Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

I'm gonna say it, at my own risk: Muse is a brilliant band doing pop nowadays. This is way better than Psycho/Reapers (waiting studio version, just in case). I'm much more dissapointed at their rock songs than their more poppier sounds (Except Animals, that was brilliant).

PS. I'm not trying to state a fact, it's only my opinion ;)

It is actually hilarious how obtuse some Muse fans are on here, I get not liking the song, or some of the songs not being of a certain fans taste, but holy crap...It's like OoS and Absolution are the ONLY albums some people here like, and everything that sounds remotely different is somehow lesser :LOL: no riff = no buy. :LOL:

How is Dead Inside different? They've been sounding like this for the last six years.

It is actually hilarious how obtuse some Muse fans are on here, I get not liking the song, or some of the songs not being of a certain fans taste, but holy crap...It's like OoS and Absolution are the ONLY albums some people here like, and everything that sounds remotely different is somehow lesser :LOL: I just read a couple of posts before and someone was just slating Foo Fighters of all, whats wrong? Foo Fighter's music doesn't sound enough like OoS to you? jeez grow SOME range in your tastes people.

Most of us have some range in our tastes. I mean, Foo Fighters are hardly a million miles from Muse anyway.

I went into Dead Inside with way too low expectations on account of me thinking Psycho was just kinda lazy. If anything, Dead Inside to me feels like a much more confident song in spite of it's general approach. It really just affirms to me that, come whatever may, Muse only really feel solid when they're comfortable in their own shells.

I dunno, I like this a lot more than Madness or Uprising. It feels much more deliberate. The former felt like it was too meandering, the latter felt like it didn't really get as intense as it should have. Even if this is just some transitional track it sits well with me. I probably shouldn't let this track excite me too much because the rest of the material is undoubtedly going to be way different, but overall it's really jammy and Matt can still sell his cheesy as hell vocals as long as he has the drive.

Yeah. Perhaps because my expectations were different for each song, but also because Madness has better melodies and the campy stuff fits with the tone, in my opinion. Dead Inside, in comparison, plods rather limply.

ah. I'm with Spittle. Zero expectations. With Muse I learned the hard way :facepalm:

Madness had me underneath my desk when I first heard it. I can't bear to listen to it. NSC gets played in my car when friends are in town and who want to torture me (thank you Olly). This doesn't leave me feeling violently sick :LOL:

Do I love it? uhmmmm :unsure:

Tis always fun though to see the disparity in reaction and find out why people love some songs and hate others. You mention the camp of Madness, so if that's what you like about Muse then I totally get it :yesey:

It is actually hilarious how obtuse some Muse fans are on here, I get not liking the song, or some of the songs not being of a certain fans taste, but holy crap...It's like OoS and Absolution are the ONLY albums some people here like, and everything that sounds remotely different is somehow lesser :LOL: I just read a couple of posts before and someone was just slating Foo Fighters of all, whats wrong? Foo Fighter's music doesn't sound enough like OoS to you? jeez grow SOME range in your tastes people.

Anything this is a horrible opener, a great single and it has the nice melodic feel that was missing from Psycho (which i felt was horribly bland) but yeah of course...no riff = no buy. :LOL:

I don't think you should paint a lot of people with the same brush. Many of us listen to a huge variety of music (Muse will always be dear to me, but I've seen hundreds upon hundreds of live bands across genres, personally speaking), and aren't just hater drones that you think we are.

My issue is that the song doesn't make sense and is extremely frustrating. They're playing a load of intimate venues with an incredibly rock-centric setlist, talking about how they want to go back to 'basics.' They're playing Psycho and Reapers live, they're pulling out rarities and hyping the shit out of everyone as they remind us how incredible they CAN BE AND ARE.

... and this is their response? Please. Valid criticisms. OoS and A are long gone, but don't work the shaft then give us blue balls.

Anything this is a horrible opener, a great single and it has the nice melodic feel that was missing from Psycho (which i felt was horribly bland) but yeah of course...no riff = no buy. :LOL:

I think people would just prefer good songwriting. If you wonder why people typically prefer OoS and Absolution, that's why.

It just feels weird hearing them talk about how they felt the "last few albums they've strayed away from their instruments to explore and want to go back to the ol' guitar-bass-drums", and then this is the first official single from their new album.

Uh, okay.

That's why they gave us Psycho first.

I don't think you should paint a lot of people with the same brush. Many of us listen to a huge variety of music (Muse will always be dear to me, but I've seen hundreds upon hundreds of live bands across genres, personally speaking), and aren't just hater drones that you think we are.

My issue is that the song doesn't make sense and is extremely frustrating. They're playing a load of intimate venues with an incredibly rock-centric setlist, talking about how they want to go back to 'basics.' They're playing Psycho and Reapers live, they're pulling out rarities and hyping the shit out of everyone as they remind us how incredible they CAN BE AND ARE.

... and this is their response? Please. Valid criticisms. OoS and A are long gone, but don't work the shaft then give us blue balls.

Very good point, totally agree.

It just feels weird hearing them talk about how they felt the "last few albums they've strayed away from their instruments to explore and want to go back to the ol' guitar-bass-drums", and then this is the first official single from their new album.

Uh, okay.

You realize there are only two damn synths on the song? Christ

:yesey: