Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

Only thing I'm not that excited about is the outro. It kicks ass, and even kinda fits the whole narrative thing thematically, but musically it just feels way too alien to the rest of the song. It must be a face melter live, though.

You mean the 4 bar outro? It resonants with the intro. What did you expect to happen there instead?

A lot of your posts seem to contain a thin veil of condescension that suggest you think your opinion on certain matters is more valid than other people's, for one reason or another. I'm not the first to take issue with it and I can pretty much guarantee I wont be the last.

You are right. But to be frank: just ignore him, all (!) of his comments scream for attention.

It's just classic Muse drop D chromatic riff.

OHHH I was thinking he was referring to the DI outro!! :LOL:

Yeah, but the riff works! They've replicated their liveliness on an album, finally - or since OoS which played a lot with feedback, (is that what it's called?) and all.

So, just to clarify, if people "knew what you knew", Matt would no longer be considered a great singer? Expect an extermination drone inbound lest you one day have a platform on which to inform people of this knowledge. You could be a threat to one of Warner's most lucrative properties!

I wasn't worrying and i'm deliriously happy that you know of so many artists, but I didn't say Bennington looking weird means what you thought I meant, I said he looks under strain hitting a lot of his notes, and it reflects in the performance. He sounds strained.

A lot of your posts seem to contain a thin veil of condescension that suggest you think your opinion on certain matters is more valid than other people's, for one reason or another. I'm not the first to take issue with it and I can pretty much guarantee I wont be the last.

ah yes, the age-old "i picked an argument with someone who had blatantly done far more research than me, got shown up, so will distract with tone complaints". never, ever gets old.

So, just to clarify, if people "knew what you knew", Matt would no longer be considered a great singer? Expect an extermination drone inbound lest you one day have a platform on which to inform people of this knowledge. You could be a threat to one of Warner's most lucrative properties!

I wasn't worrying and i'm deliriously happy that you know of so many artists, but I didn't say Bennington looking weird means what you thought I meant, I said he looks under strain hitting a lot of his notes, and it reflects in the performance. He sounds strained.

I am arguing with facts, while you have none. That condescending tone you're noticing might have to do with that you clearly pick an argument you have no knowledge of and misunderstand the simplest of points. But it has nothing to do with opinions, and playing that card only demonstrates how out of arguments you are.

Instrumentally, and vocally, this is definitely one of the best tracks they've done for years! I do admit, it does seem like they've recycled a lot of elements from some of their older tracks (plus RATM), but I can live with that.

However, the more I listen to it, the more I realise how absolutely awful the lyrics are. I know Mutt Lange told Matt to be "more literal", but this is just too much. :LOL: I'm sorry, but I just find them cringe-worthy. They will make sense in terms of the concept for the album, but it would have been nice if they were a bit more cryptic.

Still love it though!

Instrumentally, and vocally, this is definitely one of the best tracks they've done for years! I do admit, it does seem like they've recycled a lot of elements from some of their older tracks (plus RATM), but I can live with that.

However, the more I listen to it, the more I realise how absolutely awful the lyrics are. I know Mutt Lange told Matt to be "more literal", but this is just too much. :LOL: I'm sorry, but I just find them cringe-worthy. They will make sense in terms of the concept for the album, but it would have been nice if they were a bit more cryptic.

Still love it though!

I am totally NOT in love with Matt's recent lyrics - sod it I don't like most of his less recent lyrics - but the song is awesome. Love.

We know Matts parents had a "messy divorce" What if breaking up with Kate brought them memories back.

Home it's becoming a killing field, crosshair locked on my heart, you rule with lies and deceit.

In my eyes it has a more personal meaning. It could be about a break up in which a girlfriend has lied about what happened in order to get their friends on her side - her friends becoming metaphorically drones.

Basically the lyrics are only bad if you're looking at it as a song just about drone warfare. In my eyes it is much deeper than that.

I am arguing with facts, while you have none. That condescending tone you're noticing might have to do with that you clearly pick an argument you have no knowledge of and misunderstand the simplest of points. But it has nothing to do with opinions, and playing that card only demonstrates how out of arguments you are.

No, you're telling people what they would think if they knew "what I know" about the technical aspects of someone singing, that is unbelievably self-righteous. Ha, are you serious? The condescending tone isn't something I've just noticed on this thread, it's riddled throughout all of your posts.

Here's my argument then, Matt Bellamy is a great singer and neither you, nor any other of the high-horse posters can tell me that opinion is in any way less valid than your own.

He's telling you facts, I'm not sure why you lot are getting ring-sting over it :rolleyes: It's not like he's telling you you aren't allowed to like Matt's voice. He's just saying that, going by facts, he isn't that great technically.

No, you're telling people what they would think if they knew "what I know" about the technical aspects of someone singing, that is unbelievably self-righteous. Ha, are you serious? The condescending tone isn't something I've just noticed on this thread, it's riddled throughout all of your posts.

Here's my argument then, Matt Bellamy is a great singer and neither you, nor any other of the high-horse posters can tell me that opinion is in any way less valid than your own.

You don't seem to understand the point being made. At all.

"Technically, Matt is quite an average singer, and range-wise he falls short of most popular singers, but I love his voice"

"I think you're wrong, and to say that he's limited range-wise is ridiculous"

"Okay here's some proof that his range is quite average, as well as some examples of where he's flawed technically"

"You're just telling us what we should think!! My argument is that in my opinion, Matt Bellamy is a great singer!"