I do think the official audio sounds a decent amount better than the leak.

My first thought too. It's a lot punchier, and Matt's vocals sound slightly better.

May just be a silly placebo effect, considering I was hoping the production would be better...

Ok, so I didn't listen to it at all today until the official audio came out, and whilst I think it's slightly better than I remember it, I have a new complaint...

What the hell happened to the bass during the verses? I dismissed it earlier as potentially shoddy audio quality in the leak, but even in the real thing it's like they turned Chris' volume knob down and turned off all of his pedals. It means Matt's vocals are soooooo isolated and sparse, and it doesn't work at all imho

Something I noticed in Coldplay's most recent album is that every song, at some point, had some kind of chanting section, as if the whole project was written with a live show in mind. I'm starting to get the same feeling with these two singles, given all the woah's in each song's choruses. Makes sense I guess, if their end game is to keep on playing stadiums/arenas.

The video's for DD and TC both flash the words 'Augmented Flex, Out Now'. New album title? Or some weird upcoming augmented reality gimmick?

During the interview with Annie Mac, they said something about the next tour being "completely revolutionary" or something along those lines. My mind immediately jumped to a VR "gig" where everyone is given a VR headset and watches the concert through there. Either that or we would be inside the music videos. Something completely outlandish. Odds of this happening? 1/9.999x10^999. I think it could be the album name though, that sounds kinda reasonable.

During the interview with Annie Mac, they said something about the next tour being "completely revolutionary" or something along those lines. My mind immediately jumped to a VR "gig" where everyone is given a VR headset and watches the concert through there. Either that or we would be inside the music videos. Something completely outlandish. Odds of this happening? 1/9.999x10^999. I think it could be the album name though, that sounds kinda reasonable.

Yeah, I started thinking that as well... Didn't Matt actually mention the idea of VR/AR gigs in the past?

After a good few listens...

+ I'm really enjoying the 'You've been bitten by...' parts and falsetto.

+ I love the weird synth line.

+ Solid vocal delivery from Matt.

- It's too repetitive, I was expecting more post-solo.

- I don't mind the 'woahs', but I preferred how they were done in Dig Down. I also don't think those sections will get as big a crowd reaction as the band might think.

- It's unmistakably 'Muse' but I still feel it's missing something? I can't put my finger on what though...perhaps a big chest voice/falsetto note or a more grand ending?

Overall it's on the same level as something like Defector for me. Enjoyable, but not particularly memorable. I do wish they would give all the harmonies/choir like sounds a rest. Sounds like it could be promising in a live setting though.

Well....that's one way to do a music video....

What the heck happened at the end there? Some crazy inception kinda thing with the arcade game? Also the thriller moves were funny when the Foo Fighters did it last year, here, like a lot of the video, it just feels out of place. Honestly just seems like a giant disconnect between the video and the song for me. Like the aesthetic is fine on its own, but the video just doesn't seem to follow the song at all.

Whatever, I don't listen to Muse to watch amazing music videos.

They're like, "we love playing Fury but no one in the crowd knows or likes it other than a few hardcore fans."

That probably cuts deep for all the Fury fanboys out there. I mean, if you love it, just play it, right? (And I'm not even in the Fury fanboy group; there are a dozen other B-sides I like better.)

The video's for DD and TC both flash the words 'Augmented Flex, Out Now'. New album title? Or some weird upcoming augmented reality gimmick?

I assume it's the album title, but there's a company called Flex that's also attempting AR headsets.

Yeah, I started thinking that as well... Didn't Matt actually mention the idea of VR/AR gigs in the past?

He did mention it as a way to incorporate the fact that people are always on their phones at gigs.

The logistics of it though are absolutely mindboggling, especially considering they're already charging $100+ for gigs with little production and cutting back majorly on the areas they're playing in.