Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

I feel like Panic Station is catchier, but Dead Inside isn't that bad.

It's the same shock value that Madness, UD, and SMBH gave us on first listen. None of those are really bad songs (though SMBH is easily the best out of all four).

Agree with this. And I love BHaR and The Resistance. They will always release the poppy song as the opening single.

maybe this is the the 2 law part 2

Supremacy> Pyscho

Reapers> Animals

Madness> Dead Inside

More like

Uprising + Kate Hudson = Psycho

Queen + AC/DC + Van Halen + Morello/RATM + Kate Hudson = Reapers

Undisclosed Desires + Madness + Panic Station + Kate Hudson = Dead Inside

Do you though?

Well most of the time anyway. It's the foundation of the modern pop song. There are rare exceptions where it does sound good though, like Rebellion- Arcade Fire, but that's mainly down to the modulation into the progression

It actually flows well into Psycho, surprisingly!

Yeah, tried this out now and you're not entirely wrong here.

The Drill Sergeant clip makes for a nice beat interlude between both tracks looking at it now in retrospect. Makes the transition pretty palatable.

More like

Uprising + Kate Hudson = Psycho

Queen + AC/DC + Van Halen + Morello/RATM + Kate Hudson = Reapers

Undisclosed Desires + Madness + Panic Station + Kate Hudson = Dead Inside

Can't say I'm a massive fan of it so far, but I do think it is the most radio friendly thing that they have done since probably SMBH. A lot of their singles take too long to get going whereas this track gets straight to the point.

Definitely really weird for an opener (at least sound wise...content wise I get it).

But I gotta say, I personally am really digging it. Already listened to it 5 times. Very poppy (and I prefer my Muse heavy), but I think his vocals sound pretty great. Think it'll sound awesome live with a sweet stage setup.

I'm finally coming around on their ability to be versatile. I always wanted "OoS or Absolution pt2", but this makes for a great mix when shuffling through their whole discography. And I'm a sucker for 80s stuff, so that helps, too.

I can't really see this song being anything other than an opener honestly.

If the album is mainly straight up rock, I don't see a song like this working anywhere else. It feels a bit like Supremacy to me in terms of buildup with Panic Station's "funk" in the main portions.

See, if it doesn't work in the context of the album, cut it and put something else in.

And fit the tone. Like, not include mentions of magic on skin or whatever that was.
What's so hard to understand about the concept of this album? This is where someone leaves the love, or pop if you will, behind, and become cold, hard or whatever you wanna call it, and that's when the rock comes in.