Pressure (single)

iLikeCorvettes

Yeah that happened with both TR and T2L. "Wow this is so much more inspired than their previous effort", then as time went on the hype of a new album settled.

I wasn't keen on T2L at first but I find myself liking more individual songs on it than TR.

Drones I haven't really changed on, though I like Dead Inside a lot more now than at first

When TR first came out though people generally thought it was better than BHaR but over time opinions changed. From what I recall anyway. TR was when the set list complaints really took off

I remember that. Initially it was very well liked but of late, and a fair few indeed saw it as a rebound after Black Holes, but its opinion has gone downhill.

Certainly I can vouch for that. I really liked it at first whereas now I rate it as the weakest full studio LP.

My opinion on T2L definitely changed. There are some tracks I enjoy a lot (Madness, Animals, Isolated System, Panic Station, Survival and Supremacy), but the rest of the songs rank between OK and bad imho.

I still mantain that Drones was a pretty good album (4th album in my personal Muse rating) and except for Aftermath and Drones I really like the album nowadays. It felt like a return to form imho. And I wouldn't say that's a widely accepted opinion in the fandom :LOL:

I'm still a proudly Revolt defender :LOL:

Still, I think that was my opinion back then but I'm not terribly sure. I'd like to know that, but I'm lazy to find my old posts.

Edited by topo_musero

This always happens with new albums when you’re hyped. Which is why I’ve tried to cool it off the last few albums and not follow their release as much.

at this juncture, i make a concerted effort not to listen to much muse at all b/w album releases, save maybe a few days prior to attending a gig. it's a good practice (unless one experiences a sudden hankering to listen to a particular track(s)).

I realize there's a number of users that were not around in the time when Fabri adored that era of Muse.

I was all over the boards then, I guess I'd just forgotten how he was then. My hype levels were so much higher then too though. It's kinda sad I can't get hyped for Muse like that anymore. I always look forward to hearing new Muse, but now my thought is more "I hope this doesn't suck."

I still actually enjoy T2L probably more than either of the other albums they've released since BHAR to be honest, even if it seems to get slated a lot here. As others have said though, maybe that comes from expectations on release. I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an album than for The Resistance and it was such a disappointment compared to what I was expecting which has always put a downer on it as an album for me ever since, apart from a couple of songs. By contrast, I then didn't really expect much from T2L and was pleasantly surprised so I enjoy it. Drones has some good moments but as an album it's hard to have much emotional attachment to, I think.

Overall I like T2L more than TR and Drones as well. TR for some reason has just always felt the most boring of the albums. Drones has 2 of my favorite songs from the last few albums (Dead Inside and The Handler), but I just enjoy T2L more as an overall listen. Drones is also the first Muse album which, instead of ending on a very strong note, ended on a really disappointing note.

I really liked T2L at the time and still prefer it over TR. I never liked the tracklisting for T2L though, I always felt it started really strong and tailed off after Animals. Making my own order helped me appreciate it even more once the initial novelty wore off.

I've a lot of fond memories from that era in general to be honest; I adored (still do tbh) Madness and enjoyed the build up to the album release, the early promo performances were excellent with Matt at his vocal peak, the arena and stadium tour were (imo) excellent. Good times.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...