Something Human

Just pulled up YouTube on the tv figuring that I'd might as well check out the Something Human video on a screen larger than my phone. The first thing that came up in my "Suggested videos" for Muse was Hullabaloo so I watched that for half an hour. Dead Star, Micro Cuts, Citizen Erased, Sunburn, Showbiz, Megalomania.

Didn't end up watching Something Human. Seemed pointless after that.

The first thing that came up in my "Suggested videos" for Muse was Hullabaloo so I watched that for half an hour. Dead Star, Micro Cuts, Citizen Erased, Sunburn, Showbiz, Megalomania.

Didn't end up watching Something Human. Seemed pointless after that.

This is basically what happened to me when the last two songs came out, haha! Listened to them once and then went and listened to the old albums for a week or so. Never went back to the new ones after that, haha!

Repetitiveness has always existed in pop music, to be honest. But also r'n'r, blues, and folkloristic music.

That was my point. I probably should've made it more clear really.

I just hate hearing people going off about repetitiveness in music when it's been there since literally forever.

The more I listen to this song the more I understand that I actually like the songwriting, and I think it's cool that Matt sounds Matt here and not a Bono Vox/Freddy Mercury copycut. What buzzes me about this song is the way it's arranged and produced, so I think I could really like the acoustic version.

My feelings as well, after a few days. Not to say the song couldn't still have been layered and synth-y. I just don't like the approach, and the somewhat generic arrangement almost seems to betray the songwritting that really is very good (needing something human vs. The blend of Top40 trendy arrangements).

Maybe it'll grow on me, but for now I'll just look forward to the acoustic version which I'm sure I will find really enjoyable.

It gets worse and worse with each song they release.

Also, shameless Kavinsky Outrun cover art

If they use the synthwave design that why not experiment with that genre? An acoustic pop song is not compatible with New Retrowave. There are synthwave artists who also incorporate prog rock guitars in songs, one example:

Around 2 mins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juoac-P9iM8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YanwyGP0Li4

It sounded more imagine dragons to me than any of the synthwave genres I've heard, so I don't really see your point.

I was hoping to watch the acoustic video everyone was raving about, but it seems Matt has deleted it. I wonder why?