"epic and anthemic", "heavy rocking track" reminds me of Knights of Cydonia. Let's hope I'm right lol

Not really anything 80s about Knights though. It’s pretty much just ‘Queen does prog spaghetti western’.

Get more of an Uprising/Guiding Light vibe from all of the descriptions so far tbh but we’ll see I guess. Can’t help but cringe a bit when someone promotes their own new music as ‘epic and anthemic arena rock’ though.

I would enjoy Citizen Erased 2.0 a lot more if more than 1/3 of the song was original music (1/4 if you count the title track as part of the song)

Not only that - I only realised after listening to Elgar's Nimrod properly just how much they managed to fuck that up. You wouldn't think it were possible to use it and not retain some sense of awe or emotion from it - just see the brilliant stuff Hans Zimmer did with it in Dunkirk, for example - but boy oh boy did Muse manage it

Excluding the long winded intro, if the following 3 main “sections” of the song (starting from “you were never truly loved”) were all 3 separate, stand-alone tracks, I think all 3 could have been great as a kind of trilogy to close the album. As it is, I do really enjoy all the parts but it doesn’t flow well.

Guys... There's a stream of TC right now on YT.

I've listened to it, and... it's... quite of a strange song for them! It starts with a big riff and a ghostly synth, and Matt... almost RAPS.

Seriously, try listen to it. You'll find the link on Reddit, here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Muse/comments/7xmbf3/thought_contagion_streaming_now/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3180845677