Nailed it - say what you like about (the mediocre) Dig Down but at least it didn't sound like someone making one of those "How to make a Muse song" videos as well as being inherently crap

It wasn’t far off with the literal Madness bassline, slapped in guitar solo and sudden ‘long belted note’ climax tbh.

It's definitely the song.

I just really don't understand how can a man who wrote Origin of Symmetry and Absolution could think these new songs are good. Or maybe he knows and doesn't care

Memes aside, it’s not the same man tbf.

It’s been 15-17 years since both of those records, you’re gonna change as a person in that time (especially when your life changes way more radically than most) and Matt clearly has.

It wasn’t far off with the literal Madness bassline, slapped in guitar solo and sudden ‘long belted note’ climax tbh.

Memes aside, it’s not the same man tbf.

It’s been 15-17 years since both of those records, you’re gonna change as a person in that time (especially when your life changes way more radically than most) and Matt clearly has.

Yeah, I get that. But it's not an excuse. I don't mind changing of personality to contribute to a change of style and genre... but, there is a big drop in quality. I would think that someone's musical taste would evolve through the years, not become shittier and shittier.

Fuck me sideways, I still can't get over how Matt was stupid enough to think it would be a good idea to write "brace for the final solution", and how no-one then stopped him before this was all wrapped up. People could make a real shitstorm about this if they want to, it comes across as crass and really ignorant

Fuck me sideways, I still can't get over how Matt was stupid enough to think it would be a good idea to write "brace for the final solution", and how no-one then stopped him before this was all wrapped up. People could make a real shitstorm about this if they want to, it comes across as crass and really ignorant

Oh, I just googled final solution. Jesus christ :LOL::facepalm:

Yeaaaah, I cringed pretty hard at that part too.. What the fuck. :stunned::facepalm:

Definitely had a bit of a

tenor.gif

at “final solution”

Only words I remember tbh. Other than something about being bitten.

Gotta say I was more excited for Drones after hearing the first 2 songs on that than I am about the new album after 2 songs now. And I didn't even care for Dead Inside at first.

Wouldn’t be hyperbolic to say it’s pretty easily the worst start they’ve had to a record. Apart from maybe T2L?

Madness > TC > Survival >= Supremacy > Dig Down

Hard to balance really