Something Human

I like it a lot! I think my perception of it has been tainted by that acoustic teaser however because I really loved that, it worked a lot better stripped down in that way. Like all of us, I'm bummed we keep getting commercial pop given to us but I'm so deep in this rabbit hole, I still have faith it's not going to be this way forever/an entire indication of Muse #8. I just don't get how they can give us the Drones film, full of some of their punchiest work and then give us this. It honestly feels like they're still trying to crack America - please stop doing that now :LOL:

I genuinely really like this song. It's not the Muse that originally attracted me over 10 years ago, but it's done really well. I know this is gonna be an unpopular opinion. I feel like this is Muse coming out of a lacklustre sequence of politically charged songs like most of the Drones songs and TC and DD. The lyrics are miles better, and the feeling this song conveys is a refreshing change. It reminds me slightly of Undisclosed Desires in that it's a pop song done well. It's better than a rock song done badly which was what TC and DD were. :)

Thought Contagion is heavy in comparison to 2nd decade Muse standards.

:facepalm:

If that's the case I think I'd rather they just stopped doing albums for 10 years and did more shows. Those intimate shows that people miss out on.

Thought Contagion

Something Human

Dig Down

Agreed.

It's true, Matt apparently confirmed it in the interview after the premier on the radio.

Not really, just acoustic versions of the album songs. Not 8 new tracks.

I thought Drones was their heaviest album.. Am I wrong?

Origin

After some laughter and swearing after the movie (why did I think, even for a second, they'd actually play the song? smh...:LOL:) I listened to it once earlier. I like it. It's catchy, for me it has something of Amy MacDonald's songs - upbeat, nice vibe especially in the guitars... I feared it would get too near Madness etc., but it didn't. Nice job. :happy:

How would you all rank the singles we've gotten?

Thought Contagion - no contest

Something Human

And somewhere, buried beneath some rubble, Dick Down.

I mean, I didn't *hate* Dig Down but it's like a fart. It's let out there when no-one asked for it, but you notice and acknowledge it and then it's gone. That being said, I've been actively listening lately because I don't mind it that much. It does however deserve best video ranking thus far, I'm not feeling the others. SH's video is a shocker, so ludicrous yet no surprise :LOL:

Like all of us, I'm bummed we keep getting commercial pop given to us but I'm so deep in this rabbit hole, I still have faith it's not going to be this way forever/an entire indication of Muse #8.

I'm fully expecting album 8 to be pretty poppy but in the kroq interview he did say there will be " a lot of heavy rock and the usual stuff" so maybe not. Of course, Matt being Matt, "a lot" probably means like 2 or 3 songs if we're lucky. I don't mind a lot of their pop songs because they end up growing on me I just hope they're better than this.

I'm fully expecting album 8 to be pretty poppy but in the kroq interview he did say there will be " a lot of heavy rock and the usual stuff" so maybe not. Of course, Matt being Matt, "a lot" probably means like 2 or 3 songs if we're lucky. I don't mind a lot of their pop songs because they end up growing on me I just hope they're better than this.

My sentiments exactly! And yes, that is pretty standard Matt. :LOL::LOL: Our definitions of heavy differ, bit like Marty and the Doc. :p

Haven't read other people's opinions yet so that I don't become biased, these are my thoughts having not seen what everyone else has put.

I really really really like this song. Before it was released I was rather sceptical, but now I feel as though this is the best of the three singles from this album so far.

The acoustic track in the background really sets off, and it blends perfectly with the modern electronic instruments. I really think the band have outdone themselves here.

Few things I'm sure have already been mentioned but I'll state anyway:

-The number plate is 'DRKSIDE', which obviously is an allusion to the upcoming song called "The Dark Side", but the easter egg makes me think it will also be the next and final single before the album's release.

-"Simulation Theory" has been teased on the film badges, and now has been teased here as well. It sounds more like the album name to me. Especially since Matt has stated that it's all about technology and Black Mirror - something which has become extremely evident in all three music videos.