Aww I willa always remember the first time I heard Muse :) It was in June 2004, I was in Paris, sitting in a park near the Eiffel tower with 2 of my friends who were listening to Apocalypse Please... I could just hear the lyrics and their singing was awful :D But then I listened to the song, listened to more Muse and here I am now, 5 years later and I still love them!! :happy:

Must've been Starlight, around the release of Black Holes & Revelations. The tinkly piano hooked me, I got the album from the library, and grew quite fond of it for a month or two.

Then about a year later, a new guy started at my work. Turns out, he was a huge Muse fans, and told me about some songs, I should listen to. When I got home, I could only remember Plug In Baby, so I listened to that, and I was hooked :awesome:

Slightly embarrassing... I first heard of them when Stephanie Meyer kept mentioning them at the back of her books. So I went on utube, listnened to a few... the first was Butterflies and Hurricanes.

I fell in love.

Then it was Stockholm Syndrome, SMBH, and then I became obssesive and scary :) like all of you :rolleyes:

Years ago I heard TiRO on the radio and was like 'Wow! Who is that?' I never got the name of the band and I never heard the song again (I live in the US...enough said), but it stuck with me. Then I heard SMBH on my sister's *blush* Twilight soundtrack and I had to hear more of thier stuff. I picked up BHaR, then Absolution and just about died when I heard TiRO on it. Now I am the proud owner of almost everything they've done!

I t was "In Your World" so roughly 2002; can't remember where but it was general radio play and I just fell in love with the song and didn't know who it was by and never investigated any further.

The following year; Absolution came out and Hysteria was getting a lot of radio play. Bought the album, instantly hooked and then bought the rest. I knew by then that In Your World was a Muse track so when I bought Hullabaloo was very happy to have tracked it down! I now own it on a rare Japanese import which was a bit of a find :)

I saw a random "Muse vs Linkin Park" thread in some random forum.

At that time I didn't know who was Muse and I was a Linkin Park fan (shoot me plz).

So I entered the thread only to see a lot of Muse supporters, but I wrote "lolz Muse sucks, Linkin Park all the way!" (shoot me again plz)

But someone told me "Dude! download Stockholm Syndrome you will love Muse".

I hesistated (shoot me the third time) but I downloaded it, and I hated it. (a fourth time should be nice).

After some time I decided to give Muse and Stockholm Syndrome a second chance, but it wasn't until I heard Starlight that I started to love Muse (one more bullet and the revolver will be empty).

Now, I have a lot of Muse songs on my iPod (but not Starlight, oh the irony) and I am the biggest Muse fan among my friends xD

(Save that last bullet :p)

There's definitely at least one huge thread of this. But search is failing!

2002, I heard Citizen Erased (live) on a Q Magazine compilation CD, just after Hullabaloo came out. That week I ended up buying the DVD before any of the albums (although I bought Showbiz, OOS, & the Hullabaloo Soundtrack a week later). They instantly became my favourite band, and OOS is still my favourite ever album to this day.

Ahhh memories...inbetween the Showbiz and OOS releases my girlfriend and I were on our way to see friends of ours who play locally (called greymarket WOO), and they've always cited Muse as a giant inspiration, she played Sunburn for me in the car...needless to say it auralsecks:D

It was back in 2000, I had just been monumentally dumped and was feeling really sorry for myself.

I got a cereal box with a free cd on the front, various artists, most of them bands I'd never heard of.

One of the songs was UNO, which kind of struck a chord with me and the state of mind I was in at the time.

It made me stop feeling sorry for myself.

I picked myself up, dusted myself down and got on with my life.

I've loved Muse ever since.

sadly it was Knights of Cydonia on Guitar Hero 3, i wish it could've been sooner. i didn't really care for it too much but it was one that i played a lot. once one of my friends showed me the music video, i got intrigued. sooner or later, i came around to looking up more videos, which included Starlight, Butterflies and Hurricanes, and Bliss. i eventually bought some of those hits on iTunes, then after multiple listens, the light bulb went on. the songs eventually grew on me and i ended up buying all their other songs.

it's quite sad because the time between playing KoC on GH3 and buying all their songs was a long period of time.

Stockholm Syndrome or Hysteria on a German 24 forum. Someone made fanvids and awesomely combined scenes from 24 with those songs. I know I still have one of the videos on my computer.

*goes looking*

:awesome: Dude, awesome! Found it and not only that, the filename also tells me who made it and from which episodes the scenes are. ... Okay, now that I watched the video (Stockholm Syndrome with scenes from 1x09-13) I see that this info is also in at the end.

I remember another video (not sure if it was by the same user), the one with Hysteria. I think there were scenes from season 2 with Jack, Nina and the plane crash.

Now I feel nostalgic *goes to 24 forum*. Ha, still looks the same! Feels like a millions years ago that I've last been there! I was a big fan once, but it then the show got kinda old and Nina and everyone was gone. Anyway, I just found a post I made pretty much exactly 2 years ago! How unexpected.

Ooh, found it! The thread by the user who made the vid with Stockholm Syndrome. And in the first post there's the link to the video with Hysteria! Link isn't working anymore :(. Looking through the thread to see if I posted there... yes, I did! On 30th October 2004 I wrote something and ended with "I think I should get myself a Muse CD. Doesn't sound bad." :D

Holy shit, guys, I love the internet! I love when stuff is archived. I love it when I can trace back the beginning of a new fandom!

Looked for the post with video with Stockholm Syndrome now and it was posted before I commented on the thread. Hm, so I still don't know which video I've seen first, but it could be the Stockholm Syndrome one. ... There was also a video using The Gallery :eek:! *wants* *tries to log in but doesn't remember password* *gets new password & asks in the thread if anyone has the vids* Ha, just bumped a 4 years old thread! :D

PS: But this is not the story of how I became a fan. That story is longer and consists of a lot of little moments. But it all began with what I posted above.

Fell out of love with music of any sort around 2000, then caught Shrinking Universe in the 28 days(or weeks?) trailer and loved the powerful voice of the singer.

Looked up all their stuff on youtube and was amazed to find not one song I couldn't like, hooked since then. Just wish i'd have discovered them 'at the start'.

Just goes to show how powerful a tool youtube could be if the likes of Warner would use it properly, without it I probably would never have taken the time to check the band out despite having my interest piqued.

I wonder how many other fans discovered the band through 'youtube' ? :$

I am pretty sure it was back in 2007. I was replying to a "What are you listening to" thread on a forum when I saw that the person before had typed "Muse - Starlight." I searched it and was amazed. The second song I heard was an awful sounding live version of Assassin due to the camera. I did not continue after that but then when I picked up a copy of Guitar Hero 3, I heard Knights of Cydonia. I searched what album it was on and surely enough Starlight was on BHAR.

I first listened to Absolution in whole and I was caught in a trance from that. Muse became my favorite band after hearing the rest of BHAR and then going from that to OoS. :happy:

I first heard Muse a little over a year ago. I purchased Guitar Hero III for my husband for Christmas 2007. We all played the usual familiar stuff. I didn't branch out too much. I was avoiding songs from 2006 at first (that was the year my son died, and I just couldn't make myself have anything to do with that year). But I finally decided to check out Knights of Cydonia, because I thought it sounded interesting. Loved it the first time. Told hubby, "Hey, check this one out! It's really cool!" Which took us to youtube, and so many more. I have to admit, tho, I didn't really know about all the amazing earlier music until I found this forum! I kept seeing people mention OoS, Showbiz, etc. and had to go back to youtube. We've already purchased many things on itunes, but I think my wallet will be getting lighter now that I've heard Sunburn, Citizen Erased...the list is long!

Hmmm, heard TIRO on the radio, didn't know what song it was, a year later saw it on my cousins Itunes, downloaded it and liked it, but never listened to anything else. Then I saw their Live 8 performance and thought ("this guys is one hell of a guitarist"). Listened to TIRO a lot more, still nothing else, then in Gr 9 in art class my friend made me listen to SS, and i reconized the name Muse from GH3, so I looked them up (finally). Downloaded, New Born, Starlight, PiB, KoC, BaH, MotP, SMBH and SS. LOVED the songs, then i youtubed them and saw the Rock Am Ring 04 stuff and then i was blown away. Finally downloaded all the albums this past summer. Havn't listened to any other band since.

It was in 2007, (grrr and :eek:!), but I was curious about S.Meyer's book, however on her website she had a list of music that she liked and that is where I discovered MUSE. I thought the book was okay. So I registered on MUSE website and listened to all of their music, I was hooked! :D

I just thought itd be interesting to know how all we MUSE fans got into them... :D

Please post your umm.. posts.. and share your experience with us..

I know im probably gonna get all trashed for this but...

The first time i heard muse was playing FIFA 07... yeh.. SMBH... but i know own every single song theyve done (even rarities) and im really proud of being a fan... a fierce fan btw :D

:awesome: FIFA 07 FTW!

i'm the same as you! us footy fans can stick together!

dunno what happened to that game, i should have kept seeing as it introduced me to Muse

although i read somewhere that the version on FIFA was a remix?.......

so if that's the case it was either Starlight :facepalm: at my cousin's house or (more respectfully) New Born in my friend's car when he played me OoS from start to finish for the first time ever!

edit: could even have been KoC on Gh3 (again:facepalm:) at that same friends house and btw this was late 2006/early 2007

Archived