'

It's that descending four-chord progression used in Resistance and CE. Sounds Musey because it uses the major dominant chord they spam everywhere.

Only three? There's tons of Muse songs made up of some variation of fifths progression.

Andalusian Cadence isn't fifths though is it? It's effectively Am - G - F - E in Citizen Erased, for example.

But I understand the point. They use fifths a lot too. I don't think there is a problem with over using chord progressions though, there are only so many combinations, and Muse are actually incredibly creative with chords in things like Meglomaniac and Eurasia intros (both amazing unique progressions).

Edited by sam_jk

yeah but CE, resistance and reapers are the most obvious ones. I'm not that big of a music geek.

I only just noticed Resistance had this in it :)

Guiding Light and Invincible use similar and common C major progressions.

Thats my video... having being there, the riff is pretty epic, i think once we hear the studio version it will be interesting to hear what it should be like.

but last night... great setlist, crowd were pretty decent... overall damn happy & the Barrowlands was queued right round the building of which i was half way and when i got in as you can see from the video i was pretty close.

Standard stage set up, which was good being stripped back... throw back to the old days

Thats my video... having being there, the riff is pretty epic, i think once we hear the studio version it will be interesting to hear what it should be like.

but last night... great setlist, crowd were pretty decent... overall damn happy & the Barrowlands was queued right round the building of which i was half way and when i got in as you can see from the video i was pretty close.

Standard stage set up, which was good being stripped back... throw back to the old days

Looks like you forgot to add a link :p

Edit: you meant the Reapers video before..sorry

Bloody hell, there's a part 3 thread already?! Also, how the hell did I manage to make the fail list? :LOL:

As for live tracks, I'm going to try and avoid listening to them as much as possible, don't want the album spoiled for me... with the exception of whatever's played at the Manchester gig, of course, as I'm going to be there.

Edited by CoolFunkMan

So fucking powerful! And Reaper, maybe the most brain blowing you've ever written since Knights of Cydonia! Can't wait!

I have been a die-hard Muse fan for years now, I am talking since Showbiz. But I have to say I am very disappointed in this song. Recycling an old Riff (and such a cool one at that) is just lazy and spoiled the riff for me. Psycho is lazy and sounds angry and very unlike Muse. Matt writes about things he thinks people want to hear and just generally his lyrics sounds like he is going through the motions- like there no passion behind what he sings. I dont think Muse is being true to themselves anymore, I think they sold out. Pleeeze dont bother to release the album, The world can do without the torture. I find it very hard to believe this is the same person who wrote Glorious. I think I will just stick to listening to Porcupine tree and Red's new album of beauty and rage.

you know when you listen to a song on repeat for 50 minutes because it just completes your life and the only reason you have to stop listening is because your shift starts...sad times. Physic is fucking amazing! Well done guys!

Some of the incredibly insightful comments on the main website.