla is different. Look at Bonnaroo! Presale sold out crazy fast (because people are paranoid this year after Lolla) but it's not sold out yet and probably won't at all. CHILL.

Well, at Lolla you shouldn't need to because it's not a camping festival. Bonnaroo or Coachella though? Yeah...

I've never had problems using the showers at Coachella. I'm constantly reading reports of people having to stand in lines for "five hours" to take a shower and it literally baffles me why a) you'd even willingly stand in the blazing sun for that long or b) you wouldn't just wake up earlier and immediately shower. I've never had to wait longer than 10 minutes.

I've never had problems using the showers at Coachella. I'm constantly reading reports of people having to stand in lines for "five hours" to take a shower and it literally baffles me why a) you'd even willingly stand in the blazing sun for that long or b) you wouldn't just wake up earlier and immediately shower. I've never had to wait longer than 10 minutes.

Dunno. I haven't done a camping festival myself yet, but this is what I've heard. And if you jam pack your day and need those few hours to sleep you honestly might not have time to shower. :LOL:

If you don't know your Brits by now Haley, you never will!:LOL: How long will you be over here for anyway?

For real. Honestly, I hate American culture, get me outta here! :LOL:

3.5 months! I'll get there right for Reading and be there through mid-December. I am so psyched. I don't know what my internship will be yet or anything like that, but I know the housing for the program is in Kensington. :p

You won't be able to queue at the gate to get in early in the morning, they won't let you. Gates open at 10am I believe, though. You'll hear the Star Wars music.

what do you mean we can't queue? what do they do with people who show up early?

what do you mean we can't queue? what do they do with people who show up early?

Someone else told me this... I got there like 30 minutes early and yeah that's fine, you can queue then. But like 5-8am? No way. It's technically a park, so they won't let you apparently.

Do I really need to go into all the festival usages of baby wipes? Because I will.

- Wiping down seating in the food areas

- Wiping off portapotty seats

- Wiping your ass when the portapotties run out of toilet paper, also bring toilet paper roll doubles as tissues (my trick is to use the handicapped toilets, more spacious!)

- Cleaning your hands, no need for hand sanitizer

- Wiping mud off if it rains

- At a camping fest, sometimes these are your only option to "shower": TRUTH

I could probably continue if necessary.

Would I have asked otherwise?

Man, some people need to get off their elitist high horse. Some people have never been to a festival before.

Would I have asked otherwise?

Man, some people need to get off their elitist high horse. Some people have never been to a festival before.

It was a joke, dude. :p You're the one getting all pissy. I responded didn't I? I don't have to answer questions about festival-going but I was trying to be helpful...

:srsb33f: over babywipes? Really? It's not too hard to think of uses for babywipes, but then again I go camping frequently and I was in the Army for three years (in the Mojave desert). Plus I have a kid. I've never been to a festival but most of the suggestions here are common sense.

One thing that hasn't been noted here- you may want to add this to your original post Agenthal- is that they don't allow aerosol cans. So no spray-on sunblock :( which is the only kind I use. Also, not sure if the first aid tent will have moleskin so you may want to bring some in case you get blisters. I learned the hard way at Mayhem last year that even comfortable shoes can give you blisters if you're standing on any kind of slope for a long period of time.

Archived