Which part is the holocaust bit? You’d think someone would’ve stopped him. Edit: NVM

Apart from that... I do quite like it. Better than Dig Down. The ghostly synth is cool, and I do like an occasional woah. Also, The music during one of the parts (I think the “you’ve been bitten” bit) sounds very Bond-creditsey

I’d say it’s anything but uninspired. Now I’m not saying this is a necessarily good thing, but this isn’t really like anything we’ve heard by them before, and it’s clear they’re inspired by new things.

...And after listening to this single, those "new things", although still not having a ripe enough outcome and being incomplete, personally give me new hope for their future.

For the very first time since T2L (although we know how that turned out), I'm genuinely looking forward to what they are up to for the new album. :)

I really like this one! I enjoyed this a lot more than Dig Down, especially Dom’s drumming is very nice (the handclap samples not the most fitting for the song though), but the tom groove is cool. Matt’s vocals sound great and I can already imagine that this song is going to be a killer live, especially Chris’ woahs. Don’t see this as a Fury 2.0 though, but a good song

I didn't *hate* Dig Down, but I was really disappointed. I am certainly one to still cling on to the hope they'll go back to their roots but I'm too deep in the rabbit hole to want to come out.

ANYWAY. This song? :dance: Chorus is terrible, definitely feelin' everyone's 30STM comments. But I love the rest! It's punchier than the last, and that pleases me. Love the vocal melodies for the verses. Keep going boys, you're slowly coming back... :LOL:

I've listened to it a couple of times now. It's not bad. Definitely better than Dig Down, but that's hardly an accomplishment.

Not a fan of the 30STM-chanting and the electronic drums, but I like the guitar and bass. Wish the guitar would be a bit more prominent though. The solo is fun, but could've been so much more.

All in all: Not bad. Not great, but certainly not THAT bad.

I’m thinking the generic chanting you’ve heard 100 times before spliced with the “thought contagion” hook is probably deliberate.

It's not.

:LOL:

Yeah though, it’s definitely not that deep fam.

Reminds me of people saying Psycho’s riff and The Handler’s solo are intentionally repetitive to ‘hypnotize’ you or sutin.

I really like it on first listen, quite a lot in fact. The riff is great and I love the synth. The choral vocals aren’t near as bad as I had anticipated going off what’s been said on here, however I do think they should be turned down in the mix.

I’m glad that they didn’t use the whammy solo (instead of the “whoa”s) in every chorus, as someone suggested, because that would take away the impact that the solo actually has when it arrives.

Onto my third listen, and whilst I still agree with what I said in my previous post regarding the “whoa”s, and keeping the whammy part for the solo so as to pack a bigger lunch, perhaps the choruses would be better with the ghostly synth than the whoas? Or maybe a mix between the two, slightly favouring the synth?

Either way it’s only a small criticism

Onto my third listen, and whilst I still agree with what I said in my previous post regarding the “whoa”s, and keeping the whammy part for the solo so as to pack a bigger lunch, perhaps the choruses would be better with the ghostly synth than the whoas? Or maybe a mix between the two, slightly favouring the synth?

Either way it’s only a small criticism

Ghostly synth would've been a better main stay than the backing vocals.