Do you like Psycho?  

503 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Psycho?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

That review went about as I expected! I agree with some of the criticisms but somehow I still like the song ok. Mostly I'm just encouraged by the direction they seem to be going. But I hope some of the other songs are more proggy and complex, not all straight forward "cock rock."

It is a comeback no? I haven't read the article yet so don't know the context but they're coming back from having the gap recording their new album, first new song = comeback no?

Is it called a comeback every time any band releases a new album? I think of comeback as generally applying to a band that has been inactive for a long time. It's not like muse dropped off the face of the earth for the last decade.

Is it called a comeback every time any band releases a new album? I think of comeback as generally applying to a band that has been inactive for a long time. It's not like muse dropped off the face of the earth for the last decade.

Yeeeah, like I get your logic behind it, and maybe it depends on who's saying it, but I think comeback single for when a band comes back after a year with new material is fair enough

IMO Explorers, Big Freeze, Resistance, Guiding Light, NSC.

Those songs at least have some musicality to them. Psycho is just utter and total crap from any angle. It made me cringe from the first part of the drill sgt and the profanity combined with the ultra boring riff. If this is what Muse fans have been DYING for, I will resign my Muse fan-club card now. At least there is the pre-2009 music.

I really don't understand all the lyric hate. Matt's never been a great lyricist but it's extremely promising that the lyrics seem solid in advancing the album's theme. I mean the lyrics are basically like 'Animals' if you ignore the swears. And hey, shit like "fat cats have a heart attack"? Nobody was hyper critical with any of that. Lots of critique about the lyrics which I don't think are that bad. Minimal attention given to Matt's on point form and delivery with all of the vocals, he's trying some new things too which are great.

Matt had great lyrics prior to "The Resistance". "Hoodoo" comes to mind. Also "Falling Away With You". I can't believe that Matt is the same guy who wrote that achingly beautiful song. It's like the devil/psycho inhabits him now producing this tripe since 2009.

Ugh. It was so obnoxious I had to turn it off at the 2:00 mark. Once the drill sergeant came back, I knew it was irredeemable trash. I guess the 'fans' brought in by 'Uprising' will like this. For those of who fell in love over "Butterflies and Hurricanes" or even OoS, this is a farewell.

Ugh. It was so obnoxious I had to turn it off at the 2:00 mark. Once the drill sergeant came back, I knew it was irredeemable trash. I guess the 'fans' brought in by 'Uprising' will like this. For those of who fell in love over "Butterflies and Hurricanes" or even OoS, this is a farewell.

Opposite

It's great coming on the boards to see some quality comedy from those with a Ph.D in Origin of Symmetry.

Lol they're not really fans I guess. That's why it's in quotes.

I suppose anyone who enjoys listening to new music and hearing the sound evolve isn't a fan. That's a coveted title for only those who can only enjoy OoS and Absolution. :rolleyes:

But really, as much as I enjoyed Matt's voice and how he used it on those albums, his voice is only getting better.

At first I loved the song, now I like it (hype is bad). I give it a 7/10. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think that Madness was more promising as an advance for the record. It showed a band without fear to do something outside its comfort zone. Psycho is a good rock song, but it seems that the band is playing safer. And I love when they experiment and try new things. But it's too soon to judge them, it's only one song, and it's not a bad one.

Oh, you're one of those people.

Anyway, same old Muse board. People loving it at first listen, until the hyperbole experts come in.