Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

I've had the "you can run but you're never gonna, never gonna" part stuck in my head all day. This song is fun

What I want to know is who sings that part. Plus who sings the "dead inside" vocoder part. Probably Matt because Matt does most everything (probably also the "Unsustainable" robot voice too) but you never know

People are nuts if they think Chris is doing these parts. It's more obvious than Obama's hate towards conservatives that part in Psycho is Matt, since when has Chris ever done vibrato falsetto? Just because Chris sings the "drones" part and the "here come the drones" part live during Reapers that doesn't mean he recorded it in studio, they also both obviously sound like Matt.

I don't mean the "fucking psycho" parts. I meant the "I'm gonna make you" parts.

I will admit to being an idiot when it comes to musical terms and what they sound like though haha

I don't mean the "fucking psycho" parts. I meant the "I'm gonna make you" parts.

I will admit to being an idiot when it comes to musical terms and what they sound like though haha

Matt actually recorded those parts too. He was just experimenting with his vocal delivery

Matt actually recorded those parts too. He was just experimenting with his vocal delivery

Thanks for clarifying that. I just always assumed it was Chris that did them parts. :)

Learn something (albeit probably obvious to most) new every day

People are nuts if they think Chris is doing these parts. It's more obvious than Obama's hate towards conservatives that part in Psycho is Matt, since when has Chris ever done vibrato falsetto? Just because Chris sings the "drones" part and the "here come the drones" part live during Reapers that doesn't mean he recorded it in studio, they also both obviously sound like Matt.

^^^^ Psycho is definitely Matt and I think Reapers is as well, Matt has a much more over the top approach to vocals than Chris and it really shines through on those

Considering how people have hated the words drone or something related to it in the last three songs, it's quite ironic how the drone bits are the best lyrics of Reapers :LOL:

I think it's because it's done in a menacing way and isn't matt singing about turning people into "super drones" or having a nasty ex "unleashing a million drones" on him and actually adds to the feeling of the song.

I love the song, I think it's pure gold. But, am I the only one who hates the vocoder backing vocals in the chorus? I find it distracting and chaotic...I don't mind them during the solo, they fit there perfectly, but during the chorus, I just can't stand them!

I love the vocoders there! To me they really emphasize the eighties rock vibe this song has.

...let me clarify: the GOOD eighties rock vibe the song has.

I love this song!

I would have that person's ears checked, or ask if it's also the only Muse song they've heard.

It's my brother, who's heard all their albums, and who I've introduced to Slayer, Meshuggah (even if he wasn't keen on them) and other such acts. To be honest, going on our conversations about the new songs so far, we might as well be listening to different songs. Apparently the sirens and distorted wails are what push it over the edge.