At my friend's house playing Mario kart on Rainbow Road on the n64. We put on his brother's muse CD, we were listening to apocalypse please - insane with all the strain on the eyes with such epic music.

I also bought my first muse album, absolution for £5 in ASDA.

I was standing in my kitchen, with tears streaming down my face, listening to the free various artists CD that came with my cereal in 2000 and then UNO came on, I stopped crying.

omg, i remember that cd. i still have it. but i got it from someone else, after i started obsessing with muse

I think I first heard them in the car when Kerrang played Butterflies and Hurricanes on the radio. I must have only been about 13 but I was really excited by how awesome they were. I remember talking to my friend who had a slightly better knowledge of music than me about how awesome Muse were and she was like 'I know'. I got Absolution for my Birthday after that then bought the rest in bulk. They were my first and only favourite band. :happy:

The very first time I heard Muse was four days after Showbiz was released in the US and I was at my old school for the city's festival. The song was Overdue and I remember thinking how bizarre the lyrics sounded. I don't usually qualify that one as my first Muse listening because it can't be verified.

So I go by the story that I was at my cousin's house after her daughter was born, I was bored so I was watching MTV looking for new bands to get into because everything else sounded like crap. When all of a sudden this video comes on where these people are crying and the band is playing in some small empty club. It was December 5th 1999 at 12:23 PM. I remembered this so that I could ask anyone if they watched it too so they could tell me what it was. I was captivated but didn't remember the name of the band or the song, so I went years Museless until I rediscovered them in 2006.

Back in 2003. I was watching MTV and the video for Time Is Running Out came on. I loved the song and I loved the video. The video reminded me of Mission Impossible, so I couldnt get it out of my mind. Whenever I see that movie or pictures of Tom Cruise, I'm still to this day reminded of TiRO XD

The very first time I heard Muse was four days after Showbiz was released in the US and I was at my old school for the city's festival. The song was Overdue and I remember thinking how bizarre the lyrics sounded. I don't usually qualify that one as my first Muse listening because it can't be verified.

So I go by the story that I was at my cousin's house after her daughter was born, I was bored so I was watching MTV looking for new bands to get into because everything else sounded like crap. When all of a sudden this video comes on where these people are crying and the band is playing in some small empty club. It was December 5th 1999 at 12:23 PM. I remembered this so that I could ask anyone if they watched it too so they could tell me what it was. I was captivated but didn't remember the name of the band or the song, so I went years Museless until I rediscovered them in 2006.

That's some memory.

A great place to start as well :D

finally remembered! we had some random rock music station from germany on sky and i was doing the whole "i'll just wait for the next song, maybe that will be a good one, no, ok maybe the next one......." the newborn came on, and at first, i have to admit, i was thinking "damn their giving boybands guitars now" and then it blew my mind.

that was the first time i became aware of muse, then i went back and found the free cd from the golden grahams, that i had never listened to, and discovered uno. then i bought origin of s. and became obsessed.

I actually listened to Muse the first time (that I can remember) in the Sahara desert, where we have been on excavations and a friend of mine played the Absolution album on his Ipod with speakers, so the whole team could listen to it, while diggin in the sand.

Back in 2003, I was asleep when my alarm clock rang and Time is running out was playing on the radio. I woke up instantaneously and said to myself: "Oh my god like the drumms."

Then, I fell asleep again and I discovered days later that was Muse behind this song. :happy:

Archived