Pressure (single)

iLikeCorvettes

Pretty good. It had a nice couple of riffs and a pretty good chorus (if lacking much of a hook beyond the backing vocals). I really liked the Gremlins video too and the Rocket Baby Dolls reference made me feel all nostalgic! Along with Darkside, thay makes two tracks I genuinely like on this album so far! Admittedly that's out of 5 bit still... That's better than I expected after the last two albums.

Hello Muse board, long time no visit. We all pulling apart new Muse stuff still? Spiffing. ;)

For good or for bad, Matt has eaten a huge amount of 80s vibe. Seems all that cheese is giving some of us indigestion, hm. *burp*

Personally, I really like Pressure. Ridiculously catchy stuff. Can't get it out of my head (apols to Kylie). As for the vid, it made me smile. Hilariously awful outfits, for one thing!:LOL:

Yup I'm going to be dancing (badly) to this one :dance::D

:yesey:

Chorus is very Revolt

Agreed. Like Revolt, it really took me some time to appreciate it but it's stuck in my head right now. Revolt became of one my favourite Drones songs (and I still like that album btw). Pressure is having a good start.

I'm generally excited about the album now. DD is dreadful, and TC is... meh. But I really like the last three songs they've released, speciall The Dark Side. A song I'm sure I'll like forever.

I feel that in the end I might enjoy the album way more than I thought, and I'm cool with it. Can't say I really hate any Muse album though.

Edited by topo_musero

semi-palatable. comme ci, comme ça.

simplicity seems to be the main motif with this album. like others on here, it leaves me conflicted. but a sizable chunk of what muse has done post-2003 has left me conflicted. some of it i've warmed to (and quite like); other material is best left in a garbage pail in a random alley in some third-world country.

that said, i'm ready for much beefier shit (songwriting, production, and mixing-wise)...not to mention some more goddamned piano (being selfish here)...on the remainder of the album. pardon my french.

lord knows what all of these alternate tracks are going to sound like.

having the UCLA marching band on this track on the alternate version may be a very good marketing move, though. unless it turns out to be total rubbish, the track may be a go-to in the coming months for universities and their marching bands' halftime shows -- in the states, anyway.

Listened to it a couple more times now and I'm kinda annoyed with the song. It's not bad. Nowhere near as bad as SH and DD are at least.But it has so much more potential.

I agree with the production being a bit thin and not beefy enough, but I also feel like the song really doesn't go anywhere. I can see the comparisons to Revolt for instance, but at least Revolt had a semi-decent guitar solo in it. This is just a nice riff that goes on for way to long, paired with cheesy verses and Matt's (nowadays signature) chorusses consisting of a bunch of 3 word-sentences. It just sounds kinda... Uninspired? I guess? I kept waiting for something more to happen or for the track to take me somewhere, but it just didn't happen and instead kept repeating itself.

Again, it's a pretty decent track! Easily the second best out of the bunch of singles released so far, after The Dark Side! I was just expecting a bit more (I know, I should know better by now :rolleyes: )

Hello Muse board, long time no visit. We all pulling apart new Muse stuff still? Spiffing. ;)

For good or for bad, Matt has eaten a huge amount of 80s vibe. Seems all that cheese is giving some of us indigestion, hm. *burp*

Personally, I really like Pressure. Ridiculously catchy stuff. Can't get it out of my head (apols to Kylie). As for the vid, it made me smile. Hilariously awful outfits, for one thing!:LOL:

Yup I'm going to be dancing (badly) to this one :dance::D

I am dancing all the way to this one. What do you think scifigeekgirl ... is this Muse last say goodbye to all of us? I think it is

Listened to it a couple more times now and I'm kinda annoyed with the song. It's not bad. Nowhere near as bad as SH and DD are at least.But it has so much more potential.

I agree with the production being a bit thin and not beefy enough, but I also feel like the song really doesn't go anywhere. I can see the comparisons to Revolt for instance, but at least Revolt had a semi-decent guitar solo in it. This is just a nice riff that goes on for way to long, paired with cheesy verses and Matt's (nowadays signature) chorusses consisting of a bunch of 3 word-sentences. It just sounds kinda... Uninspired? I guess? I kept waiting for something more to happen or for the track to take me somewhere, but it just didn't happen and instead kept repeating itself.

Again, it's a pretty decent track! Easily the second best out of the bunch of singles released so far, after The Dark Side! I was just expecting a bit more (I know, I should know better by now :rolleyes: )

Ik snap je helemaal.

there's nothing in it that made me think I should ever listen to it again.

This is my biggest problem with the new songs to be honest. I don't mind the change in style if that's what they want to do, but after listening to each song 2-3 times to see what I think about them when they've come out, with the exception of TDS, none of them have made me feel like listening to them again since.

I certainly wouldn't be caring about these songs as much if it was by some other band. But there's so many circumstances that would change how I listen to a band it's not worth pondering too hard over. I would likely not care about Absolution as much had I heard it for the first time right now compared to at 13 when I did.

I mean, any song would fundamentally change if written by a different band, so it's hard for me to even conceptualize that question. Meaning, I like Muse songs because I like Matt's voice, the way all 3 play their instruments, the way they tend to produce their tracks, etc. It's the same with any song from any of my favorite bands, I doubt I would like the songs as much if they were done by someone else.

I'm having a hard time describing exactly what I mean but hopefully that makes some sense.