I first heard muse on my friends computer (getting songs off him). I saw "supermassiveblackhole" and went "hahaha - what the heck sort of won't was that". He told me it was good, played it, I pretended to like it, so he put all his muse on (TiRo and SMBH). Eventually I liked it, so I dowloaded more. Didn't like it too much, a few months later I had a go at the songs again-started liking 'em. Downloaded more - started loving almost every song. The final nail in the coffin - I came on the boards to find which was the best DVD. then I was screwed. And I couldn't be gladder!

:happy:

• 4 weeks later...

The first Muse song I ever heard was Supermassive black hole, on FIFA 07 on the PS2. I had no idea who Muse were back then though.

My sisters introduced me to Muse at the beginning of this year when they played me SMBH and TIRO on youtube (although they found out about muse through twilight).

I didn't become interested in Muse until my cousin gave me all of their albums in about March this year, and ever since then I've been hooked :)

I can't remember exactly which muse song was the first one I heard, but the one that got me hooked was definately bliss. My friend Gemma was already a die-hard muser, and she told me to search bliss on youtube. I obeyed, and at first I was like "wtf is this twat with red hair doing?" but then THAT riff kicked in and I went :stunned::eek::awesome:

Despite the shite speakers on the computer, I found myself clicking replay over and over again.

Another Twilight-discoverer, I'm afraid.

I kept playing the baseball scene over and over again on the DVD and soon realised it was because of the music - Supermassive Black Hole. I absolutely loved it and had to find out more about the band that made this amazing music.

I already had Starlight on my ipod but it had never gone beyond that - although I often thought the singer had an amazing voice.

So I found out Supermassive was by Muse and downloaded a load of their songs. I was well and truly hooked and have listened to little else but Muse ever since. They are truly the most amazing band I've ever heard in my life and I'm 38!

I've loved bands before but nothing like the Muse-love.

I have all their albums, b-sides, DVDs etc. Absolution is my all-time favourite album. Apocalypse Please still blows me away, however many times I listen to it.

Is it possible to get sick of listening to Muse? I don't think it is. I hope there are many more albums yet to come.

I heard Starlight in danish radio somewhere in 2006 or something. I thought, well, that's pretty good. Then I searched YouTube for "muse" and heard Supermassive Black Hole, and I was... oh that's really weird. Whats with the masks?

So went three years with U2, Coldplay, Radiohead, Kooks and all that... :LOL:

And then, on September 3 for my birthday this very year, I got HAARP and BH&R, and I was: They are good. Really cool live. I really liked Time is Running Out. And KoC. Then, I rushed to buy all their CD's, and discovered that they were playing in Copenhagen in October. So I bought tickets with some friends. In those one and a half months I was listening to nothing but Muse at least 3 hours a day.

And the day where Muse came to Copenhagen was here (after a visit to San Fransisco), and so I went to Parken, queing for 6 hours in pouring rain, and I said to myself: "Oh my, I really hope for theirs sake they're good, I'm gonna shoot them otherwise". Finally I got in. The Horrors started playing, the sound was shit and the performance was awful. I really wanted my money back.

But "We Are The Universe" started playing and men was walking op stairs on these amzing 3 pillars. Curtains fell. Uprising started playing. And I was hooked, swallowed into their universe. Matt was just standing there on his cube, hands up and clapping the intro claps. I was just high on their music until the concert ended.

Since then I haven't listened to anything else, eithout thinking; "yeah, they're all right, but nothing like Muse"

Haven't looked back since. Would have gone to Wembley if I wasn't starting at high-school at the very same time... :(

And my friends keep teasing me for liking them so much :(

I heard Starlight on the radio a few times when I was working the summer it came out.

Didnt think much of it (mainly cos the radio was shit i could literally just hear the piano and none of the gee tah) But after I had heard it a few times I began to like it more.

Anyway a few weeks later when i was back at school a friend made me listen to knights of cydonia - thats an epic song by any measure but a hell of an introduction to the band! He then gave me a copy of BHAR.

So yeah then I went out and bought the back catalogue, never looked back really. I recognised a lot of the songs TIRO especially, but most only vaguely. I dont listen to the radio as a general rule, its only cos of the guys I worked with having it on that I heard starlight in the first place.

Saw them for the first time in London on 12th November and loved it. Got tickets for Manchester '10 as well :D

So yes if it wasnt for a pirated copy of BHAR I would never have discovered the band, and would never have bought all their albums, several items of clothing and concert tickets. Ironic really.

• 3 months later...
I heard Starlight on the radio a few times when I was working the summer it came out.

Didnt think much of it (mainly cos the radio was shit i could literally just hear the piano and none of the gee tah) But after I had heard it a few times I began to like it more.

Anyway a few weeks later when i was back at school a friend made me listen to knights of cydonia - thats an epic song by any measure but a hell of an introduction to the band! He then gave me a copy of BHAR.

So yeah then I went out and bought the back catalogue, never looked back really. I recognised a lot of the songs TIRO especially, but most only vaguely. I dont listen to the radio as a general rule, its only cos of the guys I worked with having it on that I heard starlight in the first place.

Saw them for the first time in London on 12th November and loved it. Got tickets for Manchester '10 as well :D

So yes if it wasnt for a pirated copy of BHAR I would never have discovered the band, and would never have bought all their albums, several items of clothing and concert tickets. Ironic really.

I'd never heard of Muse 'til my birthday last year when I went to see U2 in Houston, TX. They were my favorite band at the time, but as soon as this band called Muse opened I was absolutely blown away. First song they played was Uprising, and since then I've been a total Muse-a-holic

I actually just found out about them a couple of months ago ^^; I was reading the special decade issue of Q and Matt Bellamy was one of the people being interviewed. I had never heard of him or Muse before, yet for some reason he was the only one I had this strange urge to look up (anybody else in the magazine I already knew or had no interest in). Sure enough, I found Muse and got hooked on New Born. Best decision I ever made <3 Also, when I saw Matt in the magazine, he kinda reminded me of a slightly goth-y 10th Doctor, which is stupid since Matt is definitely not goth.

I was really into the television show Heroes for a little while, and I heard Time is Running Out in a fanvid. This was back in early 2007. From the beginning to the end I wasn't even paying attention to the video, I was completely absorbed in the music. Then I clicked one of those neighboring links on YouTube and found Bliss...my favorite song still to date.

i heard supermassive black hole on the radio when it was new out. thought it was an awesome song and then i think i next heard starlight, and so me and my dad agreed it would be worth getting the album

after really getting into BHAR, a friend had bought absolution and played some of it for me. and so i started working my way backwards through the old albums, and never before had i ever bought cds without knowing any songs on them

but doing this i realised id actually must have heard their older stuff at some point without knowing the band, cos i remember thinking that hysteria, plug in baby and time is running out all sounded kinda familiar before actually knowing they'd been singles. i then realised that id heard hysteria on the radio loads of times before and really liked it, but SOMEHOW had thought it was a radiohead song! not quite sure where i got that idea lol

Riding with my friend to school in high school back in 2004. She had this garbage mix CD with bands like My Chemical Romance and Green Day, and we'd listen to it every day and I HATED it. There was one song that I liked, and that was Time Is Running Out. She didn't know what it was, so I looked it up and found Muse's website. There I was able to listen to Hysteria and Stockholm Syndrome. At that point I decided I NEEDED their album.

After obtaining Absolution I was absolutely in love. Then I discovered that they had TWO other albums, both of which blew my mind and Muse has continued to blow my mind with each new release ever since....

THE END.

I had just met the boy who is now my boyfriend of 2 years. I was a little Myspace addict, so naturally I was lurking on his profile and listening to his playlist (he has fabulous taste in music). One of the songs on there was "Time is Running Out". I listened to it once. I listened to it twice. Three times, and so on and so forth. I loved it! So I started sampling other Muse songs, and found I loved them all too. So I owe my obsession to my boyfriend. If things don't work out, at least I got my favorite band out of the deal. :p

Starlight on the radio station, forgot what station it is because every station played it in that time. After the first station finishes the song the next station will play then the other and the other lol :LOL:

But that's the only Muse song that got played in my country :supersad: as if they're trying to get some good response then right after they found out that there's none they stopped playing it and started played Justin Bieber non-stop :mad: ah... the good old days... :)

It was back in 2006 for me :)

I was at home pottering around with the telly going in the background and Starlight came on. For the next week after that, I had the song stuck in my head. It was then I bought BHAR and my addiction started from there. I too worked my way back, watching Muse vids on You Tube, and later, buying their earlier CD's

Have been hooked ever since :D

My brother played Starlight for me because he had had an argument with a girl who claimed that BHaR was shit and he wanted me to agree with him on the fact that it wasn'.. I liked it a lot and I borrowed his CD and started listening to it. A couple of months later I watched the MTV music awards where Muse played and I was like "OMG it's Starlight! XD" and then when the "I'll never let you go.." -part kicked in and the green lasers began I was fucking speachless! I had never seen anything like it and I was just in awe! After that I was really into the band, but it was first after I had had the real life Muse experience that I became totally obsessed...

A friend of mine sent me the link of the playback vid from the Italian tv show last November. I didn't like the song that much but Dominic... well, he made an impression :rolleyes: So I started to listening to their other stuff and realized that Muse is awesome!

Now I can't stop annoying my friends with Muse related vids and facts and my Mom keeps telling me that she'd like to listen to something else - for a day at least :LOL:

I think it was Map of the Problematique that made me truly love them.

First contact was in 2003, when my mum asked if I wanted to go to a concert of some band I'd never heard of before... something like... myooze? :erm: Don't know if you've ever heard of them :LOL:

Regretfully (and I still hate myself to this day for it), I said no. Two weeks later, I heard Dead Star whilst flicking through the music channels, and my mind was officially blown. :eek: I asked my brother who it was, and he told me it was Muse, and played the whole of Showbiz to me. I begged my mum to let me go to the concert, but she'd already bought the tickets :( I don't think I've ever cried harder (bear in mind I was 8 at the time)

Archived