Who does everyone want to see with the rumoured lineup so far?

For me it's Muse, Cold War Kids, The Kills, Ratatat, Sleigh Bells, White Lies, DOM, Tennis, Cage The Elephant, Lykke Li, Crystal Castles, The Smith Westerns, Arctic Monkeys, The Vaccines, Cults, The Foos, and maybe Kid Cudi.... Hopefully the scheduling all works out nicely. *fingers crossed*

Muse, Cold War Kids, Crystal Castles, Skrillex. Maybe Arctic Monkeys and Sleigh Bells. I don't really care for anyone that much apart from Muse and CWK.

I am going to take a day trip to Milwaukee though!

Apparently Muse is playing in Kansas on the Saturday night

Muse will be playing at the brand new festival Kanrocksas in Kansas City this August. The band will be headlining the Saturday night (6 August).

Guess this means they'll either be playing Friday night or Sunday for Lolla?

Wow, I had a little panic attack when I saw the Kansas news...

I'm torn. If Muse play Lolla on Friday, we could suffer from first night syndrome. If they play Sunday, we'll be the second night. On the other hand, if they play on Sunday, I'll be practically useless on Monday morning, when I fly home. :chuckle:

I think they're playing Friday. Didn't Chris say they will play their match a day before they play at Lolla?

True. And Chicago > Kansas City > west coast makes sense geographically. Plus, if my Coachella experience was any indication, I'll be sore and braindead by Night 3.

Who does everyone want to see with the rumoured lineup so far?

For me it's Muse, Cold War Kids, The Kills, Ratatat, Sleigh Bells, White Lies, DOM, Tennis, Cage The Elephant, Lykke Li, Crystal Castles, The Smith Westerns, Arctic Monkeys, The Vaccines, Cults, The Foos, and maybe Kid Cudi.... Hopefully the scheduling all works out nicely. *fingers crossed*

I'd have to go with..

Muse, Local Natives, Arctic Monkeys, Portugal. The Man, Young The Giant, Cold War Kids, The Kills, Ratatat, Cage the Elephant, maybe Skrillix if I don't see him at Waka, Foo, Adele?, Nas, G. Love, Pretty Lights and obviously Radiohead, lol

Noooooo :'( That means we'll get a setlist we think is okay, then look at the tweets from Kansas and rage because that one is so much better! Curse you and your uneven setlists, Muse!

/setlist-induced pessimism

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought that! Just the fact that they're doing 4 US fests this year (assuming you consider LA Rising a fest, not sure really :erm:) makes Lolla less special than I thought it would be. I can't help feeling that it only increases my chances that they'll be playing songs I would die to hear at the other gigs. (see bolded part above)

But :phu: Lolla and Chicago will be awesome either way.

Wow, I had a little panic attack when I saw the Kansas news...

I'm torn. If Muse play Lolla on Friday, we could suffer from first night syndrome. If they play Sunday, we'll be the second night. On the other hand, if they play on Sunday, I'll be practically useless on Monday morning, when I fly home. :chuckle:

I think the second-night set list thing only applies on back-to-backs in the same city. It shouldn't matter whether Kanrocksas or Lolla comes first, set list-wise. But the KC arena show last fall was cancelled so maybe KC will get something special regardless, a la Denver in the fall after their spring show got cancelled.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought that! Just the fact that they're doing 4 US fests this year (assuming you consider LA Rising a fest, not sure really :erm:) makes Lolla less special than I thought it would be. I can't help feeling that it only increases my chances that they'll be playing songs I would die to hear at the other gigs. (see bolded part above)

You could look at it like that, or maybe they're playing so many gigs in the U.S. this summer to reacquaint themselves with a bunch of Origin tracks in preparation for Leeds and Reading!

If I can gather up enough funds, I'm going to Kanrocksas as well as Lolla. I really wanted to go to Outside Lands as well, but that's impossible for me. I need to stop. :LOL:

I've been checking times and prices already. Flying is ridiculously expensive, and the Amtrak schedule would drop you off too late for the show. :shifty: How about we rent a Muser party van and road trip it on Saturday morning? Then we can drive back to Chicago after Muse, rotating drivers so everyone can sleep before Lolla Sunday. I don't mind missing Eminem. :chuckle:

god...i'm seriously so stressed out over this. i need to see them. have any of you gone to lolla before? are single day tickets always available? & do they sell out really fast? what time during the summer do they generally come out? fjdkalsgjksdlgd; i can't handle this hahaha

I've been checking times and prices already. Flying is ridiculously expensive, and the Amtrak schedule would drop you off too late for the show. :shifty: How about we rent a Muser party van and road trip it on Saturday morning? Then we can drive back to Chicago after Muse, rotating drivers so everyone can sleep before Lolla Sunday. I don't mind missing Eminem. :chuckle:

I am all for this!!! Now we just need 10 more people. Any takers? I legit wanna do this!

I am all for this!!! Now we just need 10 more people. Any takers? I legit wanna do this!

In case anyone is interested, it costs about $180 to rent a 12-passenger van for one day, and it's an 8+ hour drive to Kansas City. If we got 12 Musers together, it comes out to about $15 per person plus gas. Smaller cars are obviously cheaper, but I think a mass Muser road trip would add to the awesomeness of Lolla Weekend! :awesome:

Seriously...$200+ flight vs $15 party van?

In case anyone is interested, it costs about $180 to rent a 12-passenger van for one day, and it's an 8+ hour drive to Kansas City. If we got 12 Musers together, it comes out to about $15 per person plus gas. Smaller cars are obviously cheaper, but I think a mass Muser road trip would add to the awesomeness of Lolla Weekend! :awesome:

Seriously...$200+ flight vs $15 party van?

NICE. Missouri is one of a handful of states with no open container laws for vehicle passengers so you could get crunk across the entire state :awesome: But in Illinois you can't :( Unless you rent an RV :awesome:

Archived