Do you like Reapers?  

698 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Reapers?

• Yes!!
    • Maybe
    • Nope
    • Electronically arousing

I love the plagal cadence at the end, absolutely beautiful. Especially with the organ/bass whatever that is backing it up. Didn't like it the first few times I listened to this track but i really feel that Matt's voice actually blends perfectly with this.

The album notes for this piece are quite funny. Something along the lines of 'all tracks performed by Matthew Bellamy Christopher Wolstenholme and Dominic Howard a part from track 'Drones' performed by Matthew Bellamy'. Made me laugh at least.

I love the plagal cadence at the end, absolutely beautiful. Especially with the organ/bass whatever that is backing it up. Didn't like it the first few times I listened to this track but i really feel that Matt's voice actually blends perfectly with this.

The album notes for this piece are quite funny. Something along the lines of 'all tracks performed by Matthew Bellamy Christopher Wolstenholme and Dominic Howard a part from track 'Drones' performed by Matthew Bellamy'. Made me laugh at least.

Why is that funny?...

Maybe already said but the tapping part, it seems like Thunderstruck by AC/DC.

But it was not Mutt as producer for this song.

Strange.

Matt has played it live for years so it has nothing to do with Mutt.

People think that just because Matt is tapping it's AC/DC or Eddie Van Halen. That second tapping solo is more akin to something Buckethead would do than anything.

Both tapping solos are the same, except that in the second one he uses the Whammy

People think that just because Matt is tapping it's AC/DC or Eddie Van Halen. That second tapping solo is more akin to something Buckethead would do than anything.

There's more to it than that. I said it sounds like Hot For Teacher by VH because of the way it opens up with just drums, then a big guitar scrape/slide before going into a tapping section that ascends up the strings. They even end kinda the same.

The two really are pretty similar.

No idea if this has been mentioned before, but after listening to this song for probably the 100th time (my favorite on the album) I think I finally made out what the electro-synth voice is saying during the chorus:

"You can run but you can't hide"

Has this been conclusively confirmed/denied? Would fit perfectly with the theme of the song. Thoughts? Am I crazy for hearing that?

No idea if this has been mentioned before, but after listening to this song for probably the 100th time (my favorite on the album) I think I finally made out what the electro-synth voice is saying during the chorus:

"You can run but you can't hide"

Has this been conclusively confirmed/denied? Would fit perfectly with the theme of the song. Thoughts? Am I crazy for hearing that?

Yeah, it's been mentioned a fair bit. It's "You can run but you're never gonna hide".