best songs on HAARP

tillydog

It would kill me too, but think of it - with every new tour they played, they are about one song from each album short - during abso tour, there was still Space dementia sometimes, Micro cuts and Bliss were one of the key songs on every gig, on Black Holes and Revelations tour no Space Dementia, sometimes Citizen Erased or Bliss and Micro Cuts, in TR tour just CE (thank god) and sometimes Bliss or Feeling good...As for Abso - on BHaR tour still BaH and Apocalypse. Now on TR tour only the magnificent 3 survived and was played regularly - TIRO, SS and Hysteria...But I'm scared they will alternate between them, although for me those are the most important Muse songs...+ PiB and sadly not so frequent Bliss and B.and H.

Partly yes (I know, I'm the bad guy), But come on - it's not that good to sing along as Feeling good and I still think Apocalypse is better live...I don't really hate USoE but I don't really think it's better live than on record. And since Muse are the best band imo in making better live performances than studio recordings, I would rather have Apocalypse, Space Dementia or even Hoodoo, Megalomania or Screenager in the setlist than USoE...But still - my and just my opinion...

I'm trying to figure out if when you say stuff like "just CE (thank god) and sometimes Bliss or Feeling good", you actually mean it, or if it's just a language problem. Because Bliss and Feeling Good were certainly not songs that were swapped. And Feeling Good was played quite a lot more than CE, so "sometimes" isn't quite the right word either.

I think many people would rather have Megalomania or Space Dementia replace United States Of Eurasia - but how come you think Feeling Good is perfectly fine live yet think USOE is better on the record? Genuine question.

Also, you forgot Ruled By Secrecy when you said 3 songs survived from Absolution.

yees, megalomania and space dementia indeed:yesey: space dementia even indeeder:LOL:

it's going to sound stupid but I kinda have the same problem with feeling good and USoE: they don't sound musey enough for me. Feeling good because it's a cover, and USoE because it draws too much influence from queen IMO, while collateral damage can also be considered a cover. so megalomania and space dementia over those two anytime! ...but...how did we end up talking about this?:LOL:

OK, it may be a language problem...But I meant that TIRO, Hysteria and SS were in every gig of TR tour (as far as I remember) but Butterflies and RBS weren't (not at Glasto, Reading, O2, the Den and at Wembley one on the first and the other on second night). It's more complicated with OoS songs - CE is usually played but you're right, Feeling good was played far more often...So they usually played PiB, Feeling good and New Born with occasional CE and Bliss but that can't last on the new tour - they can't play 150 minutes setlists...

I'm talking about the tour not just about Wembley gigs...I know, off topic a little bit but I got carried away...:rolleyes:

yees, megalomania and space dementia indeed:yesey: space dementia even indeeder:LOL:

it's going to sound stupid but I kinda have the same problem with feeling good and USoE: they don't sound musey enough for me. Feeling good because it's a cover, and USoE because it draws too much influence from queen IMO, while collateral damage can also be considered a cover. so megalomania and space dementia over those two anytime! ...but...how did we end up talking about this?:LOL:

+1 It sounds and feels good on the album but I don't feel any need to hear it live if it takes place of something more Musey...Feeling good is a great cover but now, when they have lots of amazing songs, I'd rather hear something different...

Basically what I have learnt from these forums is that most muse songs that were chosen as singles are doomed

It's not as shallow as it may sound though.

Being singles usually means that they get overplayed, which makes people value the more rare stuff a lot more. And singles also usually means that it's the songs most likely to get played on the radio=The songs closest to 3 minute pop. And also the least challenging songs for the listener, as they aren't supposed to take time to appreciate.

It's not as shallow as it may sound though.

Being singles usually means that they get overplayed, which makes people value the more rare stuff a lot more. And singles also usually means that it's the songs most likely to get played on the radio=The songs closest to 3 minute pop. And also the least challenging songs for the listener, as they aren't supposed to take time to appreciate.

Yup which is why I say they are doomed, doomed to be overplayed. My problem is that I read people complaining about certain songs that should be axed from the setlist as they are played so often and it really bugs me because I would give anything to hear them live. Then I remember that I am part of a very small percentage of fans who are yet to see them live. So I forgive you all..

EDIT: I liked your description there btw :)

• 8 months later...

Archived