Probably a lot worse. I'm expecting no vocal distortion in chorus, that definitely improved it, and very likely no vocoder over the Drones! shouts in the pre-chorus.

I think there will be quite a lot of vocoder on this album. I think it will represent the drones in relation to the concept album.

Probably a lot worse. I'm expecting no vocal distortion in chorus, that definitely improved it, and very likely no vocoder over the Drones! shouts in the pre-chorus.

I don't really care if it lacks some of the distortion as long as Matt's falsetto is perfect. The Drones shouts sound like shit with vocoder on them at least the way Chris drags the word out, with emphasis on the hissing "ssssss".

I mistakenly got excited by the track name "Reapers" and thought it would be a bit more "edgy"and angsty...little bit dissapointed it sounds like a Darkness and AC/DC collaboration instead.

To me Muse, and probably most of you, usually sounds better live than in the studio, so it's a little worrying to me when we are hoping the studio track is better than a live version :O

I mistakenly got excited by the track name "Reapers" and thought it would be a bit more "edgy"and angsty...little bit dissapointed it sounds like a Darkness and AC/DC collaboration instead.

To me Muse, and probably most of you, usually sounds better live than in the studio, so it's a little worrying to me when we are hoping the studio track is better than a live version :O

Keep in mind every recording we get is ass as far as I'm concerned until a pro-shot turns up. Which it won't, because it'll go on the DVD. The song isn't bad but the intro + verses have a hell of a lot of meat on them but they're muddied up in the mix of shitty iPhone recordings and live volume. I can only assume the chorus will have a bunch of layers too, especially considering that vocoder bit contributed by Morgan, we just can't hear anything at all given what we have.

Keep in mind every recording we get is ass as far as I'm concerned until a pro-shot turns up. Which it won't, because it'll go on the DVD. The song isn't bad but the intro + verses have a hell of a lot of meat on them but they're muddied up in the mix of shitty iPhone recordings and live volume. I can only assume the chorus will have a bunch of layers too, especially considering that vocoder bit contributed by Morgan, we just can't hear anything at all given what we have.

This. I can see chris going mental with the bass at some points but just can't hear anything

Got the hype a bit up for me.

Might also be that they only played one song. After Cologne we had 5 new songs after the 3 prior ones had left everyone more skeptical or torn than excited. People have been a lot more optimistic this time.

e-werk was much closer to release date, though. This is 3 months we have to get our knickers in a twist over questionable live recordings of unreleased songs.

We could be good and burned out on bitching about them (or not) by then!

The only reason I think they'll play more is that DVD description, but honestly, I'd rather have pro-shots of the rarities from these gigs, instead...

It's quite depressing how Reapers has seemed to kill quite a lot of hype

The main "disappointment" for me if anything with the track I find is that for a song talking about Reapers, it has an awful lot of upbeat/happy sounding melodies/chord progressions. The verses don't so much but the many solos + bridge parts + choruses make up the overwhelming majority of the song, and that makes the transition to the dark/broody outro all the more stark. I kind of wanted the same mood to pervade all the tracks, so it's just a little unsettling thinking the other tracks might be all "haha drones yay! :)" about the message/concept of the album

The main "disappointment" for me if anything with the track I find is that for a song talking about Reapers, it has an awful lot of upbeat/happy sounding melodies/chord progressions. The verses don't so much but the many solos + bridge parts + choruses make up the overwhelming majority of the song, and that makes the transition to the dark/broody outro all the more stark. I kind of wanted the same mood to pervade all the tracks, so it's just a little unsettling thinking the other tracks might be all "haha drones yay! :)" about the message/concept of the album

I wrote this in the Reapers thread but your right, it has a WAY out of place sound given it's theoretical position in the narrative of the album. The lyrics also are out of place in that respect. They seem to be summing things up and a lot more self aware way too early in the album. Is there any possibility that 'Reapers' actually could be Drones? It's sound and lyrics would work fine as an album closer.

I won't judge Reapers fully until I hear the studio version but me and the people I was with all agreed it did sound brilliant at the Glasgow gig.

Only had the benefit of hearing it once of course, but better that than poor iPhone recordings. I'd urge you not to judge the song based on them.

That full-on RATM whammy solo, the heavy riff outro - and I personally enjoyed the Van Halen-esque tapping at the start. I'm really looking forward to hearing the album version.

Sorry if its not new info, but on itunes it has Dead Inside's length listed as 4:23. Just thought I'd share :)

Edit: Guess I could have looked back a page first to know it isn't, but I usually skip that process these days on account of how many useless posts you have to wade through to find any info.

Sorry if its not new info, but on itunes it has Dead Inside's length listed as 4:23. Just thought I'd share :)

Edit: Guess I could have looked back a page first to know it isn't, but I usually skip that process these days on account of how many useless posts you have to wade through to find any info.

I wonder when the preview will be available...hmmm.

I wrote this in the Reapers thread but your right, it has a WAY out of place sound given it's theoretical position in the narrative of the album. The lyrics also are out of place in that respect. They seem to be summing things up and a lot more self aware way too early in the album. Is there any possibility that 'Reapers' actually could be Drones? It's sound and lyrics would work fine as an album closer.

Isn't it more likely we're overestimating how much of a consistent narrative the album has?