best songs on HAARP

tillydog

HAARP is a live album and video by English alternative rock band Muse, released on 17 March 2008 in the United Kingdom and April 1, 2008 in the United States. Absolution was described as "The soundtrack to the end of the world" and hearing the beginning of "Apocalypse please" on H.A.A.R.P. (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) it just might have been.

HAARP is a live album and video by English alternative rock band Muse, released on 17 March 2008 in the United Kingdom and April 1, 2008 in the United States. Absolution was described as "The soundtrack to the end of the world" and hearing the beginning of "Apocalypse please" on H.A.A.R.P. (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) it just might have been.

No fookin wai, bot! :eek:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Best New Born ever.

What? :stunned:.

It's a terrible performance of New Born compared with Glasto 2004, KROQ 2004, Pinkpop 2007, any pre-2004 performance - heck, I'd go as far as saying New Born from HAARP was one of the worst I've ever heard!

Apocalypse Please was terrible on HAARP too, it had no beef whatsoever.

Gack. Muse just sounded better in 2004, infinitely. I can think of no songs from back then that sound better now, none at all :erm:.

EDIT: Forgot about New Born at BDO 2004, that one's immense too.

What? :stunned:.

It's a terrible performance of New Born compared with Glasto 2004, KROQ 2004, Pinkpop 2007, any pre-2004 performance - heck, I'd go as far as saying New Born from HAARP was one of the worst I've ever heard!

Apocalypse Please was terrible on HAARP too, it had no beef whatsoever.

Gack. Muse just sounded better in 2004, infinitely. I can think of no songs from back then that sound better now, none at all :erm:.

EDIT: Forgot about New Born at BDO 2004, that one's immense too.

Only B&H. And for SS, it sounded much, much better on the CD than on the DVD.

• 4 weeks later...

For me - Butterflies and Hurricanes - this performance got me to Muse, epic but Glasto 04 and other are also great...Plug in Baby - just absolutely cool and great that night...Blackout - the solo is unbelievable - I think the shouldn't play it ever again because it would only suffer in comparison and same goes for Take a Bow - totally Wembley song - I dislike every other performance of this song because that on Wembley was just absolutely epic...

Also KoC and Hoodoo were exceptionally good...

Only B&H. And for SS, it sounded much, much better on the CD than on the DVD.

This is because on the CD there were Micro Cuts before the SS which is a great couple - I always play Micro Cuts before the SS - even with the band - it's just so great :D ...But I disagree - I think Matt's singing suffered a lot from Micro Cuts and the DVD's singing of Stockholm is much better...As well as the jam after SS...But still - Micro cuts and then SS is just so f*cking epic combination...But the best pro shot SS has got to be either Earls court of Glasto 04...

This is because on the CD there were Micro Cuts before the SS which is a great couple - I always play Micro Cuts before the SS - even with the band - it's just so great :D ...But I disagree - I think Matt's singing suffered a lot from Micro Cuts and the DVD's singing of Stockholm is much better...As well as the jam after SS...But still - Micro cuts and then SS is just so f*cking epic combination...

Wait, isn't it the same SS for the CD and the DVD?

Archived