First Muse song I heard was Bliss, back in 2007. My neighbour had made me a compilation CD consisting of various different artists, and Muse was one of them :). I couldn't stop listening to it, and soon after that, I came across SMBH and thought ''right, i've got to check this band out and buy some albums''

A beautiful new obsession was born there and then. :D

I actually listened to Muse the first time (that I can remember) in the Sahara desert, where we have been on excavations and a friend of mine played the Absolution album on his Ipod with speakers, so the whole team could listen to it, while diggin in the sand.

now that is the coolest story. muse in the sahara, brilliant!

well... im kinda ashamed to say this... but i first heard Muse about 10 months ago on Twilight :$

Don't get me wrong though. Im like more songs than just SMBH, Im actually hooked on all their songs :awesome:

good for you!!! i accually like the twilight peeps who hear a song by muse on twilight and go discover more about them.

well... im kinda ashamed to say this... but i first heard Muse about 10 months ago on Twilight :$

Don't get me wrong though. Im like more songs than just SMBH, Im actually hooked on all their songs :awesome:

don't be ashamed. i had heard muse before twilight, but i didn't really get into them until said film. :happy: after that, i bought all the albums and went muse-happy. it's all good :D

we were visiting arizona and i was in the back seat of my dads truck his co worker(my bros friend) was sitting in the passenger seat and he put a mix tape on and the first song was Host then Showbiz....followed by the rest of the album....when it was over i kept thinking to my self who was that i want more .....and then every time we had to go somewhere i would say put that mix tape on.......the old me died that day and a new liz was born and the rest is history still writting it self

and for some odd reason i thought it was pink floyd for a while cause money was on the tape aswell as some radiohead tunes(which i also got in to later in life) so i was just really confused about who they were lol but ifinally figured it out and bought Showbiz and OOS ........

10 years later im still rockin

The first time I remember was when I was at my dance studio, I had a full day of dancing exams and in between my best friend was thinking of songs to do for her solo, and she was thinking of doing Time Is Running Out and she played it for me to see what I thought of it.

Honestly, then I didn't think it was too great, yet now I love it :D Just wasn't the right time for me then, I guess.

I was sitting in my friends car, and he was raving about Muse. He played some of Abso.

I didn't think too much of them atm.

Then about a year later, I was in another friends room, playing GH3, and I played KOC, and I was like: "Holy shit, thats epic".

Then the night before my sisters graduation, my sister and I were at Target, and they had BHAR. I had 20 dollars. I randomly bought it because I thought the cover looked cool. Turns out it was Muse.

I haven't looked back :happy:

The first time I heard Muse was when our school blasted out Starlight during lunchtime. Then I looked them up on Youtube, found videos of Knights of Cydonia on Guitar Hero 3 then HAARP, and became obsessed.

You know, we really do have to give some credit to Starlight, since about half the people who have posted so far (myself included) were first exposed to them via this song, even if it isn't one of their better songs.

Haha, the first time I heard "Muse" was reading Twilight acknowledgements.... didn't bother looking them up then, didn't like the book so much (honest!) so I didn't really care about anything associated with it.

Fast forward to two years ago. My dad got a new job and it relocated us to ENGLAND, where I discovered a wonderful tv channel called Kerrang! One day I heard Plug in Baby, and I was so intrigued by the video (and I must admit, I thought they were cute) that I immediately had to go and buy all their cds and now Muse is my favorite band in the entire universe.

My sister always used to put OoS and Absolution on in the car as I grew up, I thought the sound was very unique. I then forgot about them until I myself was genuinely interested in music myself, I like Green Day, I listened to American Idiot at the time.

I always new there was something missing from the music and I had faint memories of songs like Apocalypse Please, Bliss and New Born but I couldn't put my finger on where I had remembered them from.

Then I must have either remembered the name myself or asked my family what they were called because I downloaded some Muse tracks and from there it began.

I think I must have heard Stockholm syndrome or Time is Running out first from listening to them on the radio. The songs stuck with me, but not enough to make me look up the band or anything. I only think they were the first ones I listened to because when I became a fan and started listening through their entire material, those two sounded like I had heard them before.

I heard starlight a bunch from the radio, although I didn't really fancy the song much. It was an OK song, but it didn't catch me.

Then my drumming teacher had a substitute, and he wanted me to play supermassive black hole. I played it, then he grabbed a bass and we sat down and jammed. That was so bloody awesome. When I came home I looked them up on youtube and found their HAARP videos, and I was absolutely hooked then. Matt scratching his guitar to count up for SMBH made me go. :awesome:

good for you!!! i accually like the twilight peeps who hear a song by muse on twilight and go discover more about them.

:awesome: thanks, usually when i say that, everyones like "oh go away you stupid twilight fan" i really dont see why the fans are always fighting, becuase i love both of them :D

don't be ashamed. i had heard muse before twilight, but i didn't really get into them until said film. :happy: after that, i bought all the albums and went muse-happy. it's all good :D

yeah, actually i'd heard them on GH3, but i was like :indiff: then i saw the film and i was like "WOW. This is amazing" so i pretty much youtubed some stuff and then borrowed the albums off my uncle :happy:

:musesign:

Archived