best songs on HAARP

tillydog

you guys sounds ridiculous. its just a simple matter of whether you like the band or not. naturally, if your a big fan of the band, you can't say they're horrible and opposite.

I'm a big fan of the band and I criticise them regularly.

well naturally, you're not loyal to the band. by the way. FYI. don't really like the band. just happened to visit this site and read the comments. and i just thought to join the conversation. hehehe :D

*Sigh* Very rarely do I facepalm as hard to a post as I did to this one.

you guys sounds ridiculous. its just a simple matter of whether you like the band or not. naturally, if your a big fan of the band, you can't say they're horrible and opposite.

Being a fan doesn't mean you just kiss the bands arse. I hate Uprising so does that mean I'm not a fan? Even though I've bought their albums, learnt their songs and plan on seeing them live. Just because I say they have the odd shit song that means I'm not a fan?

well naturally, you're not loyal to the band. by the way. FYI. don't really like the band. just happened to visit this site and read the comments. and i just thought to join the conversation. hehehe :D

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

on topic, I'd say invincible was pretty good, too, and not just because of the guitar solo. it was really a performance worthy of Wembley :D Butterflies and Hurricanes perfect as usual, Stockholm Syndrome sounded great, but I simply cannot understand why was Sing For Absolution not included on the dvd or cd???

but I simply cannot understand why was Sing For Absolution not included on the dvd or cd???

They didn't want to make it last too long, I suppose. I'd gladly see Soldier's Poem swapped out for Sunburn or Sing For Absolution. Hell, they could've just released the footage like they did with Micro Cuts so I'm not sure really. Would've been nice for SFA too because wasn't the stage designed and lit up in a way that, from a birds-eye view, it looked like a spaceship?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

on topic, I'd say invincible was pretty good, too, and not just because of the guitar solo. it was really a performance worthy of Wembley :D Butterflies and Hurricanes perfect as usual, Stockholm Syndrome sounded great, but I simply cannot understand why was Sing For Absolution not included on the dvd or cd???

Because it already was on Absolution DVD and it's not considered that important from Abso as Hysteria, B.and H., Blackout, TIRO, Apo. Please or Stockholm Syndrome...Although the performance was great and it's a great song, one of my favourites...

Because it already was on Absolution DVD and it's not considered that important from Abso as Hysteria, B.and H., Blackout, TIRO, Apo. Please or Stockholm Syndrome...Although the performance was great and it's a great song, one of my favourites...

Hysteria, Butterflies, TIRO and Stockholm I can understand but why wouldn't it be considered more important than Blackout? Don't get me wrong, Blackout is one of the best songs on there, but as far as importance goes - I'd say SFA wins considering it's a single. I would've preferred it to Apocalypse Please, to be honest.

Hysteria, Butterflies, TIRO and Stockholm I can understand but why wouldn't it be considered more important than Blackout? Don't get me wrong, Blackout is one of the best songs on there, but as far as importance goes - I'd say SFA wins considering it's a single. I would've preferred it to Apocalypse Please, to be honest.

Blackout is the best song on HAARP - because it's by far the best performance of this song ever (only 2nd night of Earls Court comes close imho - but no baloons :rolleyes: )...And I think Apocalyse Please is more important and fits Wembley setlist better...SfA is great but I think it's on of those songs that should be played only on the dedicated album tour (Abso tour).

Funny thing - I feel the same way about every single song on the Resistance apart from Uprising maybe...As a concept and album with one theme, the Resistance is good but playing just a few songs on the next tour IMHO won't work - I'd like to hear only Uprising because it's the only live-friendly song on TR - others aren't that impressive live - static, no movement or enthusiasm - compared to the previous Muse songs which are all amazing live...

I'd like to hear only Uprising because it's the only live-friendly song on TR - others aren't that impressive live - static, no movement or enthusiasm - compared to the previous Muse songs which are all amazing live...

:wtf:

The band and plenty of people in the crowd were enthusiastic during Unnatural Selection and MK Ultra.

I'd like to hear only Uprising because it's the only live-friendly song on TR - others aren't that impressive live - static, no movement or enthusiasm - compared to the previous Muse songs which are all amazing live...

Yeah, because MK Ultra is so dull and boring, live

SORRY !!! I forgot about Unnatural Selection....I love that one and I think it's also good live - and my prediction is that it will sometimes replace New Born or Stockholm ( :'( ) for riffage after the song - because it's in drop D...

I know a lot of people like MK Ultra too. I don't that much but it's also good live...You're right people...But still - Resistance (song), Undisclosed and USofEA aren't that good live and my guess is that Resistance and Undisclosed will be together with Uprising the most played... :rolleyes:

SORRY !!! I forgot about Unnatural Selection....I love that one and I think it's also good live - and my prediction is that it will sometimes replace New Born or Stockholm ( :'( ) for riffage after the song - because it's in drop D...

I know a lot of people like MK Ultra too. I don't that much but it's also good live...You're right people...But still - Resistance (song), Undisclosed and USofEA aren't that good live and my guess is that Resistance and Undisclosed will be together with Uprising the most played... :rolleyes:

replace them....? :eek::eek: well perhaps new born.. but stockholm?!?! you sir just scared the crap out of me! the thought of no more ss live... but no, that won't happen!:mad: not until the 10th anniversary of Absolution anyway :LOL:

replace them....? :eek::eek: well perhaps new born.. but stockholm?!?! you sir just scared the crap out of me! the thought of no more ss live... but no, that won't happen!:mad: not until the 10th anniversary of Absolution anyway :LOL:

It would kill me too, but think of it - with every new tour they played, they are about one song from each album short - during abso tour, there was still Space dementia sometimes, Micro cuts and Bliss were one of the key songs on every gig, on Black Holes and Revelations tour no Space Dementia, sometimes Citizen Erased or Bliss and Micro Cuts, in TR tour just CE (thank god) and sometimes Bliss or Feeling good...As for Abso - on BHaR tour still BaH and Apocalypse. Now on TR tour only the magnificent 3 survived and was played regularly - TIRO, SS and Hysteria...But I'm scared they will alternate between them, although for me those are the most important Muse songs...+ PiB and sadly not so frequent Bliss and B.and H.

Live friendly =/= songs you like.

Partly yes (I know, I'm the bad guy), But come on - it's not that good to sing along as Feeling good and I still think Apocalypse is better live...I don't really hate USoE but I don't really think it's better live than on record. And since Muse are the best band imo in making better live performances than studio recordings, I would rather have Apocalypse, Space Dementia or even Hoodoo, Megalomania or Screenager in the setlist than USoE...But still - my and just my opinion...

Partly yes (I know, I'm the bad guy), But come on - it's not that good to sing along as Feeling good and I still think Apocalypse is better live...I don't really hate USoE but I don't really think it's better live than on record. And since Muse are the best band imo in making better live performances than studio recordings, I would rather have Apocalypse, Space Dementia or even Hoodoo, Megalomania or Screenager in the setlist than USoE...But still - my and just my opinion...

I think many people would rather have Megalomania or Space Dementia replace United States Of Eurasia - but how come you think Feeling Good is perfectly fine live yet think USOE is better on the record? Genuine question.

Also, you forgot Ruled By Secrecy when you said 3 songs survived from Absolution.

Archived