It was Knights of Cydonia, when I bought the album HAARP in my now non-existent local music store - it looked interesting so I asked the shop owner to play a bit of it and I liked it so I bought it. Then my son reminded me I'd heard him play it on Guitar Hero.

:eek: Twatlight? Oh well.... More Muse fans =good thing!

First song I heard was "Time is running out" I think... My friend showed me a Murtagh (Eragon) video on Youtube :LOL:. I didn't love Muse straight away,even though I loved some of their songs. It was my Muse obsessed friend who made me want to find out more. For like...many months I only listened to Hysteria, Starlight and Time is running out.. I thought the others were weird! lol

No, actually, I hate Twilight with a passion. :happy: I'd rather be a Muser than a pathetic Twatlighter.

I only heard it in the movie. Never said I liked Twilight. :p

• 3 weeks later...

I was in 6th grade my crush was like, in love with them. I heard him talking about them and i just decided to google them because i was bored.

I believe i loaded the hyperchondriacmusic music video, and i was like O.O

woah,

I've been in love with them ever since.

I think i liked them just because they were so different.

After that It's been, time is running out, and plug in baby.

I acctually quite like Hysteria too.

though i am upset that all of these annoying twilight fans are

saying they're "in looooove with muse" even though they only know one song.

First post...

First time I heard Muse was "Take a Bow" during the trailer of "Watchmen" but I didn't know who it was and wasn't inspired to find out. i just remember thinking the music was dark and like nothing I'd heard before. I honestly assumed it was from the movie soundtrack.

Then I watched "Twilight" (don't judge me, please) and didn't think anything about the song that was played during the baseball scene (SMBH). Still not one of my favorites.

Then I heard my secretary listening to some funky music and asked her what is was. It was SMBH from the Twilight soundtrack by some band named Muse. I wasn't impressed but I heard their name for the first time. It stuck with me because it's a sweet band name.

Shortly thereafter a friend gave me BHaR and told me I'd like the band. I put the CD in my car for a long drive and immediately remembered "Take a Bow." My jaw hit the floor and I was HOOKED!

I went out and bought Absolution and liked it even more. I'll never forget the first time I head "Sing for Absolution." I actually had tears in my eyes.

So then I bought OoS and heard Newborn and Citizen Erased for the first time.

Needless to say, it's been a great few months and I LOVE Muse!

I heard Hysteria on some Danny Boyle film, and was persuaded it was the guitar riff from the 300 soundtrack (you know, when the Persian ships are caught in the storm), immediately found out who and what the song was off IMDB, and listened on youtube - I was interested. I got the Absolution album, listened through it, and put a couple songs in ti my favorites playlist, then forgot about Muse.

A few weeks later, I came across some obscure mention of New Born and Bliss being 'awesome songs' so decided to listen to them. They hit me like a bomb, and got me to buy the complete Muse collection ;) I'm still discovering newly amazing songs, and have only found 4-5 I haven't liked at all.

First I heard them was when I was about 8. It was before Absolution was released. My sister was listening to Plug in Baby one day but I thought nothing of it. That was until my sister asked me "have you ever heard of Muse?". My obvious reply was "no". She sat me down on her PC, opened solitaire and forced me to listen to Plug in Baby on loop until I beat a game of solitaire. Along with this, I heard her playing Sober, Cave (which I fell in love with quickly) and Feeling Good beforehand. Now, Muse is my favorite band (it used to be Foo Fighters) 2 albums later, I'm hyped for the next.

Well the first time I heard Muse was on a advert for a TV show quite a few years back that used New Born (I haven't a clue what show it was now but I think it may have been advertising a music show or channel). Didn't have a clue who the song was by but remember thinking that it sounded superb after seeing the advert a few times. Never heard the song again for ages after that.

Anyway the first time I actually heard something by them & I knew it was Muse was when Sing for Absolution came on the telly one day. I'm ashamed to say that I thought "What a fucking depressing song this is!" & switched over before it had even got to the chorus :$ The ironic thing is that it is now one of my favourite songs off Absolution lol

Not too long after I changed jobs & the new boss I worked for always had Radio 1 on the radio. I remember one day I was just sat there & TIRO came on. I fell in love with the song straight away & decided to look into them further. After buying Absolution & being totally hooked, I went & bought OoS. My jaw nearly hit the floor when I pressed play & after a minute or so that guitar I'd heard a few years before kicked in!

Heard TiRO on the radio in 2005, but never knew the title. A year later found it on my cousins iTunes. When i got bored of TiRO I found Starlight, and then KoC on GH3, then one day my dad came home with the Live 8 DVD, watched it up until Muse's performance. Had to stop watching after that because nothing was going to top it.

Around the time B&R came out... i saw a video for Plug in Baby and thought wooow. Then kinda had to buy the B&R coz it just came out.. and i really did not like it. Well, I though Supermassive and Starlight were quite good but then again I just didnt get it. Didnt get into it at all.

So I decided to buy OoS coz Plug in was in it and was absolutely blown away. Then bought Absolution and that album really, really got me into them. I think its absolutely perrfect! And then I finally got into B&R and of course Showbiz.

The first song I ever heard from Muse was The Map of The Problematique. My friend sent me a link to it, and at first I thought that it's nothing special. Yet, when I re-listened it about two or three times, I fell in love with the song. I immediately started to search for other songs and download them.

I guess Map of Problematique is my all-time favourite just because it was the song which made me like the band.

I've been listening to Muse for about 10 months. My friend had been bugging me for ages about them, but until then I had generally steered clear of rock (I like classical and jazz). He showed me the B&H solo between classes once, and I thought it was interesting how it changed genre. Somehow I also knew and loved the Hysteria riff.

Anyway, he gave me Showbiz, so Sunburn was the first whole song I had heard. Liked the piano, thought the guitar was a bit heavy (same for rest of album). But there was something about them I liked, which grew. Then I got the rest of the albums off him, and I liked every song (except SMBH, which took a few months to grow on me).

My brother had Showbiz and would have Muscle Museum on repeat ALL THE TIME... I really loved it but OOS completely passed me by... blame that on having babies and other stuff occupying my time... then I heard Hysteria on Chris Moyles Christmas Day 2003.. he said 'yeah, I love a bit of Hysteria on Christmas Day don't you' in a :rolleyes: kind of way and I was sat in the car going to my mother in laws for lunch like this.... :eek: Went out and bought Absolution as soon as the shops opened again.

My friend Lauren was always obsessed, but kind of secretly, never really telling others too much about them, so I never was really intrigued. Anyway, late one summer night in 2006, I was driving home from seeing a movie and I had our local alternative radio station on (which usually sucks as it is owned by Clear Channel). However, they must play only good music after midnight because the eerie beginning of Knights of Cydonia came on and I was hooked. Something about driving in the dark and hearing that song just completely blew my mind. I've loved Muse ever since. :)

the first song was feeling good (I guess); I just remember that I liked their version so much better than the ones before

and the first time live was rock am ring 2007 (german festival); and they had a partly seethrough piano which was just amazing :D

i heard smbh on the twilight soundtrack. and i hate that muse "fans" hear about them from that dreadful movie, but that's how i found them. i didn't like oos at all at first but now it's my favorite album. bhar in general really got my hooked. i loved map of the problematique and invincible at the time. now i just love everything that they have done and are going to do

My story:

So here I was in america, with a metalhead dad and a Lady Gaga- loving mom. Neither genre ever completely satisfied me. I was seriously going insane.

Enter Queen. These guys are masters and I will never forget the day I popped in their CD and truly loved music for the first time. I was so happy to have found my band.

Imagine my disappointment when I discovered that Freddie Mercury died the very year that I was born.

Obviously it isn't as great to obsess over a band that you can't see live. And there isn't the promise of new music coming. I still needed my band.

Enter Twilight. Now, before you guys get your cranky pants on, the twilight books arent bad. The movie, however, was. The only part I liked was the baseball scene, not for the scene, but for the song that accompanied it. Let's say it all together now...

Supermassive Black Hole.

After the painfully awkward movie, I went on iTunes and looked it up. Hmmm...the band was called Muse...interesting. Certainly better than 50 Cent or Soulja Boy. A few clicks later, I was looking at a list of their songs. I randomly decided to listen to Take a Bow on Youtube. I watched a video of Muse playing it live.

That was my ultimate "aha!" moment. When I got chills as I listened to it and realized that I had finally found my band.

(P.s...Months later, Muse is my favorite band. I feel a bit inferior having discovered them through Twilight, but I am proud to say I am a fan at all. Ironically, I hope twilight doesn't include muse in their next movies.)

Thank you all for reading!

The first Muse song I ever heard was SMBH a few years ago, it came free with my new phone and I thought it was pretty cool. I only got into Muse after hearing Map of the Problematique on a Youtube vid - I was just like WHAT IS THIS SONG AND WHERE CAN I BUY IT lol :D My mate let me borrow BHAR and the rest is history :D

I was walking down a misty alley, cobbled floor beneath my feet, when I heard a shrill, high pitched sound. The sound barely reached my ears, and yet it dragged me towards it. I ran towards where i thought it was coming from. The alley walls began to come closer together and they were lined with hundreds of guitars, red, blue, black. Shiny, dull, old, new.

Soon there was barely an inch of room either side of me, more guitars were stacked and eventually i was climbing on top of them. The music wasn't getting any louder, but then i slipped and my body fell through the mass of guitars, and the shrieking sound blossomed. Finally i could hear it clearly, and i tried to clamber through the guitars. I found my way through the jumble of guitars and ended up in a small room, with an iPod, i looked over to see what was playing, the ipod read:

Muse

Micro Cuts

Origin Of Symm...

I waited, intently, to see what the albums full name was, slowly the text scrolled to one side, and the truth was revealed:

...in Of Symmetry

Then all became clear to me, my mind was settled on one perfect thought, "I might buy this album later"

so now you know what happened when i first heard Muse!:p

I first saw the video for Starlight while flicking through the music channels, and the reason I stopped on it was thinking "Hey, isn't the singer that Clay Aiken guy?" :$ But I liked the song enough to stick around until the end when it showed the name, and the rest is history.

• 5 weeks later...

I just thought itd be interesting to know how all we MUSE fans got into them... :D

Please post your umm.. posts.. and share your experience with us..

I know im probably gonna get all trashed for this but...

The first time i heard muse was playing FIFA 07... yeh.. SMBH... but i know own every single song theyve done (even rarities) and im really proud of being a fan... a fierce fan btw :D

Archived