Pressure (single)

iLikeCorvettes

DD shouldn't be on the album. I sometimes fantasize about a better, revamped version being surprise released as the official album cut to make up for the lackluster single, but that won't happen.
The wonders of the streaming age. I'll just remove any songs from the new album that I don't like. Dig Down certainly won't be in it.

My first gut comparison of this to another Muse song would be that it kind of feels like SMBH 2 and that hasn't gone away after many listens. There are alot of similarities to draw. Which could confirm that Matt thinks SMBH is classic Muse?

Which alot would argue is true and 99% of this board and long term fans would argue was the turning point and their downfall and very much NOT classic Muse.

While I'd agree Supermassive was their biggest turning point it's also long enough ago that it's very much a part of their core sound a essentials list, which by many measures would be enough to call it classic.

I mean consider Black Holes was released 7 years after Showbiz. It's now 12 years since Black Holes with soon to be 4 successive albums and we can still draw comparisons to Supermassive.

My first gut comparison of this to another Muse song would be that it kind of feels like SMBH 2 and that hasn't gone away after many listens. There are alot of similarities to draw. Which could confirm that Matt thinks SMBH is classic Muse?

Which alot would argue is true and 99% of this board and long term fans would argue was the turning point and their downfall and very much NOT classic Muse.

I'd argue Anything from the first four records is up for "classic Muse" status, and in a few more years TR could make it as well.

Time is Running Out caused all kinds of beef back in the day

From my recollection it was actually Invincible and Starlight being released as singles that was the turning point

For me TR was the turning point. Previous albums may have had some songs that divided opinions, but the albums as a whole were loved. TR was the first time when the album and the band's direction as a whole divided opinions.

When TR first came out though people generally thought it was better than BHaR but over time opinions changed. From what I recall anyway. TR was when the set list complaints really took off

When TR first came out though people generally thought it was better than BHaR but over time opinions changed. From what I recall anyway. TR was when the set list complaints really took off
Yeah that happened with both TR and T2L. "Wow this is so much more inspired than their previous effort", then as time went on the hype of a new album settled.