Pressure (single)

iLikeCorvettes

I can almost guarantee this won't be Muse's "After Laughter." But it really can't be. The main reason AL is so great is because of how deeply personal the lyrics are, juxtaposed with great pop music and melodies. Great pop melodies clearly come naturally to Hayley, while with Matt a lot of stuff feels forced imo. Also AL has a very cohesive sound throughout.

Great video.

Very confusing how they are going to be tied together tho. They are certainly not in album order

Pressure->Dig Down->Thought Contagion->Something Human->The Dark Side

In Pressure we see him go into virtual reality. Loads of shit happens and people become zombie vampires which leads into Thought Contagion, where we see some of the same actors from the new Pressure video. Then he takes off the glasses and ends up where we see him in Something Human, which leads naturally into The Dark Side.

Dig Down is a game being played at the beginning of TC.

Another thing I realised. In the beginning of SH (which takes place in what we assume to be the real world) we can see "infected" on a sign. I think Matt takes on the VR glasses and simulates the history of how the world became infected.

What if the order through which the videos are supposed to be viewed reflects roughly the same positioning the songs will have during gigs?

To me it goes like this, btw: Dig Down --> Thought Contagion --> Pressure --> Something Human --> The Dark Side.

The director has apparently confirmed that Pressure is the prequel to TC.

Pressure->Dig Down->Thought Contagion->Something Human->The Dark Side

In Pressure we see him go into virtual reality. Loads of shit happens and people become zombie vampires which leads into Thought Contagion, where we see some of the same actors from the new Pressure video. Then he takes off the glasses and ends up where we see him in Something Human, which leads naturally into The Dark Side.

Dig Down is a game being played at the beginning of TC.

Yeah that's the order I was thinking. I just assumed that the videos would follow album order but that theory went down the drain once TDS followed SH.

At the start of Pressure he is stood in the same desert where SH starts.

Certainly looking forward to how the remaining songs tie it all together.

Something just threw me off my theory though. In the ending of TC it is implied that all that happened in that video was just a video game (meaning that DD is a video game inside a video game), then Matt shows up outside that video game, with his car and as a werewolf. So how does that make sense if TC is the sequel to Pressure? He takes on his VR glasses in Pressure and ends up in an...arcade game..that is physically placed somewhere else...

I originally thought that this would be a very badly done video concept but the more I think about it the more it seems like they've thought it through a lot (even if they've done it as they go along sometimes). So now I'm trying to figure out how the arcade game works.

I like it, ridiculously catchy. Really entertaining video as well :D

I was expecting a little more 'oomph' from that chorus mind, which is taking a bit to get used to. Also, I feel they've gone a bit overboard on the harmonies in recent times but they're used really well in this song.