It's a one minute clip... :rolleyes: hardly sounds any different except for the vocal distortion and slightly stronger vocals.

The Whammy + tapping sections sound better and 'cleaner' (for want of a better word) to me in this new clip as well tbh. Just sounds like a more secure version in general, judging from that clip anyway.

Have you noticed that the names of Drill Sergeant and JFK were both erased from Drones tracklist on muse.mu?

http://muse.mu/music-video/music/71.htm

Could that mean they'll change their name, or that they are full songs that were only under working titles? Or could that mean nothing at all?

It's likely a software error. The [] brackets used around the track titles are also used to create links in the Wiki software.

took me a while to figure out Dom was on Chris' shoulders :LOL:

wait, what? There are three men in the doorway: one to the left, one sitting in the back and Dom behind him.

edit: oh, I see it now. Chris seems to care so little that I thought he was just sitting on a chair :D

Edited by lozin

Maybe the Drill Sergeant and JFK interludes simply got merged with the following tracks. The most logical and likely guess in my opinion as that's what I took the brackets to be - showing that they're interludes not seperate tracks.

i hope not, 'cause I'd like to skip them from time to time

I really wish that vocoder during the solo fucked off :(

I really hope the album version sounds better. to me the whole thing sounds like a bunch of different melodies (written in different times) forced in to one song. some parts sound really out of place to me.

okay, so about reapers.

the verses are solid, although using the andalusian cadence in three separate songs is a bit of a "srsly?" thing. and I honestly think it was used for the sole purpose of keeping around a very small scrap of the "musey" sound. it feels pretty desperate tbh.

the classic rock riff with the drones shout just doesn't go with the verses, and neither does the utterly terrible robbie williams/scissor sisters like chorus. the solos are also pretty yawn-inducing. 3/10.

okay, so about reapers.

the verses are solid, although using the andalusian cadence in three separate songs is a bit of a "srsly?" thing. and I honestly think it was used for the sole purpose of keeping around a very small scrap of the "musey" sound. it feels pretty desperate tbh.

the classic rock riff with the drones shout just doesn't go with the verses, and neither does the utterly terrible robbie williams/scissor sisters like chorus. the solos are also pretty yawn-inducing. 3/10.

What is Andalusian Cadence? Wikipedia says it's a chord progression, but I still don't really get it. What has it to do with musey sound?

I think CE and Resistance have that cadence. But a fuckton of songs do. Regardless, wouldn't say what we've heard of the song sounds much "musey" at all.
Yep. And that was kind of his point though. It's pretty all over the place, and they tried to tie it all together with a familiar chord progression.

Not that I really agree.

What is Andalusian Cadence? Wikipedia says it's a chord progression, but I still don't really get it. What has it to do with musey sound?

It's that descending four-chord progression used in Resistance and CE. Sounds Musey because it uses the major dominant chord they spam everywhere.

the verses are solid, although using the andalusian cadence in three separate songs is a bit of a "srsly?" thing.

Only three? There's tons of Muse songs made up of some variation of fifths progression.