best songs on HAARP

tillydog

Haarp for me has always been overrated. You type in muse live and bam muse live at wembley. So i think alot of the negativity comes from the wembley gig being so hyped. As for me i think the KoC is my favorite. Even though it is not the best performance (or even close) of KoC, it is still my favorite. Mainly because that is what got me into muse. I didnt know a band could have that much energy and still play that well lol (at the time i was into some pretty crappy stuff).

Wait, isn't it the same SS for the CD and the DVD?

Well - I'm not sure...I thought it is two different nights but despite the outro, which is different, the whole song itself may be the same performance...I compared it and it's incredibly similar...but still the DVD sound is so much better - I don't know why, but I like Matt's vocals more on that one...and the DVD outro is also better... :-)

I've always thought Matt must've had some vocal issues through the BH&R tour. His voice sounds so nasal and weak on many performances including HAARP. Aside from that, HAARP probably contains the best version of B&H, Hoodoo and maybe Unintended.
yeah, thought that too. Apparently Matt was ill during these two gigs? Because you can tell during new born, sounds horrible and some parts of B+H.

Best pro shot version of Unintended is Hullabaloo totally !!! B+H maybe...But I still like his singing more on B+H tour then on Resistance - less and less falsetto - maybe because of the issues he had...Who knows...

But I must disagree with many people - I think Muse and especially Matt's guitar (not the FuzzFactroy sounds though) sound better now (I love VOX AC30 you see...) and on HAARP then before. Not the vocals (too much reverb effects and not much distortion, which suits Matt much more)...But the instruments are great - and that's why Wembley is so good - it's not the best show from band members (lighting was great though) but mixing is better (especially bass - oh how I love his tones) and also camera (I find Hullabaloo camera really annoying - especially when the screen is divided)...And I really dig that it is the only DVD concert that's mostly in the daylight - I don't think Muse need dark and lights to make a great show as many bands do - it's better to see everything that's going on on the stage - and it forces Matt to move more (think of all the festivals 1999 - 2004...And another downfall is that Wembley is not that hard because the hardest songs aren't included (CE, Bliss, Space Dementia, Micro Cuts...)...

As for DVD's I would say - for greatest setlist and best atmo - Absolution, for crazyness and hard songs Hullabaloo and for sound, lightshow, camera and epic venue - Wembley 07...

Wait, isn't it the same SS for the CD and the DVD?

CD = Night 1

DVD = Night 2

Except the Maggie's Farm riff on the DVD. Matt's guitar fucked up at the end of MOTP on Night 2, so they included the footage from Night 1 on the end of the song instead.

Best song on HAARP? Blackout! :yesey:

CD = Night 1

DVD = Night 2

Except the Maggie's Farm riff on the DVD. Matt's guitar tech fucked up at the end of MOTP on Night 2, so they included the footage from Night 1 on the end of the song instead.

Best song on HAARP? Blackout! :yesey:

Everything about this = :yesey:

HAARP was studiod to death. It sucks.

If there were any album that meets the definition of "studiod to death" it would probably be Mike Oldfield's Exposed. All the individual instruments were recorded on tour, and the album itself is composed of a mix of various performances at entirely different concerts.

Would much rather have a well produced and mixed live album of a concert, than either the sloppy programmed computer mixing desk output shoved through the speakers on the day, or some audience fan recording (which will invariably have one of those nutters you normally get stood within your vicinity at concerts screaming their heads off).

• 5 months later...
Oh yeah I forgot how much I love the HAARP version of Unintended :awesome:

HAARP version visually and a big plus is that he's playing an acoustic guitar, but vocals and emotion is far better on Hullabaloo...

For me it's Knights of Cydonia, Butterflies and Hurricanes (the key song on HAARP imho), Blackout - solo especially, Plug in Baby (for sirens intro and ending) and Take a Bow which is just amazing...And outro (riffage) of Stockholm Syndrome is the best on HAARP - although the best Stockholm Syndrome for me was at Earls Court 04...

I'd also say I've never seen a better version of Starlight and Invincible then on HAARP...

HAARP version visually and a big plus is that he's playing an acoustic guitar, but vocals and emotion is far better on Hullabaloo...

I'd also say I've never seen a better version of Starlight and Invincible then on HAARP...

Oh well I actually haven't seen the Hullabaloo version, it's not available here in South Africa :(

Invincible was also great, much better than the studio version, but it can still get boring.

Archived